Amp advice to match Dali speakers

NC2020

Hi all, i have had a set of Dali Zensor 7s and an E12F sub for a while now and have been running them off a Marrantz SR5008. This has been ok and the sound quality will drop off fairly early. I have recently tested out the speakers and sub on a friends Musical Fidelity M6 and realised i have never heard the speakers properly before. The sound quality would not drop off, it just kept going beyond a level i would listen to my music at. The only downside is the Dali speakers with that amp would favour the highs and were not getting as much detail in the vocals as the Paradigm bookshelf speakers. Looking for advice on pairing the Dali speakers with an A class amp that would have warmer tones than the Musical Fidelity M6 and have an output for a sub. Looking to spend around the $2,000 mark on something second hand.

• Like 2

I use an Elekit TU-8200 with Monitor Audio RS6 speakers, simular specs to your Dali, after hearing the MF6 ,the Elikit would have warmer tones but i'm sure you would find the 8wpc lacking. the only amp in the classifieds is a Bryston B60-R, well inside your budget, reviews well on stereophile, other wise put up a wanted to buy ad and see what is offered

13 minutes ago, wen said:

I use an Elekit TU-8200 with Monitor Audio RS6 speakers, simular specs to your Dali, after hearing the MF6 ,the Elikit would have warmer tones but i'm sure you would find the 8wpc lacking. the only amp in the classifieds is a Bryston B60-R, well inside your budget, reviews well on stereophile, other wise put up a wanted to buy ad and see what is offered

With 2 KT88, I was listening with the volume at 9 o'clock, 10 max on certain recordings... 

Zensor are (were) the entry line at the many levels of Dali's speakers. I like them a lot and very few companies (maybe PAradigm!?) have so good quality for the money. 

For music on stereo the multichannel receiver is really not a good option, but below 2k there are many, including valve/tube as Elekit. For solid state amps that you can find around here, I would recommend: Hegel H200,  Yamaha A-S1000 and even the Rotel RA12, that has less power but includes an honest DAC integrated. 

The DAC in your system will make some difference in the Vocals (medium high frequencies) too.

• Like 1