FS: Dali Epicon 2 Ruby (+ Stands) - 8 months old

Item Condition: As new, immaculate
Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost.
Suburb or Town: Sydney
State: NSW
Payment Method: Cash, Bank transfer
Reason for selling: Downgrading before going back to Europe

I had to delay "a bit" my relocation to Europe because of COVID, so I'm still here and I haven't shipped them as I intended to. I'm reposting this to see if there's any new interest. Ad is a copy from the original. Slightly flexible on the price. I also have Lenehan Foilflex Speaker Cables 2.5m. If you take both I'll become even a bit more flexible.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For sale my 4 months old Epicon 2 Ruby and their stands (~10k RRP). See my feedback from DrMikeOz about the Rubicon 2 I sold to him after 2 years, so I will let you imagine the condition of these...:) I have everything, including boxes, manual, etc.

Pet free, smoke free, child free environment, and even my wife has been training her social distancing skills with the speakers (she's not allowed to be closer than 1.5 meters). 

The ruby varnish is amazing, among the most beautiful I've seen, but really hard to take in photos... I did my best but you might have to check online if you want better pictures of the varnish.

Sound wise it's fabulous.It does require more power than the Rubicon 2 (I had to go from the Elekit 8200 to the 8340 (On sale too)), but does everything better. I used to have sub-woofers with the Rubicon, I never felt the need with these Epicon.

First time in a while I just sit down and enjoy without thinking about changing anything (the Focal Utopia headphones have the same effect on me). Amazing imaging, all the details, forward but not harsh, deep bass... Read the reviews below, they are describing them better than I can.

I think they are brilliant with tubes, but I've been told they pair very well with SS too (Electrocompaniet, Roskan, Musical Fidelity and Hegel). They are pretty big for bookshelves speakers (see the pictures with the banana for scale).

My plan would be to sell them here and buy another 2nd hand pair when I'll be back in Europe (my dad, who's also into HiFi is looking for them on my behalf, lucky me). If I get no luck selling them here, I'll ship them over by the end of the month so they'll arrive before Xmas. I bought a cheap system to keep me waiting until then.

However I've read a lot of bad reviews about shipping speakers, and even if I can insure them, I think I'll have a heart attack if they damage them.... So I'd still prefer selling them here.

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions!

Reviews from internet:

From the What Hi Fi review:

Once properly bolted onto the supports and run-in – which takes around 100 hours – these standmounters sing. Play a piece of music like Queen of Hearts by the Unthanks and these Dalis will repay you with a wonderfully articulate and fluid midrange performance that reveals the nuances in the haunting vocals brilliantly.

There’s just the right degree of natural warmth in place, which isn’t always the case with rivals that chase resolution over musical satisfaction. These Dalis never make that mistake. Yes, they dig up masses of detail, but the presentation always chooses the path of entertainment over outright information retrieval.

This lovely midrange performance is flanked by frequency extremes that are almost as impressive. The enclosures might be relatively small, but all the work Dali has done with those mid/bass drivers and the cabinets’ construction has paid off with the kind of weighty, agile but rich bass that will satisfy in all but the largest of rooms.

Full review: https://www.whathifi.com/dali/epicon-2/review

From Trusted Reviews:

What this all adds up to is a fabulous sound, rich in detail and oozing warmth. With music, there’s passion and dynamism in spades, but everything is delivered with the level of poise and refinement you’d expect from speakers costing upwards of £3k.

They’re capable of a big, muscular sound, and when it comes to forceful parts of a song they really put their back into it. The roomy cabinets allow for excellent bass depth compared with regularly sized standmounts, so the sound feels like that of a larger floorstanding pair.

With a price tag like this you might expect nothing less, but even so there’s no denying that the Dali Epicon 2 deliver heavenly sound quality. Music playback is blessed with lucid detail, which brings an openness and insight missing from cheaper speakers, while their bass reproduction is some of the deepest and most agile we’ve heard from a pair of standmounts.

Full review: http://www.trustedreviews.com/reviews/dali-epicon-2

From Pocket-Lint:

To some, it might not come as a surprise that speakers which cost nearly £4k are "very good indeed". But with hi-fi, it's never clear if you're buying something worthwhile, or something that's just designed to appeal to people with a lot of money.

And here's the deal. Speakers cost more because most people will buy one or two pairs in their whole life. Buy these Epicons now, and there's a pretty reasonable chance they'll still be serving you well when you're retired and have to have everything turned up to 11 to hear it. So what seems expensive now will more than likely see several different hi-fi components being connected to them over their life. These may very well be the cheapest thing you invest in for your hi-fi over the whole of your life.

The sound is delicious too. As we said, we're not used to speakers that have such a comprehensive range of frequencies in one box. And usually, if we're honest, audiophile speakers can be a bit negligent in the bass department. That's not the case here, there's plenty of everything and a great balance.

From i-fidelity.net:

For here the Epicon 2 indeed knows only one direction. It shows the typical and perfectly spatial imaging qualities of a compact loudspeaker, combined with a low-end fundament that sets a new benchmark not only in its price range or speaker size class. It absolutely requires stands of suitable height, but those don’t necessarily have to come from Dali. In any case this flawless high-end speaker definitively resents being placed on a shelf or a sideboard. And the Epicon doesn’t make ultra-high demands on the electronics, thereby lowering its purchase price and catapulting the speaker even higher in its attractivity. So high that i-fidelity.net makes the Dali Epicon 2 a reference and justifiably so!

Full review: http://www.i-fidelity.net/en/test-reports/high-end/dali-epicon-2/seite-1-testbericht-dali-epicon-2.html

Photos:

1.thumb.jpg.de73278313a207b1f115c025af932450.jpg2.thumb.jpg.7a887de99647c3b8ad4caf881473ed49.jpg3.thumb.jpg.12320b1a41402644ef3b97d7f78511c4.jpg4.thumb.jpg.25fbb2a0478f5a7f251b7e50b527a19e.jpg5.thumb.jpg.6a2d94a76bdde60e5ea56e567fbe9a1b.jpg6.thumb.jpg.749e43e85aecb21194d281561ccc5206.jpg7.thumb.jpg.11a6d372c6e372b344a13c8388e21e6c.jpg8.thumb.jpg.ac901fd1cd2ede8139a9850f8504cc67.jpg9.thumb.jpg.bf0ac275a637c5c4d364055213c7d825.jpg10.thumb.jpg.7f5b17dd92fab8421a5ae66bcce7d5dc.jpg11.thumb.jpg.4cde1fb8b38743a70c32a9ae38eccbca.jpg12.thumb.jpg.f4ce32b0c37e7ff2a02d4a742144db66.jpg13.thumb.jpg.8a4a900ce516c7c03f64e75c2899d55e.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Heard these a few months ago at @JulesOz place, fabulous sound with a massive soundstage for speakers of their size. They also look like they have just come out of the box 

• Like 1

Dynaudio C1 intimacy and immersion but with a fuller body and far easier to drive. One of best Danes out there. I'm looking for a pair myself but the timing is bad for me now. All the best with the sale and congrats to the new owner!

• Thanks 1