• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• metal beat

• mrbuzzardstubble

• Dilettanteque

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Evening Lads & greetings from a chilly West Wyalong.   Finally arrived at Mum’s place last week, on the road for 25 hours, including a 4 hour sleep in the car, and stopping every hour fo

Playing some Xmas albums:           --Geoff    

Hi All,   Some Steely Dan - Aja and Pretzel Logic.     JJ

Has anyone heard of the Irish band called: Director. Or have any of their albums? I must admit, l have never heard of them, until recently. But you know me...forever looking for new bands.

They only brought out 2 albums, 2006 & 2009. Thier first album won the Irish Music Prize for best album, We Thrive On Big Cities.

I guess you would call them Art Rock. They sound a lot like Joy Division, but on steroids (I guess that is why l like them). They also remind me of the English band: Wire.

On first cd listen. Their rhythm section is tight as..... The vocals very melodic and catchy.And when the guitars kick in, wow.

The other album is called: I'll Wait For Sound. But trying to buy their albums new is nigh imposible. Well l couldn't find any. But after a couple of months of looking. I found them both on eBay, 2nd hand. Said both in mint condition. Just had to replace the jewel case, the one l have received so far.

But this first album is a stunning album. They only had the 2 albums, then disbanded. Which is a shame, because they could have been anything. Still waiting for the 2nd album to arrive. Will post a review when l get it.

Well worth streaming if you are into this type of sound.

👌Ken

16241652425885672406005172661588.jpg

91xHoxtASnL._SS500_.jpg

David Torn - What Means Solid, Traveller? -- 1996 CD from experimental guitarist wot I yoinked from an op shop today for $1. Recognized the name from appearance on a David Sylvian album. The tracks here are kinda ambient tribal fusion with lots of shredding and processing. 

--Geoff

• Like 2

Got this on the mail Friday...

IMG_20210620_130726_HDR.jpg.f79a2359de457203ab7bb8c7bd8a8113.jpg

Enjoyed it very much on the first listen. Some hints of ELO and the Beatles in places... but that might be me...

Cheers,

Alberto

• Like 3

I play CD's every now and then and keep forgetting to post them here. I have a new bluray player which I am testing CD's on and last night the ingredients were there for a real head trip (after I watched a movie).

Started with Todd Rundgren's (TR-1) cut and paste masterpiece "No World Order" which is a real cerebral blast. This album takes me places.....

Todd Rundgren - No World Order - Amazon.com Music

Next up was another brain basher, Billy Idol's "Cyberpunk". An underrated album but maybe an acquired taste for some. It's a great recording with excellent SQ.

That Time Billy Idol Jumped to the Future With 'Cyberpunk'

I finished with the ultimate in space rock, Hawkwinds "Warrior On The Edge Of Time" Atomhenge remaster. By the end of this, my satisfied brain needed a rest and I was ready for dreamland! Spacey dreams!B|

Hawkwind Warrior on the Edge of Time (Album)- Spirit of Metal Webzine (en)

Edited by stevoz
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

Abit of Tal.  Very different from what I ever expected.   Needs more listens but it has my interest.

Tal Wilkenfeld - Love Remains

So what does Love Remains sound like? Well, imagine if Joni Mitchell, Jaco Pastorious, Phoebe Bridgers, and 2010s Steven Wilson had a love child. The album is a beautiful mix of indie rock, progressive rock, folk, and jazz, yet it still manages to retain a clear razor-sharp vision throughout its runtime.

https://www.sputnikmusic.com/review/79790/Tal-Wilkenfeld-Love-Remains/

Regards Cazzesman

tw.jpg

Edited by cazzesman

So much to love about Eric's playing and style.

This one is all brutal power and blistering 6 string skill.  

Regards Cazzesman

eg.jpg

• Like 3

I've tried a few times to email DD's label/manager/the man himself on Instagram to have this album available to stream (Tidal, Qobuz) but no dice. 

A great local DIY effort from a talented young'un

IMG_20210622_202546.png

The human octopus is at it again.   

Donati - the rhythmic 8th wonder of the world.

I do love the few vocal tracks from Jack Jones aka Irwin Thomas

Regards Cazzesman

vd.jpg

Edited by cazzesman
37 minutes ago, cazzesman said:

The human octopus is at it again.   

Donati - the rhythmic 8th wonder of the world.

I do love the few vocal tracks from Jack Jones aka Irwin Thomas

Regards Cazzesman

vd.jpg

Such a great sound from these guys. I heard it a few weeks ago but a refresh is always good.!