Currently Spinning

Buckethead - Hold Me Forever -- holy flerking schnitt this is even better than the one above. Ostensibly a eulogy to his late mother,  but in reality it's a single 28 minute shredfest (split into 6 parts that segue nicely). Imagine an 80s metal take on Hendrix's Machine Gun extended then extended some more then stretched out for a bit longer. US$2 lossless download from Bandcamp. 

--Geoff

• Like 2

12 hours ago, metal beat said:

Simple Minds - Sparkle in the Rain.   1983 original 90gm UK pressing - completely flat perfect pressing - 180gm really is a crock of phallic lead shite.

Jim and the lads last truly superb album - love this.

38687961532_6f872f209d_b.jpg

Their last great album? Nah. IMO "Once Upon A Time' is all over it.:cool: I found 'Sparkle' to be a disappointing, rather incoherent follow up to their classic, 'New Gold Dream' but that's just me.....and have you heard 'Big Music' from a few years ago? It's a real return to form.....I'd put that on before 'Sparkle' (It's the morning, I'm being opinionated again! Sorry:lol:) They are releasing a new LP 'Walk Between Worlds' in Feb next year. I'll ignore 'Acoustic' from last year.......a great band though!:thumb:

Edited by stevoz
  • Like 2

NITIN SAWHNEY -Live At Ronnie Scott's

I love a good live set - the immediacy, the raw nature of the music, not over produced. 

5a1f6d1ad0ccb_NitinSawhneyLive.thumb.jpg.76a67018fbcea7544b24042f80b120ec.jpg

COMPILETELY BATS -   Remastered, reissue 2014

Great lofi NZ Dunedin sound pop.

5a1f6fbf820c0_CompletelyBATS.thumb.jpg.f09c67267afdb3e101e17d23e0d2383d.jpg

Edited by Citroen
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Citroen said:

NITIN SAWHNEY -Live At Ronnie Scott's

I love a good live set - the immediacy, the raw nature of the music, not over produced. 

I literally have nearly everything the guy has ever done on vinyl LP already, except this.

so time you think?.......

46 minutes ago, candyflip said:

I literally have nearly everything the guy has ever done on vinyl LP already, except this.

A no brainer!

I only have his latest on vinyl, as I was into CDs when I discovered Nitin mid 90's 

Any double ups you know you need to donate to your poor Kiwi cousin? ;) 

Edited by Citroen
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Citroen said:

A no brainer!

I only have his latest on vinyl, as I was into CDs when I discovered Nitin mid 90's 

Any double ups you know you need to donate to your poor Kiwi cousin? ;) 

Haha...I would *normally*, but I really love Nitin and everything he does, and as you know, they don't come around too often.

I do sell them here at SNA from time to time, when I find them, but the last year good quality pressings from him have really dried up unfortunately. Especially since nothing has ever been pressed locally - and the exchange rate is so abysmal.  :(

1 hour ago, candyflip said:

I should just search Discogs for Human or Beyond Skin.

Edit: Actually the prices for Human seem quite reasonable...

Edited by Citroen
  • Like 1

Hi All,

Something old and something new, looks at Melbourne, one in 1974 the other in 2017, with 1974 winning out with solid rock over mediocre mood music....

R-1892358-1303745086.jpeg.jpg   R-10937426-1507014917-4511.jpeg.jpg

JJ
And i get paid for being a freak......haha Aussie classic
  • Like 1