Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Ok, so my Xiaomi WEMAX One Pro ended up stuck in an firmware update loop and trying to stop that I factory reset it which totally borked the projector. Completely unusable. 

 

I believe the software issue is because it was a Chinese domestic product which the vendor hacked to add English,  a few other features + root access.  I was never able to install apps on it so used HDMI only.  I guess it was defective from the get go. On the upside it was all inside of 12 months so Amazon will be accepting a return for refund.

 

I'm now looking at the JmGO S3 as that appears to natively support English as it's an international version. It's slightly more than the WEMAX A300 though unlike the WEMAX it's not a domestic Chinese product through rather a proper international product. The software interface looks far better, and it's slightly brighter. The only downside I can see is it doesn't have 8 point positioning though it does have some adjustments.

 

Considering how much I enjoyed the WEMAX at only 1080p, I expect 4K should be stunning.

 

Does anyone here have experience with the JmGO S3? 

Edited by MattyW
Link to post
Share on other sites

Nobody? Perhaps I'm better off asking which of two projectors you would personally buy.

 

In the running is:

 

JmGO S3 - 3000 ANSI Lumens - $4,305

Fengmi 4k - 2000 ANSI Lumens - $2,938

 

Would the JmGO be worth the added expense. Help me decide guys. I'm sitting on the fence with this one, sometimes leaning towards one, then the other.  The interface of the JmGO certainly seems nicer and auto connection to active HDMI inputs is a definite plus. I believe some of the Fengmi units exhibit coil whine as well? Really the only reason the Fengmi is in the running is price. Both are 4k projectors.

Edited by MattyW
Link to post
Share on other sites

yep.. none of those listed.. get a real pj for Ht room . if wanting a tv replacement get something you can test.

 

 

looks chinese domestic to me.. not that it means its no good being chinese. just not real HT imaging.

"

Edited by hopefullguy
Link to post
Share on other sites

The JmGO S3 has an international version, there's also a domestic Chinese version. I think I'll be giving it a crack. Just need to sell off a few things first. Chinese ultra short throws are the only ones within reach price wise these days and not needing professional installation is a massive plus for me.

Edited by MattyW
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, oztheatre said:

Just don't pay that much, they are $550 us on amazon..

The S3? Do you have a link?

 

I've been looking at the S3 international version: https://www.banggood.com/International-VersionJMGO-S3-Ultra-Short-Throw-4K-Laser-Projector-3000-ANSI-Lumens-3840x2160-Resolution-Android-2GB+16GB-Beamer-2_4GHz+5GHz-WiFi-Bluetooth4_0-3D-Home-Theater-Prejector-p-1659272.html?rmmds=detail-top-buytogether-auto&cur_warehouse=HK

Edited by MattyW
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, I just encountered exactly the same problem with the WEMAX one pro and can't figure out how to fix it. How were you able to get a return for refund? Mine is also within 12 months, however I can't find any return policy saying that I will be able to do so. So frustrating not having realised that the product was already hacked! Which vendor did you buy from on Amazon?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, HLaurens said:

Hey, I just encountered exactly the same problem with the WEMAX one pro and can't figure out how to fix it. How were you able to get a return for refund? Mine is also within 12 months, however I can't find any return policy saying that I will be able to do so. So frustrating not having realised that the product was already hacked! Which vendor did you buy from on Amazon?

I dropped it off to the post office on Saturday.  Amazon has said they'll give a full refund once it's recieved back in good condition. It's in its original packaging so there should be no issues there.

 

I'll need to look up the seller from my desktop PC. My phone has issues signing into Amazon unfortunately.

 

I simply opened up my old order and opened an online chat with Amazon support.  They sorted things out promptly.  I was really interested in a replacement though they advised since they don't know the sellers stock levels they could only arrange a return for full refund. Now I get to upgrade to a better projector. Naturally I looked at the WEMAX A300 though my experience with this one has turned me off it. That and an owner has found issues with yellow and white spots developing with the A300.

