Node 2i issues

JN*

Newly purchased node 2i.

Worked well for 3 days -> external DAC -> pre-amp using both Spotify and SSD into USB port.

This morning no signal to DAC but headphone out on Node 2i IS working.

Trouble shoot.... connected via working coax to DAC usually reserved for CD player.... connected via analogue RCA out direct to pre-amp 

NO SIGNAL

????

Would appreciate any help

John

You’re either in step by step trouble shooting territory for a setting you’ve accidentally altered, or factory reset territory.

I’d try a factory reset.

If still nothing - return it for replacement.

Guest dr_carl

Hey John,

Don't start thinking you made a bad buy. I've had my Node 2 for two years and I'm happy. I've had problems, yes, most of which were my fault. Major improvement in all Bluos functions came after installing a MESH network, it seems to really need bulletproof networking. After that, any glitch is fixed with a reboot.

I can vouch also that the customer service and repair/replacement service from Conway is very good. I had an issue with my Node 2i and sent it to their tech guy and he was great to chat with and got the part/issue all resolved.  I have no affiliation other than owning a Node 2i.

I also noted last week there was an update, this may have played havoc?

Another thing to check if your ext dac is not playing nice is turn the audio clock option on/off in the Node 2i settings menu...this may or may not assist but worth trying if future issues arise.

Guest thathifiguy

I would avoid using the Node's headphone output. I have found some minor glitches doing so.

For instance, when you use the headphone output, it switches from fixed output to variable out (to utilise the Node's own digital volume control), I found that transitioning back, the levels were very low and wouldn't return to normal volume until going into the audio output settings on the app.

Unsure whether or not this issue was across the board, or if it even exists anymore, but it is something I experienced.

Thanks for all the advice

Working well now - REBOOT

Sorting out album art associated with FLACS on the attached SSD

I agree the headphone output causes problems - using a dedicated headphone amp

Also have decided to use the Node's internal DAC

• Like 1