SOLD: FS: Velodyne DD18 - Maple - BRISBANE

SOLD
Item Condition: FAIR
Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.
Suburb or Town: Springwood
State: Queensland
Payment Method: EFT, Cash on Pickup
Reason for selling: No longer required - Surplus

Further information:   RRP $7,999 when new

Labeling the unit as 'fair' condition as it tends to require the volume to be set louder than others of the same model (I used to own 4 of these). It otherwise functions per normal. It just needs the volume turned up a little more to be as effective but still operates fine but I can't rule out it may not have any possible issues that may need tending to one day or for repair.

It's otherwise in great condition for their period and includes the full accessories kit, the built-in Texas instruments software all functions for complete/near infinite calibration combinations and presets that can tweaked individually and stored, such as volume, EQ, X-Over/HPF/LPF, phase, polarity and their exclusive 'tightness' function of servo-gain control. 

Also, if you had a DD10, 12, or 15 which operated perfectly, you could always refit your amp module into this and you have the 18-inch driver to now work with.

Price is absolute final. 

Photos:

DSC_0079.JPG

DSC_0995.JPG

DSC_0080.JPG

DSC_0081(1).JPG

DSC_0084(1).JPG

DSC_0085.JPG

@Neilsy I dont know if you know this, but if you ship the amp off to EBC electronics in the us you would get this fixed for their fixed cost repair and have it back. for $500 you'd have it sounding as good as new. this price of yours is crazy low ! these are multi thousand sub woofers... certainly yi cant think of anything remotely close for the money

if indeed someone buys this these are amazing things and you would have a pretty amazing bargain here for the money. if you want sub fixed locally velodyne also have a local appointed agent or you can lodge a tech support via their website.... you can buy new parts or have new parts fitted. 

• Like 2

Hey @betty boop

I didn't know of them - and my work does international shipping constantly so that's possibly a good option. A big thanks for the tip!

I also haven't been able to determine it is the amp, as it doesn't seem to fail in any other way.  Doesn't appear to be a physical input failed either.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Neilsy said:

Hey @betty boop

I didn't know of them - and my work does international shipping constantly so that's possibly a good option. A big thanks for the tip!

I also haven't been able to determine it is the amp, as it doesn't seem to fail in any other way.  Doesn't appear to be a physical input failed either.

its one of symptoms, see link below,

https://www.ebcelectronics.com/velodyne-repair.php

one of my subs had a symptom. shipped amp off and mine is on its way back. someone else here also has a sub amp on return. they currently are showing a 5 week turn around but with a refurb amp thats like brand spanking new a sub  as nothing else ever goes wrong with them and its just an age thing. these amps seem to last 10-15 years :D so once refurbed should be good for distance again :)

https://www.ebcelectronics.com/velodyne-dds-subwoofer-Repair-Service.html

just contact them with above for an order number 

Just now, evil c said:

I suspect the OP is in the process of re-evaluating his rash decision to sell unrepaired!,?

I hope so...seeing what the last smaller 15" went for and that wasnt even refurbed ! once refurbed it should be worth  many multiple of  $500 was meant to be going for :D 

Hi all, 
Thanks for the vast amount of interest in this - this is now sold with payment made.

It is a good deal and I am pleased to let someone else enjoy these units after using them for years. They are such a clean sound. I just transitioned to the Krix units to pair with my mains. 

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By Anthony Diamante
      Item Condition: Used Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Balwyn North or Mornington Peninsula State: VIC Payment Method: Cash , EFT other Reason for selling: NLR Further information:
       I have had this subwoofer for sometime  after purchasing it from another SNA member who had it since new.

its a brilliant sub and has served me well in a secondary theatre set up. It’s in brand new condition without a mark.

Velodyne really make wonderful subs, I have had 3 now and they are bullet proof performers and integrate seamlessly. 

I am reconfiguring my system and this is no longer required.

Shipping is fine but I don’t have the original box but could easily find one to suit.

alternatively meet up between Eastern Suburbs or Mornington Peninsula are also workable 

thanks

Manufacturers advert and specs ……

Compact design, bass you can feel
      When the drummer in a concert video takes his solo, you want to feel the vibrations as if you were standing next to the stage. And when aliens attack in your favorite sci-fi flick, you want to feel the floor shake beneath you. Velodyne's simple-yet-effective Impact 12 powered subwoofer provides your home theater with a solid foundation of bass. Yet, it's small enough to fit comfortably in a corner or under an end table where it won't get in the way.
      165 watts of built-in power
      The Impact 12's 165-watt amplifier powers a high-performance 12" front-firing woofer. Line-level and speaker-level inputs let you connect this sub to just about any home audio system. And you can fine-tune the bass output using the sub's variable crossover, to make it blend in perfectly with your main speakers.

Features
      MDP amplifiers with more dynamic headroom for high impact
      High quality, long throw drivers
      2" copper-wound voice coils
      Down-firing ports and down-firing bass radiator for more output, less distrotion
      Home Decor friendly, small cabinets
      An adjustable, high quality crossover system matches your subwoofer with your main speakers
      Auto On/Off to conserve energy
      Phase adjustment for maximized bass blend with main speakers
      Specifications
      Color Black
      Enclosure type Acoustically neutral, down-firing ported
      Frequency Response 29 Hz - 140 Hz
      Power 165 Watts
      Woofer Bass Driver Size (mm) 305 mm
      Item Sold As Single
      Subwoofer Size 12"
      Crossover Frequency 50 Hz - 200 Hz
      Phase Control 0° - 180°
      Warranty Australian Manufacture Warranty
      Dimension
      Product Dimension (H×W×D) 384 x 360 x 480 mm
      Product Weight 16.3 Kg

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item
      - if you have previously sold items and not made a donation, your advertisement may not be approved.