 

The JmGO S3 is about $500 more on BangGood so I'm going to grab that. Videos show a much more user friendly interface with easily selectable languages which I now recognize as a pretty big deal.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/10/2020 at 12:17 PM, MattyW said:

I dropped it off to the post office on Saturday.  Amazon has said they'll give a full refund once it's recieved back in good condition. It's in its original packaging so there should be no issues there.

 

I'll need to look up the seller from my desktop PC. My phone has issues signing into Amazon unfortunately.

 

I simply opened up my old order and opened an online chat with Amazon support.  They sorted things out promptly.  I was really interested in a replacement though they advised since they don't know the sellers stock levels they could only arrange a return for full refund. Now I get to upgrade to a better projector. Naturally I looked at the WEMAX A300 though my experience with this one has turned me off it. That and an owner has found issues with yellow and white spots developing with the A300.

 

The JmGO S3 is about $500 more on BangGood so I'm going to grab that. Videos show a much more user friendly interface with easily selectable languages which I now recognize as a pretty big deal.

Not bad Amazon! I also ordered from the same vendor. I was in a full blasted panic. I ended up doing a hard factory reset (after the failed soft factory reset)- found via youtube for a different model. It actually worked and just stripped the Android and other bloatware right back to the original Chinese software. Used Google image translate to navigate - and found that there actually was an English setting. I don't use the Android at all so wasn't fussed - but on further research some people have developed Android launchers to download and install so I might have eventually been able to restore that functionality. 

The original is actually much cleaner and I prefer it to be honest! I use everything else through the PS4 so it's just a pure viewer for me. 

Heard good things about the JmGO S3! But I'm hoping by the time I upgrade...I'll have the money for the new Samsung 4K short throw, depending on how it turns out. Huge Samsung fan. 

On a side note - I've heard really bad things about Banggood. Damaged goods turning up and them refusing refunds etc. Tread carefully and best of luck!

Thanks the way for taking the time to outline how you got the refund - I'll keep it in mind for the future! Amazon must just not advertise that they will do this type of refund. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, HLaurens said:

Not bad Amazon! I also ordered from the same vendor. I was in a full blasted panic. I ended up doing a hard factory reset (after the failed soft factory reset)- found via youtube for a different model. It actually worked and just stripped the Android and other bloatware right back to the original Chinese software. Used Google image translate to navigate - and found that there actually was an English setting. I don't use the Android at all so wasn't fussed - but on further research some people have developed Android launchers to download and install so I might have eventually been able to restore that functionality. 

The original is actually much cleaner and I prefer it to be honest! I use everything else through the PS4 so it's just a pure viewer for me. 

Heard good things about the JmGO S3! But I'm hoping by the time I upgrade...I'll have the money for the new Samsung 4K short throw, depending on how it turns out. Huge Samsung fan. 

On a side note - I've heard really bad things about Banggood. Damaged goods turning up and them refusing refunds etc. Tread carefully and best of luck!

Thanks the way for taking the time to outline how you got the refund - I'll keep it in mind for the future! Amazon must just not advertise that they will do this type of refund. 

Ah bugger..... With Amazon everything is out of stock..... It's available on eBay for a further $200. eBay will be great for the initial order though unfortunately after that I'll be on my own. If only I could order on Amazon though even the WEMAX A300 is out of stock on there let alone the JmGO. I guess I could consider the VAVA 4K though for that cost I could look at the WEMAX D30 :(

 

I guess I'll buy from eBay and turn off automatic updates just in case.

