Muzishare X7 Owners & Discussion Thread

Morning Folks

Wonder if any SNA own , or owned one of these tube amp? Before i ventured in to uncharted waters , interested to hear opinions from owners :)

https://www.china-hifi-audio.com/en/muzishare-tube-amplifier-c-51/muzishare-x7-kt88-x4-integrated-tube-amplifier-power-amp-mm-phono-headphone-p-1425?zenid=9ec442cffd34aef257a6a93b5ddccef1

• Thanks 1

Hi, only speaking from 2nd hand experience as you've had no 1st hand replies as yet.

.. Muzishare has been highly regarded by owners.. Comes out of the same factory as the Willsenton R8 and Line Magnetic.. Looks to be an incredible piece of Kit and if an "Identical" 25kg amp was built here, it wouldn't be cheaper than $4,000 one wouldn't think.. The Amp that outsells the X7 is the Willsenton R8. They are constantly running out of them and are on backorder again. $200 cheaper because no phono stage.. If you need a phono stage the X7 is a no brainer according to buyer satisfaction, otherwise the Willsenton R8 which can be shipped with optional KT88, 6550, or EL34 tubes so gives flexibility there.. Great you can use X7 or R8 as a dedicated power amp as well.. Good Luck. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Elekits would be great too i'd imagine coming out of Japan. (It is on a PC Board) The Japanese are too proud to build crap (they just won't). The Chinese mindset is different... They'll build it to whatever spec you want. It you want a $50 Piece of rubbish, they'll build it.. If you want the very best plated in Gold, they'll build it for $50,000. 

We live in strange times. I was reading a thread where a bloke bought a Chinese Reisong/Boyuu A10 (10 watt Single Ended El34.point to point) for $US250) for a bit of fun and was gob smacked when he plugged it in and preferred it to his usual  amp, the First Watt F7 $US 4000.($8,000 here) Truly bizarre! The Nelson Pass amp has been 'Shown the Door' I am considering buying the bigger brother Reisong A20 KT88 Single Ended 18 watts  big output trannies (17kg) Basically a power amp with volume control.. You can plug either a source into it OR your favourite preamp. Point to Point wired $600 AUD landed i think.. Then go and spend $1000 on some fancy interconnects for it LOL!!   Pic attached. 

IMG_20200901_171054.jpg

IMG_20200901_170506.jpg

Edited by bryansamui
  • Thanks 1

Thanks @bryansamui for the response ! 

Just checked this thread today and saw some responses ! 

I actually got too impatient yesterday and ordered both the muzishare x7 and Willsenton r8 from AliExpress , got a bit too crazy lately! I should stop watching YouTube reviews . 

Will compare them and see which one comes out on top 

Edited by demoiree
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, demoiree said:

Thanks @bryansamui for the response ! 

Just checked this thread today and saw some responses ! 

I actually got too impatient yesterday and ordered both the muzishare x7 and Willsenton r8 from AliExpress , got a bit too crazy lately! I should stop watching YouTube reviews . 

Will compare them and see which one comes out on top 

Wow!.. Good on you... I don't know but i'm picking they'll be the same lol... Wait until they both 'break in' before you decide.. Both great amps i'm sure.... I'm tempted to go the 'Single ended' route for fun (It's a gamble too!) Raisong A20 KT 88  18 watts. Should drive my speakers easy i think? 

• Like 1

@bryansamui 

I think they will sound quite different given that both has diff preamp tubes (6sn7 6sl7 vs 12au7 12ax7) 

Also the muzishare has rectifier tube  . 

I opted el34 for the Willsenton so kind of diff , but will try kt88 on both for comparison purposes , as x7 can only use kt88

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Wow nice one!  I too have been looking at these and wondering how they compare. I prefer the look of the muzishare(looks nicer quality) over the wilsenton but as you mentioned, the wilsenton has the option of using el34 tubes that, according to some, sound more musical or “tubey” than KT88’s. Needless to say, I am very keen to hear your impressions once the amps arrive.

Slight sidetrack, I would also LOVE to know how willsenton and muzishare sound compared to similar line magnetic amps. Also, the large Muzishare/willsenton 805/845 tube amps, how do they compare to the much raved about LM805/845 that are more than double the price??

Being able to order all these amps in 240V makes it all very tempting... 

