Currently Spinning

This just arrived and is now spinning....sure we've heard 'garage rock' and we've all heard Nirvana....and we've heard combinations of both but no-one does it as good as The Vines. Fantastic sound, good pressing (ok, there is some surface noise), excellent recording and just plain brilliant music (IMHO)!!:cool: A great album! 5a1b823a313ea_TheVinesWickedNaturecover.jpg.fb0573b0c9a1b778fc65fd24d2601056.jpg (2014, Double LP, MGM)  PS: It's an actual double LP with 22 songs.....:thumb:

Edited by stevoz
  • Like 1

Interpol: Our Love To Admire (10th anniversary remaster on 180g)

Know the album well, the first guitar strumming on track one is amazing on a decent system.

Bonus: contains pictures of my in-laws on the inside cover....how did they know???? One of the nicer shots of my mother in law I've seen.

IMG_0889.JPG

IMG_0890.jpg

• Like 3

Ride - Going Blank Again - 1992 original UK Creation pressing.  classic UK shoegaze.       I fell off my chair ten minutes ago to see that Ride had released a new album in June - first in 21 years!!     don't know how I missed it, but it's now ordered.

37957029284_4c2972861b_h.jpg

Edited by metal beat
  • Like 1

Ride - Going Blank Again - 1992 original UK Creation pressing.  classic UK shoegaze.       I fell off my chair ten minutes ago to see that Ride had released a new album in June - first in 21 years!!     don't know how I missed it, but it's now ordered.

37957029284_4c2972861b_h.jpg

Big fan of the new Ride album Shane. It’s probably been a bit overshadowed by Slowdive’s album this year which is outstanding but definitely worth getting the new Ride album.
  • Like 2

a3349974504_16.jpg

lowercase noises -- The Swiss Illness -- guitar-based ambient, although processed with lots of swoops and swells and piano as well. Kinda like Stars Of The Lid in places. "Name Yer Price" lossless download from Bandcamp, but just for this week, so be quick.

--Geoff

Edited by hired goon
  • Like 3

On 11/21/2017 at 3:47 PM, Kafunis said:

Robert Plant-Carry Fire, just got this today, sounds Good !!

Rhiannon Giddens-Freedom Highway, another new one for me liking what I hear, probably need to give them both a few more spins.

IMG_3053.JPG

Thank you Kafunis for putting me on to this lovely lady.   Loving this CD and the one she did before.

Regards Cazzesman

• Like 1