 

I don't need anything other than easily selectable HDMI inputs. I'll be pairing with an nVidia Shield for the 4K AI upscaling  :D

Edited by MattyW
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Due to crazy pricing on eBay and no availability of pretty much any thing but the VAVA 4K for $5,500 I've taken a gamble on ordering the JmGO S3 via Banggood. Hopefully it works out alright. While I do feel uneasy with your feedback on Banggood, $5,500 for the VAVA 4K on Amazon or the the JmGO S3 on eBay seems a bit extortionate. With some luck it arrives undamaged. I paid via PayPal so I'll still have some recourse either way.  :)

Edited by MattyW
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MattyW said:

Due to crazy pricing on eBay and no availability of pretty much any thing but the VAVA 4K for $5,500 I've taken a gamble on ordering the JmGO S3 via Banggood. Hopefully it works out alright. While I do feel uneasy with your feedback on Banggood, $5,500 for the VAVA 4K on Amazon or the the JmGO S3 on eBay seems a bit extortionate. With some luck it arrives undamaged. I paid via PayPal so I'll still have some recourse either way.  :)

Ah the VAVA 4k ❤️ Tried to stretch my budget hard for it but no go - had to buy and install a better screen as well (converted to short throw).  I'll cross my fingers for you - I'm sure plenty of people have been lucky and had good experiences. Definitely good to have PayPal backup! And 100% no updates haha - I've learnt that lesson. 

 

Also - "I'll be pairing with an nVidia Shield for the 4K AI upscaling" awesome!

  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/10/2020 at 3:27 PM, HLaurens said:

Ah the VAVA 4k ❤️ Tried to stretch my budget hard for it but no go - had to buy and install a better screen as well (converted to short throw).  I'll cross my fingers for you - I'm sure plenty of people have been lucky and had good experiences. Definitely good to have PayPal backup! And 100% no updates haha - I've learnt that lesson. 

 

Also - "I'll be pairing with an nVidia Shield for the 4K AI upscaling" awesome!

Yeah, fingers crossed. The VAVA was just too exxy for me. I'm only running a very cheap 150" screen that set me back $180 myself. Seems fantastic at night time.

 

Most of the feedback I've read on Reddit is that most of the users who stated they never received their goods did actually end up receiving it. It's simply the long wait and lack of updates that get to people.

 

@HLaurens don't forget to update your product review of your projector on Amazon. It really is a problem and in my case I was never able to select a HDMI input again once factory reset. Made it completely unusable to me. The JmGO looks pretty fantastic in terms of the user interface which really does draw me to it, as well as native 4K. A shame it only has 2x HDMI inputs though I can work around that.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Very nice,  the projector is now marked as shipped. Now for the long wait. I don't expect tracking information will be updated,  and probably anywhere up to or even a little over a month till delivery.  I imagine BangGood is the same with Aliexpress in this respect. I've had overall rather good experiences with Aliexpress.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah great,  been reading some terrible things about Fastway/Aramex. Seems it will be a very long time until I recieve the projector after all.... I just hope they don't damage it or lose it is all.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MattyW said:

Ah great,  been reading some terrible things about Fastway/Aramex. Seems it will be a very long time until I recieve the projector after all.... I just hope they don't damage it or lose it is all.

Things are all over the place currently as everyone knows, but I just received a posted item from QLD today that was sent only two days ago!

So live in despair tempered with a dash of hope ! ?

  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, evil c said:

Things are all over the place currently as everyone knows, but I just received a posted item from QLD today that was sent only two days ago!

So live in despair tempered with a dash of hope ! ?

I just hope it arrives soon. :)

 

I jumped all in and ordered a 100" ALR PET Crystal UST screen too. Better than my current 110" white PVC screen I'm sure.

Edited by MattyW
Link to post
Share on other sites

$5500 for a chinese made no name projector... mind blown... sorry. I think you're crazy.

Sorry. $4000 on 'banggood' whatever that is. 40% off ?

 

Native 4k means nothing if it doesn't have good optics.. And it wont, I'd bet good money on that.

It's not native 4K anyway, it's a 2K DLP chipset with fast moving mirrors. cheating, but faster than what the human eye can pick up. But not native 4k at all. dont fall for the marketing bs.

 

Don't think it even does p3 colour? You could have got the newest Epson LS500 for the similar money... 