Edited by Champtaste
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Being in Singapore, I am aware of lots of Chinese Tube amps in the market. PrimaLuna and Ayon which claim to be European Brands are "Designed in Europe" are all made in China. So bottom line is that China makes the bulk of the tube amps in the world today. And since most of these Tube amps are old designs with schematics available, the Chinese picked it up and started making Tube Gear. Some are crap and some are very good. Among the Chinese made amps, Line Magnetic is probably the best in terms of the quality and it can hold its own with western made brands. Line Magnetic was started by Ex Cayin guys who were passionate about vintage Western Electric gear. Cayin also is a HiFi company. Wilsenton and Muzishare are basically put together by people who also manufacture non musical gear. That is not a bad thing, after all a tube amp is a simple device and point to point wiring only needs a skilled pair of hands and instructions to follow. 

There are two factories that produce most of the tubes in China and since not all tubes are made equally, the lower quality ones are used for the cheaper amps. The same is for chasis and transformers. Nothing is ever discarded. It is just sold for a cheaper price and then put together and branded. Most of the people who I know that use these cheap amps, never use the stock tubes at all. Put in some good quality tubes and you will get decent sound. In my opinion it is a good way to discover tubes on the cheap as long as your expectations are in check. 

I look forward to your journey. Cheers and Enjoy the music. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 21/09/2020 at 5:55 PM, Champtaste said:

Wow nice one!  I too have been looking at these and wondering how they compare. I prefer the look of the muzishare(looks nicer quality) over the wilsenton but as you mentioned, the wilsenton has the option of using el34 tubes that, according to some, sound more musical or “tubey” than KT88’s. Needless to say, I am very keen to hear your impressions once the amps arrive

EL34 has a good midrange but many find the bass to be thin. It all boils down to the design of the Amp. If sounding Tubey means warm relaxed sound, then pre amp tube rolling will give you plenty of options. Cheers

Edited by BrownMagic
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, BrownMagic said:

Being in Singapore, I am aware of lots of Chinese Tube amps in the market. PrimaLuna and Ayon which claim to be European Brands are "Designed in Europe" are all made in China. So bottom line is that China makes the bulk of the tube amps in the world today. And since most of these Tube amps are old designs with schematics available, the Chinese picked it up and started making Tube Gear. Some are crap and some are very good. Among the Chinese made amps, Line Magnetic is probably the best in terms of the quality and it can hold its own with western made brands. Line Magnetic was started by Ex Cayin guys who were passionate about vintage Western Electric gear. Cayin also is a HiFi company. Wilsenton and Muzishare are basically put together by people who also manufacture non musical gear. That is not a bad thing, after all a tube amp is a simple device and point to point wiring only needs a skilled pair of hands and instructions to follow. 

There are two factories that produce most of the tubes in China and since not all tubes are made equally, the lower quality ones are used for the cheaper amps. The same is for chasis and transformers. Nothing is ever discarded. It is just sold for a cheaper price and then put together and branded. Most of the people who I know that use these cheap amps, never use the stock tubes at all. Put in some good quality tubes and you will get decent sound. In my opinion it is a good way to discover tubes on the cheap as long as your expectations are in check. 

I look forward to your journey. Cheers and Enjoy the music. 

Well said (BrownMagic).. Slightly off topic, but their Solid State offerings look magnificent. Spotted these 30kg Pair of Monoblocks $AUD 870. .Using Sweet sounding Toshiba Jfets..  200w per Mono into 8ohms, 400  watts into 4. Lot of Amp. If an  identical pair was made in the west, wouldn't get any change out of $20,000 I wouldn't think.

T300.jpg

T300 1.jpg

Edited by bryansamui
spelling
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just a quick update, received the x7 yesterday ! seller took awhile to dispatch(aprox 1 week) , but after dispatch fedex took 5 days to get here. 

some photos from my phone , overall the quality & feel more superior than Willsenton R8 , internal guts looks very tidy , signal tubes are  JJs(not shugang or beijing) , beautiful illuminated va meter , remote feels more quality(less noisy), even the IEC cable are thicker and more quality. 

still burning in at the moment , so not doing any serious listening / compare. 

Overall pretty impressed for the built quality alone .

20200924_131224.jpg

20200924_131343.jpg

20200924_131527.jpg

20200924_131543.jpg

20200924_131721.jpg

20200924_132015.jpg

20200924_132020.jpg

20200924_132257.jpg

20200924_132330.jpg

20200924_133642.jpg

20200924_140951.jpg

20200924_143652.jpg

Edited by demoiree
Typo
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, BLAH BLAH said:

Very nice @demoiree  thank you for the pics... that Muzishare looks the goods! 

Will wait for your evaluation of it's performance...

My pleasure ! Sure will , so far I've been quite impressed , I even tried powering my power hungry ATC scm40 , seems no problem controlling it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, BLAH BLAH said:

Very nice...?

yeah ! the vu meter is quite sexy . 

before purchasing the x7 , i was reading some chinese forums , some insider says line magnetic co-own muzishare , so you may see some commonalities between the two.

