Roon and Tidal issue

Jram

Tidal tracks are getting errors in Roon saying ghis track is not available from Tidal. Anyone aware of how to resolve? Also. Does Roon do a better job of playing Tidal than simply playing them through Tidal?

Sometimes logging roon out of Tidal and re-entering your credentials will solve this.

sometimes it’s because a song/album has been removed from Tidal

other times its the phase of the moon, or how your hair is parted ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/08/2020 at 6:10 PM, sakabatou said:

Sometimes logging roon out of Tidal and re-entering your credentials will solve this.

sometimes it’s because a song/album has been removed from Tidal

other times its the phase of the moon, or how your hair is parted ?

It is full moon time, but the days of having enough hair to part are in the past.

It is annoying, but sometimes you might even have to search out / purchase the original release if you can  to get tracks blocked by copyright / legal disputes etc.

• Haha 1

Will be sticking with Tidal for now. I don’t have tonne of digital files or time to rip cds and catalogue. Unless I’m missing something, I get Roon will play MQA even if my dac doesn’t support it, anything else? 

Edited by Jram
On 22/08/2020 at 6:12 PM, Stereophilus said:

Check on the Tidal app if you have it.  A fair portion of the Tidal tracks unavailable in Roon are restricted by the record label.  The Tidal app gives a slightly more robust explanation for the issue of unavailability.

This .....