 

And this is woeful Warranty: 30-day refund or replacement - that is a complete lack of confidence in their product. 30 days... wow.. 

 

https://www.banggood.com/JmGO-S3-4K-Laser-Projector-TV-3000-LM-Full-HD-1080P-Support-3D-100-300-Inch-Smart-Home-Theatre-Projector-Chinese-Version-p-1433607.html?akmClientCountry=America&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc_ods&utm_campaign=arvin-led-sds-view-led-content&utm_content=arvin&gclid=CjwKCAjw5p_8BRBUEiwAPpJO61vzL1-vvNkhAdY0bk48xl6Ys3ovtCeqKQIHh02oiIfenQWu_73Y2hoCchEQAvD_BwE&cur_warehouse=CN

 

Features:
 
● Amlogic T968 quad-core chip for stable performance
● 2GB DDR3 + 16GB eMMC for smooth running and data storing 
● High transparency coated lens for clear image projection
● 45 degree horizontal and vertical keystone for casual placement and clear image 
● 100Mbps Ethernet for fast network connection 
● 2.4GHz + 5GHz dual-band WiFi for convenient network accession
● Create your own smart home theater
● Enjoy unbelievable HiFi sound quality
● Higher brightness and free eyes harm
● A chance to have a reunion with your family
● Remote control is powered by two AAA batteries ( not included )
 
Are there any features that actually matter there? 
A chance to have a reunion with your family. Yep cheap chinese projectors always make that happen ?
 
Sorry for sounding harsh.. but this is really needed here. I really do think this will end up as a very expensive paper weight in the end.
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

$7.500 is not similar money. It's 43% more. I already stretched the budget past what I should be spending to get this so there's just no point touting more expensive projectors to someone who can't afford it.

 

Besides you've incorrectly linked the Chinese version. I've the International version coming: https://www.banggood.com/International-VersionJMGO-S3-Ultra-Short-Throw-4K-Laser-Projector-3000-ANSI-Lumens-3840x2160-Resolution-Android-2GB+16GB-Beamer-2_4GHz+5GHz-WiFi-Bluetooth4_0-3D-Home-Theater-Prejector-p-1659272.html?rmmds=search&cur_warehouse=HK

 

Frankly I haven't even looked at the warranty. When buying Chinese it's not even a consideration unless they've a presence here in Australia.

 

Once set up this projector will not be connected to a network. No updates to bork it like the last one. Learned my lesson on that last time. I gnerally find the quality of the hardware good with plenty of Chinese gear, it's the software you have to worry about. Minimize that and there's fewer issues.

 

I'll have my nVidia Shield going direct into one input and my AVR into the other. Fibre back to the AVR for sound from the shield (I only run 5.1).

 

My only real concerns are around Aramex/Fastway delivering it. Still no updates since Monday  :(

Edited by MattyW
Link to post
Share on other sites

It's 5400 RRP mate, not 7500. and you get 3 years local warranty and support and can be had for less too.. Anyway, good luck, I think you may need it. Just hate to see people regretting purchases like this that's all.

 

The specs are the same.. And you still get A chance to have a reunion with your family :D

Link to post
Share on other sites

@MattyW I got 2 different prices when i looked, one was that $7500 or close and another was $6800 or there about.

Edited by muon*
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, muon* said:

@MattyW I got 2 different prices when i looked, one was that $7500 or close and another was $6800 or there about.

Yup, even the lower price is more than I will spend.  The JmGO S3 is still the best choice for me. Significantly less money.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MattyW said:

First price came up when I searched was $7500. Can't say I've looked further seeing as I've already something on order 

RRP with a 120 inch ALR screen is 7199.

PJ by itself has an RRP of 5499.

6500 with a 100 ALR screen.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well,  I recieved both my projector and ALR screen today.  I tried the projector with my old cheap white PVC screen and found the colours really pop compared to my previous Wemax One Pro despite being rated at 3000 ANSI lumens vs 7000 which leads me to think that they rate them differently somehow. 