• Thanks 1

Good thread

I bought the Wilsenton R8 about 6 weeks back, they were on back order and it shipped 4 weeks ago...just waiting for the ship to arrive now, I chose sea mail as it was considerably cheaper.  Should arrive in the next week or 2 looking at the tracking.

Will keep an eye on this thread!

Cheers

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I recently aquired one of the X7's and would be interested in the followup of the X7 vs R8 comparisons. So far my impressions are good. Great dynamics and imaging but hoping it will become a little more laid back in time. Maybe 20 hrs so far on it. Any updates on this would be greatly appreciated...

• Like 1

On 17/10/2020 at 1:06 PM, Xlrg said:

I recently aquired one of the X7's and would be interested in the followup of the X7 vs R8 comparisons. So far my impressions are good. Great dynamics and imaging but hoping it will become a little more laid back in time. Maybe 20 hrs so far on it. Any updates on this would be greatly appreciated...

@Xlrg congrats! I'm loving mine too! mind you they are still burning in and I have not done full critical comparison tests , but here are my initial impressions for each:

X7

Pros

- overall Better build, volume knob etc feels good at touch, has that Luxman feel to it.

- stock tube have lower noise floor  than R8, signal tubes are Slovakia JJs

- love the dual Vu meters , easier to bias with one hand as you can turn a switch to a valve to view its current on each vu meter.

- remote control feels more luxury,  single piece of aluminium , also buttons are quieter.

- one 12ax7 voltage amplifier tube , cheaper to roll 

- has tube rectifier

- has phono-input

- switching to pre-amp mode , no background hissing

Cons

- when running stock preamp tubes , i feel it is lacking a layer of "air" on the top , but when i swapped in some NOS RCA 5963 , it makes it more holographic .

- lacking that lush mid-range boost that el34 offers , but manufacturer says X7 can take EL34 with correct bias adjustment , so will try that out later down the track.

- remote control can only change volume and mute(cannot change TR/UL or input selection) .

Stock tube(KT88 & stock JJ preamp tubes) sound signature

- UL mode powerful, great bass control , clear highs , less "air" when compared to R8 

- TL mode : mids becomes touch better and highs are more rolled off, very relaxing to the ears , great for vocals in this mode.

R8

Pros

- ability to switch between EL34 and KT88 tubes 

- remote control able to switch TR/UL , also input selection

- better mid range , possibly due to EL34

- comes in all black

- many good options on good NOS 6SL7 & 6SN7 , with good tubes I believe the R8 can sound very good.

Cons

- no memory of TR/UL selection , always default to Triode on start up

- higher noise floor than x7(stock tubes)

- stock tubes aren't that great, sound stage slightly bias to one side( stock tube not matching)

- more preamp tubes , more expensive to roll , i.e two good 6SL7 are expensive

- biasing requires two hands , i.e hold on to a toggle switch to view the bias , and another hand to turn the pot.

- no moving VU meters when music playing

- remotes not as good quality , buttons are noisy.

Stock tube(EL34 & stock chinese premap tubes ) sound signature

- UL mode:  good bass , I'm actually quite surprised that it doesn't sound too much different than the x7 when playing at moderate volume . but can start to hear it struggles when playing louder .  sound stage is more spacious and has more air than x7.

- TL mode : great mids and still can hear good transparency and nuances , overall I can say vocal sounds more pleasing than the X7 in  TL mode.

having said, all are my own humble opinions and i feel there are too many factors that can affect the sound , its really hard to compare when it is not apple to apple! Each has their own strength and I can imagine myself keeping both for sometime to come.. as they are not completely the same and has so much room to improve when you throw in some good tubes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

@demoiree thank you kind sir, you are the only source I can find comparing these two brands.  Have you tried putting the muzishare kt88’s in the willsenton? (to compare amps directly)

I think Iam going to buy either muzishare x9 (300b) or willsenton r300b, (to pair with high efficiency speakers) so I am looking for ANY indication that the muzishare brand sounds better and is worth the significant $ over willsenton. Like you, I may just have to take a chance! (On 1 not 2 unfortunately).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xlrg said:

Thanks for the detailed comparison this far. Do you have any more info on using EL34's in X7?

No worries , from the schematics the B+ voltage is around 450v, the bias for EL34 should be around 30-35ma , but it may not sound as good as it is not built for EL34. also not sure of the long terms effects on the tubes (may shorten the life of tube)  .

i'll try it one day for the sake of trying , but i wouldn't use it long term.