SOLD: FS: Miniwatt N3 Tube amplifier

SOLD
Item Condition: Used but fine
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is included in price.
Suburb or Town: Collingwood
State: Victoria
Payment Method: EFT, Cash on Pickup
Reason for selling: NLR

This is an amplifier.

It makes your electronic signals loud and audible.

Better yet, it's a TUBE amplifier, and everyone knows that how you get the best sound. Nobody will ever argue with you about this, it's an audiophile law or something.

Three and a half watts sounds like very little. But audio power is logarithmic, not linear, so getting a lot louder than something like this takes a LOT of power. Well, a fair bit, anyway.

It's a unassuming little cube, 13cm on a side. So simple - one input, choice of 4/6/8 Ohm speaker terminals for banana plugs. But pretty loud, despite being small and pretty. And uncomplicated. Did I mention that it's loud?

Comes with tube rings! Yes, for this tiny price you get TUBE RINGS.

Also, you get the enviable audiophile glow that attaches itself to you for simply owning an amp that both I and @Mickstuh have owned! (Or not, you decide.)

Oh yes, things others have said about both this and an earlier iteration. Don't just take my word for it!

https://darko.audio/2010/08/miniwatt-n3-integrated-tube-amplifier/

This new iteration confirms Miniwatt’s commitment to true bonsai-hifi.

https://6moons.com/audioreviews/miniwatt/miniwatt_2.html

Review of its predecessor

Selling it because I bought it as a stop-gap until my MP-301 from DrMikeOz was ready to go, as he waited for his lovingly hand-crafted amp to make its (SLOW) way across the ditch and through customs. It's here (and awesome - 6.5W! I've gone mad!), and I'm finally getting off my arse and selling this little gem.

And some photos. Warning about that last one (first one - the forum is drunk and is randomising my photo order) - it's a six-second exposure, so you won't be able to see it like that with your puny human eyes. But you CAN look at this photo of it, or print it out and sit it up in front of the amp, I guess.

Anyway, hit me up in the DMs and own this piece of audio history!

Local pickup would be preferred (Collingwood/CBD) but shipping will work if I have to (I'm lazy, and tired of packing things, we're in the process of moving), but I'm a good packer (sold bazillions of camera bodies, lenses, etc.).

XH1A4217.jpg

XH1A4507.jpg

XH1A4504.jpg

XH1A4503.jpg

Edited by mickeyjuiceman
  • Like 2