 

Picture quality absolutely destroys my 70" HiSense TV let alone the old projector.  Managed to get the new screen set up and briefly tested. It's even better again!

 

Setup of the projector was an absolute snap compared to the Wemax. A really easy to use interface and it defaults to English which is great.

 

I'll spend a bit more time with it tonight after my wife goes to bed and will report back some more details  :)

Edited by MattyW
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, absolutely mind blowing.  Brighter than a TV screen and smoother movement too. Very very impressed. :)

 

A shame my phone just can't capture what's there. Such is life.

 

20201022_221835.thumb.jpg.9ffc5a43a2213ae6eba545cdc5b27ee4.jpg

 

20201022_221833.thumb.jpg.35fc6a0198987edc0e303c691e1846b5.jpg

 

20201022_221829.thumb.jpg.ba6e5157f0bb5aad909104e7398507af.jpg

 

20201022_220155.thumb.jpg.673329afc81622ed7d95b8c06ff1a3f3.jpg

 

 

Edited by MattyW
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, MattyW!

 

Thank you for detailed review!

 

I've purchased JmGO S3 as well - I'm very glad with quality and brightness of projector. Also input lag is minimal (I can't feel it at all) - so absolutely no problems playing video games (Guitar Hero for example).

 

But there are few issues:

- poor Smart TV functionality - the only app which works is Smart TV Youtube (but sometimes it hangs), all other apps are not working or not usable. I've bought Smart TV Stick, so that's not an issue, but just intersted - is it something wrong with my device, or is it common?

- top cover stopped closing on shutdown. If I manually close it - it opens on startup, so mechanism is working. I will try to reset to factory settings and won't update to most recent.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Mmm, not sure about the smart TV functions as I've used mine with an Nvidia Shield from the beginning. It automatically connects to HDMI1 on startup which I set in settings. Thankfully the lid is working on mine too.

 

I did have a brief play with the apps though decided they were not worth using. Android 6 is positively ancient and software makers just don't support it. Far better to use an nVidia Shield or Apple TV.

 

It's unfortunate your top cover has stopped working and to be honest it's something I was concerned with when purchasing mine also. That said I don't really understand why it's even necessary in the first place. No other makers bother with a top cover. Seems more about aesthetics than anything else and needlessly complicates an already excellent product.

Edited by MattyW
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/11/2020 at 7:18 PM, DartVedro said:

Hi, MattyW!

 

Thank you for detailed review!

 

I've purchased JmGO S3 as well - I'm very glad with quality and brightness of projector. Also input lag is minimal (I can't feel it at all) - so absolutely no problems playing video games (Guitar Hero for example).

 

But there are few issues:

- poor Smart TV functionality - the only app which works is Smart TV Youtube (but sometimes it hangs), all other apps are not working or not usable. I've bought Smart TV Stick, so that's not an issue, but just intersted - is it something wrong with my device, or is it common?

- top cover stopped closing on shutdown. If I manually close it - it opens on startup, so mechanism is working. I will try to reset to factory settings and won't update to most recent.

 

Just an update:

Contacted "After-sales service" - they replied very fast (just few hours). They helped me to understand that I'm just accidentally turned off "Lens switch" option (which toggles lid on start/shutdown).

So everything is good now in terms of projector (smart TV still poor).

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 6 months later...

Hi MattyW and DartVedro!

 

I'm also interested in the JMGO S3 as Bangood price right now is very tempting. I was initially considering the Xiaomi 1S but then I found MattyW's review here and is now seriously considering this UST. How was your experience on the projector after using it for several months now. Hope it's still performing well and with no issues. Appreciate having your feedback here. Thank you!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Just make sure that the S3 you're looking at is the "International" version. It's noticeably more expensive than the S3 made for the domestic Chinese market though my understanding it's not just the multiple language interface though it's also brighter. It's been a stunning performer.

