Recommendation on a DAP around $1000

Hi all, I was thinking of getting a DAP  say around $1000.

like everything seems to be a lot of choices .

will be used for primarily for playing either downloaded or ripped audio files and will driving either my Kef space or Gradio Gh2 headphones.

things like streaming ad tidal etc not such a big priority.

likes the looks of the FiiO M11, M11 pro or the A&K Sr15 and Sr25 - though a couple of those are bit over budget, no sure/familiar with other brands/models. 

cheers 

Basically,

Fiio will be feature rich for a lower price.

A&K will lack some features for the same or more price, but higher quality and SQ.

Have you considered the new Sony too? Should be warmest of the three, might suit you. Runs Android or a version of.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Cayin is another brand that you can look at.

If streaming is not a priority, you could also look at an older high end model from A&K, FiiO etc. I own an older FiiO DAP (X series) - no streaming etc. - gives me great sound quality and fantastic battery life

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 13/03/2021 at 4:25 PM, APOM said:

yep, just got my M11 Pro.. very enjoyable, did you make a call on which one to get?

Hiya, no not , I’ve tried a couple of times buying a s/h on the classified but missed out. Will keep looking 

Audition a few DAP's at Addicted to Audio in Subiaco when the lockdown finishes.

I have an m11 Pro you could potentially loan also if you're north of the river to see how you like it. I've upgraded and am no longer using it although it has a small chip on the screen. The Fiio m11Pro is currently IMHO the best value for money DAP in that price bracket. It also depends on your source and intended output.

1 hour ago, Dr_Kevy said:

Audition a few DAP's at Addicted to Audio in Subiaco when the lockdown finishes.

I have an m11 Pro you could potentially loan also if you're north of the river to see how you like it. I've upgraded and am no longer using it although it has a small chip on the screen. The Fiio m11Pro is currently IMHO the best value for money DAP in that price bracket. It also depends on your source and intended output.

Hiya, yes good idea , I’ve been meaning to go there and have a look n listen - maybe take my headphones with me.

thank you for the offer, I’m in Morley near galleria so not far away. 

regards Dave