SOLD: FS: Peachtree Audio Nova

SOLD
Item Condition: Very good used condition
Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost.
Suburb or Town: Canberra
State: Australian Capital Territory
Payment Method: Paypal, EFT, or Cash on Pickup
Reason for selling: NLR

Further information:  This Peachtree Nova is in very good used condition with no visible marks or scratches, and is a very versatile piece of kit : a valve and solid-state preamplifier, a headphone amplifier, 80 watts of power amplification at less than 1% distortion into 6 ohms (from the manual) and a high-quality DAC, all in a single, art deco-style enclosure with a swish wooden surround in a Cherry finish. It comes with the remote control (which I purchased new in February this year as the original had a rubberised coating that got a bit too sticky), power cord, manual and original double boxes. I'm a bit of a fan of the Peachtree Audio design philosophy and also have a Peachtree Nova 220SE which I'll continue to use for now!

Remove a panel on the rear of the enclosure and you have an aperture into which you can slot a Sonos ZonePlayer maybe (though I've never tried).

One of the Nova's most unusual features is a switch on its remote control, labeled 'TUBE'. When you use the Nova as an integrated amplifier, preamp, or as a headphone amplifier, you can use this switch to choose between a solid-state or a Class A valve-based input stage.

If you select the latter, a blue LED illuminates the valve-viewing window in the front panel of the Nova. The valve in question is a Russian-made 6922 triode.

The Nova's preamp section has both variable and fixed-level outputs (with the fixed outputs being driven only by solid-state circuitry), making it easy to use the Nova to drive an outboard power amplifier or subwoofer, if you so desire.

There is also an AV bypass facility, whereby the Nova can be connected to an AV processor and simply used to drive the front, left and right channels for improved sound quality.

You can also use the Nova as a standalone headphone amplifier. When you plug your headphones into the relevant socket, the speakers are effectively automatically muted when the Class A/B power amplifier stage disengages.

The Nova can also be used as a 24-bit/96kHz standalone DAC. The D/A stage employs an ESS 9006 Sabre chip with a patented jitter-reduction circuit and a 24/96 upsampling processor.

The DAC is powered by 11 regulated supplies and each digital input uses transformer coupling to avoid being overly affected by noise from imperfect earthing arrangements and switched-mode power supplies.

The USB input, which only operates at 16/44.1 and 16/48, is galvanically isolated to eliminate computer power supply noise that frequently travels along the USB ground plane and provokes jitter. The DAC offers two filter slopes, 'Slow' and 'Sharp', that can be selected by a rear panel switch. Peachtree says that 'Sharp' gives better laboratory results, but many audiophiles may prefer the 'Slow' setting. The switch is designed primarily to take the harsh edge off heavily compressed digital signals. That it is relegated to the rear panel suggests an element of 'set it and forget it' rather than it being designed for constant use.

Photos:

DSC_0279.jpeg

DSC_0280.jpeg

DSC_0281.jpeg

DSC_0282.jpeg

P1010005.jpeg

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By Zim
      Item Condition: Lightly Used Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Sydney CBD State: NSW Payment Method: PayPal, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: Upgraded Further information: Selling this Topping combo set of the L30 amp, D10S DAC, and TCR2-10 RCA Cable. All bought in July this year, with the amp and DAC bought from Addicted 2 Audio so they are bought locally and well within local warranty. The L30 has none of the old issues that plagued the early batches of L30s. Lightly used as I soon upgraded after obtaining this combo.

PLEASE READ
      If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved You understand that upon successful sale of your item it is expected you pay Seller's Fees.
      - if you have previously sold items and not made a contribution, your advertisement may not be approved.

• By Neilsy
      Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Oxley, Brisbane State: QLD Payment Method: EFT, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: No longer required *Price drop!* Looking to move this on.   Further information:
       Have now completed my full conversion to QSC DCA amp stack so I no longer require this piece of mastery from Anthem.

Anthem M1 Statement. 
      1RU Monoblock amp that has rack ears. 

Highly capable:
      1,000w @ 8-ohm
      2,000w @ 4-ohm
      2,400w @ 3-ohm!!

10amp inlet, XLR or RCA input, IR trigger for auto on/off 

I purchased new around 2018.
      These are somewhere north of $5K RRP new but apparently recently discontinued.
      100% working, I deinstalled only a few months ago.

One unit.  

• By The One Demon
      Hey guys, in a few months I'll be looking at probably upgrading my S.M.S.L DAC/Amp (DAC is the SU-8, Amp is the SP200) stack to maybe a single DAC/Headphone Amp combo.. 

I'm wanting one that is better performing that is a USB headphone amp/ DAC in one possibly, with XLR output because it will also be used as a DAC for my speakers. 

Are there any that have a LFE out? (Whether that be XLR or RCA I'm not too concerned)

Budget is preferably around $1,000.

Cheers!
    • By MOOV
      Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: Albany State: WA Payment Method: EFT / Cash / Paypal Reason for selling: Upgraded Further information:
      Gieseler Klein ll DAC is for sale as I am upgrading. It's one of the best DAC which punches above the DAC which is 2 - 3 times price...immediate impact on music and listening pleasure, greater clarity. It's time for the DAC to move on to it's next host.

It comes with remote and power supply, is in an excellent condition apart from a minor scratch near the USB - see first photo.

It also supports DSD format, three input version DAC (USB,Coaxial,S/PDIF)

From smoke free home..hassle free use..It will be packed safely if it needs posted. Price includes express post with tracking.

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved You understand that upon successful sale of your item it is expected you pay Seller's Fees.
      - if you have previously sold items and not made a contribution, your advertisement may not be approved.

• By cooper9797
      Item Condition: Very Good Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Clayton State: VIC Payment Method: Cash, PayPal (extra 3%) Reason for selling: Further information:

SMSL DA8s Stereo Amplifier for sale 

Switched to active speakers so looking to let this go. Works flawlessly with no issues whatsoever. 

Specification:
      Inputs:XLR , RCA , BT
      THD N :0.008%
      SNR :90dB
      Channel separation :88dB
      Output Power :80Wx2(4Ω) / 40Wx2(8Ω)
      Power Consumption :35W(Normal Volume)
      Standby power :Size:185x40x125mm (WxHxD)

Stereo Amplifier, Power Amplifier, Integrated Amplifier, Speaker Amplifier

Photos:

PLEASE READ

To Top