 

The only weaknesses of the projector are:

 

1. Old Android version. Use something like an nVidia Shield with it.

2. Only 2x HDMI inputs though this can be worked arround with a 4K HDMI matrix switcher or by running inputs through your AVR. If my AVR had 4K inputs I'd only be using a single HDMI connection anyway.

3. The remote that came with mine would rapidly drain batteries. I ended up buying a replacement remote from eBay for the grand sum of $11 which solved the issue.

 

So it's not perfect, however it's still the best UST I've owned. Previously I had a Xiaomi WEMAX ONE which the vendor had hacked to load an English interface on. The interface was clunky and unintuitive and when an update came down it totally borked the projector. Luckily I'd purchased on Amazon and was able to return for a full refund. This is why it was so important for me to buy a projector that natively supported English and at the price point I was looking at the S3 seemed the best available. I've no idea if there's better available at this time as I haven't looked at projectors since acquiring the S3.

 

Because I don't use anything but HDMI inputs it was unnecessary to keep connected to Wi-Fi so after updating to the latest firmware I turned off Wi-Fi. Less chance of anything going wrong that way. I learned my lesson from the last projector.  :)

Edited by MattyW
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MattyW said:

Just make sure that the S3 you're looking at is the "International" version. It's noticeably more expensive than the S3 made for the domestic Chinese market though my understanding it's not just the multiple language interface though it's also brighter. It's been a stunning performer.

 

The only weaknesses of the projector are:

 

1. Old Android version. Use something like an nVidia Shield with it

2. Only 2x HDMI inputs though this can be worked arround with a 4K HDMI matrix switcher

3. The remote that came with mine would rapidly drain batteries. I ended up buying a replacement remote from eBay for the grand sum of $11 which solved the issue.

 

So it's not perfect, however it's still the best UST I've owned. Previously I had a Xiaomi WEMAX ONE which the vendor had hacked to load an English interface on. The interface was clunky and unintuitive and when an update came down it totally borked the projector. Luckily I'd purchased on Amazon and was able to return for a full refund. This is why it was so important for me to buy a projector that natively supported English and at the price point I was looking at the S3 seemed the best available. I've no idea if there's better available at this time as I haven't looked at projectors since acquiring the S3.

Hi MattyW!

 

Thanks for the quick reply! Yes I am looking at the International or Global version (I'm assuming it's the same) which is currently at US$1,699.99(AU$2,261.00) at Banggood. I plan to use my nVidia Shield or even my Xbox One S as video streaming source connected to an AV Receiver so that will address the concern on the clunky android version of the projector and the limited HDMI inputs.  Thanks again for your feedback and I might just pull the trigger on this UST Projector!

Edited by dencio105
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, dencio105 said:

Hi MattyW!

 

Thanks for the quick reply! Yes I am looking at the International or Global version (I'm assuming it's the same) which is currently at US$1,699.99(AU$2,261.00) at Banggood. I plan to use my nVidia Shield or even my Xbox One S as video streaming source connected to an AV Receiver so that will addressed the concern on the clunky android version of the projector and the limited HDMI inputs.  Thanks again for your feedback and I might just pull the trigger on this UST Projector!

 

Yeah, just set it to automatically connect to HDMI 1 upon startup. That's in the settings. It may have even had auto power on via CEC though I don't remember as I don't use that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By GentCan
      Item Condition: Very good condition Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Canberra State: ACT Payment Method: Cash, bank etc Reason for selling: NLR Further information:
      I bought this combo 4 years ago in Australia but not used in the last 2 years. They are in very good condition. Prefer local pickup due to size of screen (no box) but still have original box for Panasonic projector.
      RRP for Panasonic is still 3,240 AUD
       
      https://www.musiconstage.com.au/panasonic-pt-ae8000ez/
       
      Price is for both items.
       
      Photos:
       
      PLEASE READ
      If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item
      - if you have previously sold items and not made a donation, your advertisement may not be approved.