• By Madhawa Fernando
      Item: Velodyne cht15-r
      Price Range: $250-350
      Item Condition: used
      Extra Info: in good condition, preferably in Vic but still interested if elsewhere
      please pm

• By krusto
      Item: Velodyne SPL-800i MiniVee 8" Subwoofer (Black)
      Price: $600 with donation of course
      Item Condition: Perfect
      Reason for selling: NLR, last of my small subs
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info: Only 24 months old. This Sub is practically brand new and in Mint condition. I considered keeping this one, but alas, let someone enjoy it.
      Seriously small subwoofer that is an absolute ball tearer.  Comes with original box and shipper protective box for safe travels. Prefer a VIC sale, but happy to courier if required.

AMPLIFIER
      1000 watts RMS power
      DIMENSIONS
      Speaker dimensions (H x W x D) 27 x 26 x 33cm
      Subwoofer: 8” forward firing (6.5” piston diameter)
      GENERAL
      Magnet Structure: 5.76kg
      Frequency Response: 28-120 Hz
      High Pass Crossover: 80Hz (6 dB/octave)
      Low Pass Crossover: 40-120Hz (12 dB octave initial, 48 dB octave ultimate) or bypass with Subwoofer Direct
      Phase Control: 0 or 180 degrees
      Protection: Dynamic compression
      Weight: 16kg
      DRIVER
      8” (6.5” piston) forward firing
      2.5” dual layer voice coil
      Die-cast aluminium basket
      SIGNALSOutputs: Line-Level, high pass crossover, 80Hz, 6 dB/octave
      Inputs: Gold plated RCA Line and Speaker Level Inputs

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By Neilsy
      Item: 2 x Velodyne DD18 Subwoofers in gloss Black
      Price:  $2,250 each or  $4,200 for the pair     (Were $7,999 EACH when new (or $4,999 USD))
      Item Condition:  Excellent
      Reason for selling: No longer required or used.
      Extra Info:        Re-listing these pair of amazing subs as I do need to move them on to contribute to the home deposit and are no longer used.  
      This is really a last effort for me to move these on as they're just sitting there. . .   I cannot offer for lower to let them go due to the huge cost initially.
      And if they don't sell I may just integrate them back into my theatre with my other subs given how flexible these are with configuration.

For those who follow Velodyne closely, there's potential continued support to come in line with Audio Reference purchasing Velodyne:
      https://www.stereo.net.au/news/new-owners-and-new-life-for-velodyne-subwoofers

The Digital Drive series represent Velodyne's best subwoofer engineering for industry leading lowest THD, quoting less than 1% @ RMS (1250W). 
      The following article is a great, short summary comparing to the previous HGS18:

https://www.soundandvision.com/content/way-down-deep-iii-velodyne-dd18

With their servo-control technology which gives the ability to 'tighten' the driver resonance stiffness, these are almost impossible to beat in terms of tonal accuracy. 
      This makes them very diverse for home theatre use and the perfect company for musical lovers. 
      With a sealed enclosure, these offer great extension down to 14hz +/- 3dB, 1250W RMS / 3000W dynamic power and ofcourse their Texas Instruments built in software with fully configurable:

- 5 x customisable presets inc volume, EQ & all below settings
      - 8-band parametric EQ with variable frequency, Q and level
      - Servo-control (tightness) 1 - 8 
      - Volume, including 'Night Mode' limitation
      - HPF, inc 6 - 48db increments.
      - LPF, inc 6-48db increments.
      - Phase - in 15Hz increments.
      - Polarity 0/180 degree

With the included accessory kit which has professional microphone kit, you can visually see the response via the Subwoofer's VIDEO OUT. This was pretty leading edge for a subwoofer to have built in software when these were released.
      See the visual output more here:
      https://hometheaterhifi.com/volume_10_4/velodyne-dd-18-subwoofer-12-2003-part-1.html

Both subs will be packed in Velodyne original packaging and include original manual and full accessory kit for each and I can also throw in RS-232 cables if you want to pair them - Yes; they can daisy chain.

One unit had over $2,000 of repairs done 18 - 24 months ago - so every single piece of electronics in that unit is replaced, including amp module. 
      Both work perfectly, include remotes, accessory kit.

Freight NOT included in the price. Each box is approx 1m x 1m 65KG

I've also a DD18 in OAK I'll release for an extra $1,000 if buying the black pair as I am not sure it may not be coming into some problems. (output volume is only about half the others - so you have to double the volume level on the unit)

Feel free to PM me with any questions.

• By krusto
      Item: Velodyne Impact 12 Subwoofer
      Price: $300 ono
      Item Condition: Excellent
      Reason for selling: NLR - recently upgraded
      Extra Info: Purchased new a few years ago. Light work done in the theater room and extremely well looked after. No dings/dints/scratches 
      Brilliant 12" Sub for the price.
      I still have the original box for safe delivery. Too large/expensive to ship anywhere outside of Victoria sorry. Will use a courier for delivery. 

Photos: Advertisementwithout photos of the actual item will not be approved.

To Top