My Build..What do you think..

Just wanted to share these with you guys, having been a lurker for ages.. Here they are, primer gray, but usable.. Why build two cabinets when you can take six months and build 11. LOL

Feet up and listening,, sorry for the fisheye phote, it was taken on a device designed for making phone calls...

20200811_115851.jpg

2 minutes ago, SirDystic said:

Just wanted to share these with you guys, having been a lurker for ages.. Here they are, primer gray, but usable.. Why build two cabinets when you can take six months and build 11. LOL

Feet up and listening,, sorry for the fisheye phote, it was taken on a device designed for making phone calls...

20200811_115851.jpg

At least you primed. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, mwhouston said:

At least you primed. 

Yeah, still haven't decided on a color,  I don't want to take them out of action to do it anyway...?

20191111_104508.jpg

DSCN3732.JPG

Edited by Guest

@SirDystic

I think...  Bloody amazing, beautiful and very cool.

Love the Ecky Thump...  Is that a Goodies reference?

Do you have any build pics?  Some extra details would be great to read and see.

Well done mate...  Inspiration for us all.

Regards.

Ant.

• Like 1

Sure I have plenty of pictures and schematics ,, what would you like to see. ???

2 hours ago, mwhouston said:

At least you primed. 

Yeah, still haven't decided on a color,  I don't want to take them out of action to do it anyway...?

1 minute ago, SirDystic said:

Sure I have plenty of pictures and schematics ,, what would you like to see. ???

Lay the whole journey on us bit by bit.  Start at the start...

1 minute ago, acg said:

Lay the whole journey on us bit by bit.  Start at the start...

As soon as I figure out how this forum works... I sure will.. Thankyou for your interest...

12 minutes ago, STROP said:

Now you know quality audio when " Thumpmaster " is proudly displayed on the front of this build.

Awesome job, personally would leave them the same colour...?

Yes I like some of the pastel gray, that comes out on modern cars, Im thinking the same way....

DSCN3651.JPG

Very nice build! You must be a single or have a wife with lot of patience, mine goes on rampage even if a single new interconnect cable shows up at the door, so forget about any builds.

By the way, the Thumpmaster reminds me of Thumper from Dune (book) and can only imagine this would really thump the floor hard.

Is that a subwoofer on right side? You really need to start the build thread.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, SirDystic said:

Frankly, I love the current grey. They look so cool!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Peter the Greek said:

Very cool!

How'd you cut the felt? Looks very neat

Its wool felt, very soft. Masked up with tape, marked out and cut with a exacto.. And it makes a huge difference to the sound from the upper three...Does nothing for the lowers, only for aesthetics..  Thankyou.. see subwoofer same finish..

20200803_074810.jpg

17 minutes ago, :) Go Away (: said:

Very nice build! You must be a single or have a wife with lot of patience, mine goes on rampage even if a single new interconnect cable shows up at the door, so forget about any builds.

By the way, the Thumpmaster reminds me of Thumper from Dune (book) and can only imagine this would really thump the floor hard.

Is that a subwoofer on right side? You really need to start the build thread.

Ok, yes I will... It was a long journey.. Google , Ecky Thump.. and you will see...   yes Sub on the right.. but it only looks after 50hz down , so It doesn't matter really where I put it...

I like the mat grey look well done.

3 hours ago, SirDystic said:

Ok, yes I will... It was a long journey.. Google , Ecky Thump.. and you will see...   yes Sub on the right.. but it only looks after 50hz down , so It doesn't matter really where I put it...

It could make a difference where you place the sub depending on the room. Play a 50Hz or lower tone and walk around the room you will hear peaks and troughs, the volume will increase and decrease. If you place the sub in a peak this will add to the sub and you will need to eq the sub gain down

13 hours ago, Warren Jones said:

I like the mat grey look well done.

It could make a difference where you place the sub depending on the room. Play a 50Hz or lower tone and walk around the room you will hear peaks and troughs, the volume will increase and decrease. If you place the sub in a peak this will add to the sub and you will need to eq the sub gain down

Ok, Negligible difference. And as you say I just adjust the Amp to compensate...?