    • By Halfcast
      Item Condition: Perfect. Used Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Stanhope Gardens State: NSW Payment Method: Cash, EFT, PayPal Reason for selling: Upgraded Flagship model Epson Full HD projector in perfect as new condition with low usage, just 2700 hours. Still on it’s  original globe from new. Replacement globes are cheap at just 129 dollars online when required. Absolutely stunning picture quality as pictured on my 110” screen. Detailed specs are in the photos. Includes 2 sets of 3D glasses and  the wireless transmitter so you don’t need to run a HDMI Cable. Works perfectly, I’m selling because I have upgraded. RRP $3999.
       
      Photos:
       
      .
    • By manbat
      Item Condition: Mint Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition. Suburb or Town: Melbourne State: VIC Payment Method: EFT Reason for selling: Renovations Further information:
      Professional series -  Sony VPLW520ES Projector Bundle (latest software upgrade.) White.
      This is the native 4K deal professional series – all glass Sony lenses made in Japan, excellent reviews.
      Lamp time – 2200hrs (lap rated for 6000hrs) – Additional lamp also available
      https://www.techspot.com/products/projectors/sony-vpl-vw520es.122529/
      https://www.avforums.com/reviews/sony-vpl-vw520es-4k-projector-review.12100
       
      What you get (bundle costs 4 times brand new)
      1.     Sony 4K VPLW520ES Projector
      2.     Screen Technics Tab Tension 110 inch screen (electric screen with remote)– I had this made to order with extra-long lead. Great screen - no striations. Mint condition.
      3.     Blue Stream - HDMI – over Ethernet kit (HEX70B-KIT) Base and Transmitter set - https://www.blustream.com.au/ Picture perfect signal over long distances, better than HDMI.
      4.     Projector mount comes from Screen Technics model PRGUNV.
      5.     Projector extender from Screen Technics.
      6.     Spare lamp (new – additional cost negotiable)
      7.     Remotes – mint condition
       
      All purchased locally from Carlton Audio Visual CAV.  
      I am selling everything as a package. All items are mint. Pick up only.
      Serious parties only - home demonstration available.
      Strongly suggest that if purchased you get professionals to remove and reinstall at your residence.
      No boxes available – instructions and remote for projector and screen present and correct in mint condition.
       
      **If you want this posted please arrange a professional company for removal, package, and transport.
       
      Sony VPLVW520ES Reviews
      What Hi-Fi
       
      A pull-out-all-the-stops performer with future-proofing to its name
      Pros:Fantastic picture all-round, HDR support, Native 4K, Future-proofed, Solid, attractive design
      Cons:No 3D glasses, A pricey option
      Home Cinema Choice
      The selling point of the VW520ES is essentially this: it gives you both a native 4K resolution – something no other brand has yet been able/bothered to manage on a home cinema projector – together with high dynamic range (HDR) playback.
      Pros:4K pictures look amazing; HDR pictures look even more amazing; good setup flexibility; good price for what’s on offer
      Stuff TV
      A future-proofed projector with a license to thrill
      Pros:Startlingly good picture all-round, HDR and 4K, Dead simple set-up
      Cons:No 3D glasses, Still a pricey option
       
      https://www.avhub.com.au/product-reviews/sound-image/sony-vpl-vw520es-4k-av-projector-review-430128
       
      https://www.avforums.com/reviews/sony-vpl-vw520es-4k-projector-review.12100
       
      Screen - Electronic Tab Tension.
      Screen Technics
      https://screentechnics.com.au/products/roller-screens/motorised-screens/electricinema-side-tension-screen 
      110 inch tab tension extra-long lead (allows to have the screen positioned lower than usual  – remote – excellent screen free of any striations.
      Blue Stream
      HDMI – over ethernet
      Projector mount comes from ScreenTecnics model PRGUNV.
      Projector extender
       
      Photos:
       
      PLEASE READ
      If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item
      - if you have previously sold items and not made a donation, your advertisement may not be approved.








