Black speaker grill cloth

Johnny_Boy

1 hour ago, The Rock Puppy said:

I have a vague memory of speaker cloth being sold by Soundlabs. Could be worth a look.

Yep, Soundlabs carry grille cloth material............drop Leon or James an email or go through the website.

Cheers,

Keith

4 minutes ago, crtexcnndrm99 said:

Anyone have source for the Tannoy style grille clothe (grey—cream-brown pattern)? The Soundlabs artistic stuff would cost some $150 to make grilles for this particular use case :( 

If you want an exact match it likely wont be cheap. After some extensive googling I bought some fabric from a sewing shop in the states (think Spotlight but in Pennsylvania), 20 bucks for the cloth and about 80 to ship + exchange. It was a near perfect match for the Dynaco speakers I was fixing up..  

Plain Black should be pretty easy...

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, charlie_bird said:

(think Spotlight but in Pennsylvania) 

Haha ? 

Thanks yeah I’ll have to look into it. I figure anything that’s marketed too specifically, eg for say Tannoy, is going to have a healthy mark up...

4 hours ago, Johnny_Boy said:

Looking to get some black speaker grill cloth for a AV cabinet i am constructing.

Anything in particular I should be looking for?

There is some cheap stuff from Jaycar for $17.50 for 1x1.5m, is this reasonable quality stuff?

https://www.jaycar.com.au/black-speaker-grille-cloth-1-x-1-5m/p/CF2752

I need about 3m2 total.

Cheers

I did my Monitor Audio GS60's in this and it was great stuff.

Given I was replacing black over black, I took the easy route and simply cut to size (leaving about an inch grace all round, simply staple gunned over the top of the other cloth, and trimmed the excess.

Was a hell of a lot easier than I thought it would be and helped not fluffing about removing the previous cloth.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, The Rock Puppy said:

I have a vague memory of speaker cloth being sold by Soundlabs. Could be worth a look.

I did see soundlabs grill cloth before i posted. 
It looks good, but quite expensive compared to Jaycar stuff. If i was after a colour or texture it would be Soundlabs or TheSpeakerFactory for sure. They have some lovely stuff.

Cheers

15 hours ago, muon* said:

The jaycar stuff is fine if black suits.

3 hours ago, Colin Rutter said:

I have just done a pair of modified Leak Sandwiches ("onions are alright but there's nothing like a good leek").

The Jaycar black is fine.

9 minutes ago, Batty said:

I used the Jaycar grille cloth for my Castles without problem.

Jaycar it is,

Cheers all