WTB: Gryphon Diablo 300 Integrated Amplifier

LozzaB

Item: Gryphon Diablo 300 Integrated Amp
Price Range: 
Item Condition: Ex-demo, Used or, if a great deal, new.
Extra Info: Shipped to Perth

A new one is pushing the boat out a little, so keen to explore if anyone out there with an ex-demo or used one looking to move on. If so, I'm your man!

• 2 weeks later...

hey LozzaB.  if you were inclined to document, to any extent, your impressions of the amplifier and even the system it will be going in, i for one would be all ears.  i am dying to get involved re: Gryphon and if i only get to do it vicariously for now, that's not nothing.

cheers

Steve

Congrats on your purchase I listen to this amp one this I didn’t like was this!
when you turn the volume up you hear clicking through three speakers.

it was weird and I wasn’t going to pay 24k for that hope your one doesn’t click much.

i got in touch with gryphon as I was disappointed with this and confirmed this can happen!
anyway enjoy I sure yours will be fine

Hi, I am only 100 hours into burn-in and despite a slight metallic edge particularly on female vocals (to be expected but which is softening), the dynamics and the CONTROL are astonishing. Soundstaging is simply brilliant both width, depth, and for the first time height. I can hear height - position of each drum where Angus and Julia and the instrumentation sit in 3 dimensions. Very cliche but it is holographic. Tonality is lovely and balanced - projects very musically through the Bartok. Very hard in my experience to sit back and listen to real music from digital. Spent many years on this journey listening AT the system. Not the same. It is my end game after 41 years on this journey. It is authoritative and has a grip-like vice on the Sopras and the twin ML 210s. It is built like a brick s#@thouse and looks like Darth Vader. Yers it is very expensive but until you've heard at this level - which is a revelation and as close as I get to religion - you simply learn that you don't know what you don't know!! 

• Like 3

Hi LozzaB.  sounds incredible.  i am 100% digital so your words strike home to me.  i am a bit of a tweaker and also pretty new to audio.  so i had a nice tube amp for highs (bi-amp setup with high and low split).  i figured it couldn't possibly get much better.

when i actually brought a different amp in for highs i was amazed at the scale of change relative to my normal power cord tweaks and so on.  so it is really great to hear your description of dropping this guy in and hearing profound changes that have really achieved something for you.  gives us all hope!

i really like the way the diablo looks as well so it ticks alot of boxes that's for sure.  Rasmussen really nailed it.

thanks for sharing your thoughts after 100 hours! ?

Hi, I honestly believe the true integration that exists in modern hi-end 'integrateds' such as the Diablo 300, ML ?545, Heigel H590 etc, has reached the point they outplay quite a chunk of separates (pre and powers). The Diablo is a case in point. Anyway, just IMO, but why go for the extra cabling (power and interconnects) and space just to provide a potential future upgrade path when you can get straight to the end game in a single box. I don't and will never need more power (this thing is a beast), and the pre clearly integrates so well I would have a job better matching anything else. I auditioned the PS Audio m1200 monos and were very good with lots of control and clean projection. I would recommend these with a good pre, but, I don't think that combo is at this level. Just my opinion!

• Like 2