    • By Gibbsy88
      Item Condition: As new. Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Sunbury State: VIC Payment Method: Paypal plus fees, EFT, Cash. Reason for selling: Moved house and no longer have a dedicated room. Further information: Unit presents as new with only 157 hours on original lamp. Only selling as I brought a new house with no room for a theatre. Brought new on the 25/11/2018 from Rio Sound and Vision Preston VIC. Comes with original box and remote. Receipt provided. 
       
      Photos:
       
      PLEASE READ
      If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item
      - if you have previously sold items and not made a donation, your advertisement may not be approved.




    • By manbat
      Item Condition: mint Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition. Suburb or Town: Melbourne State: VIC Payment Method: EFT Reason for selling: Renovations Further information:
      Take my liver....ONO
      Still for a sale for a limited time.
      Professional series -  Sony VPLW520ES Projector Bundle (latest software upgrade.) White.
      This is the native 4K deal professional series – all glass Sony lenses made in Japan, excellent reviews.
      Lamp time – 2200hrs (lap rated for 6000hrs) – Additional lamp also available
      https://www.techspot.com/products/projectors/sony-vpl-vw520es.122529/
      https://www.avforums.com/reviews/sony-vpl-vw520es-4k-projector-review.12100
       
      What you get (bundle costs 4 times brand new)
      1.     Sony 4K VPLW520ES Projector
      2.     Screen Technics Tab Tension 110 inch screen (electric screen with remote)– I had this made to order with extra-long lead. Great screen - no striations. Mint condition.
      3.     Blue Stream - HDMI – over Ethernet kit (HEX70B-KIT) Base and Transmitter set - https://www.blustream.com.au/ Picture perfect signal over long distances, better than HDMI.
      4.     Projector mount comes from Screen Technics model PRGUNV.
      5.     Projector extender from Screen Technics.
      6.     Spare lamp (new – additional cost negotiable)
      7.     Remotes – mint condition
       
      All purchased locally from Carlton Audio Visual CAV.  
      I am selling everything as a package. All items are mint. Pick up only.
      Serious parties only - home demonstration available.
      Strongly suggest that if purchased you get professionals to remove and reinstall at your residence.
      No boxes available – instructions and remote for projector and screen present and correct in mint condition.
       
      **If you want this posted please arrange a professional company for removal, package, and transport.
       
      Sony VPLVW520ES Reviews
      What Hi-Fi
       
      A pull-out-all-the-stops performer with future-proofing to its name
      Pros:Fantastic picture all-round, HDR support, Native 4K, Future-proofed, Solid, attractive design
      Cons:No 3D glasses, A pricey option
      Home Cinema Choice
      The selling point of the VW520ES is essentially this: it gives you both a native 4K resolution – something no other brand has yet been able/bothered to manage on a home cinema projector – together with high dynamic range (HDR) playback.
      Pros:4K pictures look amazing; HDR pictures look even more amazing; good setup flexibility; good price for what’s on offer
      Stuff TV
      A future-proofed projector with a license to thrill
      Pros:Startlingly good picture all-round, HDR and 4K, Dead simple set-up
      Cons:No 3D glasses, Still a pricey option
       
      https://www.avhub.com.au/product-reviews/sound-image/sony-vpl-vw520es-4k-av-projector-review-430128
       
      https://www.avforums.com/reviews/sony-vpl-vw520es-4k-projector-review.12100
       
      Screen - Electronic Tab Tension.
      Screen Technics
      https://screentechnics.com.au/products/roller-screens/motorised-screens/electricinema-side-tension-screen 
      110 inch tab tension extra-long lead (allows to have the screen positioned lower than usual  – remote – excellent screen free of any striations.
      Blue Stream
      HDMI – over ethernet
      Projector mount comes from ScreenTecnics model PRGUNV.
      Projector extender
       
      Photos:
       
      PLEASE READ
      If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item
      - if you have previously sold items and not made a donation, your advertisement may not be approved.








×
×
  • Create New...