Jump to content

Gorgeous looking HiFi


Recommended Posts

 I started the fun fugly thread, so thought it would be just as much fun doing a gorgeous beautiful hifi thread.   

 

Current production HiFi would be preferable

 

to show I am not anti McIntosh, here is the brand new MA12000.    This thing looks sensational 

 

Hybrid design: vacuum tube preamp and solid state power amp
350 Watts x 2 channel
8-band tone control
17 inputs (10 analog + 7 digital)

 

McIntosh MA12000 Integrated Amplifier

 

McIntosh MA12000 Integrated Amplifier

 

McIntosh MA12000 Integrated Amplifier

 

 

  • Like 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites
  • Volunteer

I bet this one will divide, but I've always admired the aesthetic styling of Estelon.

 

home.jpg

 

436E3830-EF11-427F-BFA7-7BB5C14E7979.jpe

Home grown - Supratek.

 

dmRArUMbtJ2ImzTtXtaV3Fq8mYSx1HxZYGwRmK2j

 

1884813-c7f7a2d0-supratek-dual-cabernet-

 

Mick is one of the few to capture the design beauty of valve amps IMO.

  • Like 8
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites
  • Volunteer

How could I forget? A big box speaker that you immediately know means business. It's imposing in a way that its allowed to do its job, yet IMO still becomes a statement piece that complements the room, rather than taking over it.  

 

447a2cc2-135a-4b73-a72f-27ca3d664397_1.8

  • Like 13
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Marc said:

How could I forget? A big box speaker that you immediately know means business. It's imposing in a way that its allowed to do its job, yet IMO still becomes a statement piece that complements the room, rather than taking over it.  

 

447a2cc2-135a-4b73-a72f-27ca3d664397_1.8

 

great colour too!!   I have heard some owners wrap theirs - god knows why :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, metal beat said:

 I started the fun fugly thread, so thought it would be just as much fun doing a gorgeous beautiful hifi thread.   

 

Current production HiFi would be preferable

 

to show I am not anti McIntosh, here is the brand new MA12000.    This thing looks sensational 

 

Hybrid design: vacuum tube preamp and solid state power amp
350 Watts x 2 channel
8-band tone control
17 inputs (10 analog + 7 digital)

 

McIntosh MA12000 Integrated Amplifier

 

McIntosh MA12000 Integrated Amplifier

 

McIntosh MA12000 Integrated Amplifier

 

 

 

I cannot wrap my head around tubes that are deliberately lit up green

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Marc said:

How could I forget? A big box speaker that you immediately know means business. It's imposing in a way that its allowed to do its job, yet IMO still becomes a statement piece that complements the room, rather than taking over it.  

 

447a2cc2-135a-4b73-a72f-27ca3d664397_1.8

Its odd that they photoshopped this instead of taking real pics.

they did a terrible job of the shadows on the right speaker

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Marc said:

 

 

436E3830-EF11-427F-BFA7-7BB5C14E7979.jpe

 

 

 

Is it me or does the left speaker looks like it has a pair of hands sticking out from the back? like a hand on the hip pose......

Edited by anandpkumar
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Grizzly said:

 

I cannot wrap my head around tubes that are deliberately lit up green

 

Especially between the two blue VU meters and the blue lcd display below.

 

And the top with the round vent? is a bit busy overall.

 

I've really liked the look of some MacIntosh designs in the past, but the lack of restraint in this one is a bit off-putting IMO.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Tony M said:

 

Especially between the two blue VU meters and the blue lcd display below.

 

And the top with the round vent? is a bit busy overall.

 

I've really liked the look of some MacIntosh designs in the past, but the lack of restraint in this one is a bit off-putting IMO.

Yup.........I did like some of the older McIntosh designs, but the newer ones are getting uglier by the day. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hmm, somany options...

 

I'll start with the Bakoon amp-13r. Love the quirky, industrial style, with a touch of class.

 

A36AA982-E084-4009-900B-73F658D6AA9F.thumb.jpeg.33666cafe6b00d349f71e68dfb21de6c.jpeg

 

Most Gryphon stuff looks superb. From the avant garde..

 

E9D8BE7B-274E-4767-B239-0F38020DBDCB.thumb.jpeg.c23243cae73f434c0ca098caf0b25f9c.jpeg

 

...to the understated...

 

551D63D5-F838-44B7-BC1A-B56418FC9AD4.thumb.jpeg.c54153d3ede2b5a76704369cc01ca9b1.jpeg

 

 

6 hours ago, Marc said:

I bet this one will divide, but I've always admired the aesthetic styling of Estelon.

 


They look awesome. As a sculptor, I'd be very happy to have designed those.

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Volunteer
4 hours ago, sakabatou said:

Its odd that they photoshopped this instead of taking real pics.

they did a terrible job of the shadows on the right speaker

 

Most of the "stock" images are photoshopped these days. Worse, a high percentage of them are not even photographs, but renders.

Link to comment
Share on other sites
  • Volunteer

OK, I concede - it should have been posted in the other thread.

Since someone said BBQ and Weber, I can't see anything else now.

  • Like 6
  • Haha 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Marc said:

OK, I concede - it should have been posted in the other thread.

Since someone said BBQ and Weber, I can't see anything else now.

 

It's ok, I think the waffles are nearly done.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites
Guest Eggcup the Dafter

A lot of the items getting into these two threads are "statement" pieces that may look different in the flesh and dependent on their surroundings.
 

WIth that in mind, neither those big JBLs nor the Eidolons were pictured in their actual working environments, and I suspect they would be less attractive if they were?

If the Eidolons were photographed in place in my living room we'd have them in the Fugly thread straight off. Then again, it's covered in stripped down bikes and piles of books at the moment...

Edited by Eggcup the Dafter
Link to comment
Share on other sites
Just now, Telecine said:

 

It's ok, I think the waffles are nearly done.

Yep. Just breaking open a new bottle a genuine Maple Syrup. Yummmmm!:)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...
To Top