Just received this offer when checking my facebook today. On my phone it says Tidal HiFi $4 for 3 months, so my understanding is that instead of paying $72 you only pay $4. Probably for those who want to try out Tidal. T&Cs apply as usual so do check them.

*Offer for new users only.  Not available in all regions. Total discount varies per region and depends on the plan you choose. Your TIDAL subscription will begin immediately, and your payment method will be charged the promotional amount. After the promotional period expires, your subscription will automatically renew at the standard monthly rate for your region and chosen plan.

image.png.96055db9309762b7eba07972b29563ab.png

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I signed up to the $4 plan, 

Hifi sounds great. 

I'm not a fan of MQA for various reasons. 

IMO, the Spotify app is much better than Tidal's.

Spotify also seems to make more on point song and artist recommendations.

Maybe one day Spotify will stream lossless. 

Edited by musicbee
  • Like 2
17 hours ago, musicbee said:

I signed up to the $4 plan, 

Hifi sounds great. 

I'm not a fan of MQA for various reasons. 

IMO, the Spotify app is much better than Tidal's.

Spotify also seems to make more on point song and artist recommendations.

Maybe one day Spotify will stream lossless. 

At highest streaming quality I cannot blind-test tell the difference between the two, but my experience is similar to yours: Spotify app is more responsive and reliable on all platforms, has more features, and the recommendations match my taste more. 

On 23/06/2020 at 12:37 PM, ethro said:

Seems like a very good deal!

For those who have devices that may not support TIDAL, Deezer also has a deal for 25% off the HiFi plan (FLAC/CD Quality) if you go in with a "Sonos referral".

In reality anyone can do it, which I have:

https://www.deezer.com/en/offers/?referer=sonos 

thanks ethro, I took up this Deezer offer. I have been using Tidal but prefer the Deezer playlists....they have a nice mix of classics and quirky....maybe its the French influence. Hifi Sound quality is great too. Enjoying the Mystical playlist at the minute....nice reggae.

On 23/06/2020 at 2:37 PM, ethro said:

Seems like a very good deal!

For those who have devices that may not support TIDAL, Deezer also has a deal for 25% off the HiFi plan (FLAC/CD Quality) if you go in with a "Sonos referral".

In reality anyone can do it, which I have:

https://www.deezer.com/en/offers/?referer=sonos 

Are you happy with the sound from Deezer? 
A few articles and friends told me they prefer Tidals SQ? 
I’m curious, because I really don’t want to support MQA. 

9 hours ago, musicbee said:

Are you happy with the sound from Deezer? 
A few articles and friends told me they prefer Tidals SQ? 
I’m curious, because I really don’t want to support MQA. 

I'm happy with the sound from Deezer but that being said, i have never used Tidal so can't give a direct comparison against it.

I have various albums in 24/96 and higher but to be honest once it goes past 16/44 i'm not sure I can pick the difference.

The Deezer SQ is definitely a step up from Spotify (which was as expected) though I find that the suggestions/playlists/interface/integration in Spotify is better than Deezer (although it is getting better the more I use it). From various other comments I've seen, people say the same about Spotify vs Tidal as well so that could be a moot point.

I'm pretty sure you get the 1st month free on Deezer so my suggestion would be try Tidal for $4 and Deezer for a month (free) and see what you prefer. worst case is you spent $4 which seems a pretty reasonable way to work it out!

Cheers

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Robertoh
      Hi all
      The following comes from someone who really knows zilch about streaming or DAB+, so please pardon my ignorance...  I don't have any streaming service accounts; have never used iTunes, Google Play Music, Spotify, Tidal or similar; and about the closest I get to those is the ABC Listen smartphone app when commuting (which happens less since COVID-19), so I am truly a late adopter!   

I am torn between continuing to patiently look for a classic '70s AM/FM tuner in good condition (preferrably a Sansui or similar quality to partner my much-loved Sansui Au-4900 amp), or recognising that there isn't a lot of decent FM radio content these days anyway, so maybe I should step forward five decades to try streaming and/or DAB+.   Most of my music is on LPs or CDs, so it's not as though I have a big exisiting digital music library to access.

I have a soft spot for Rotel, so when I noticed the Rotel T14 I thought just maybe I had found a "curmudgeon crossover" device that might enable me to overcome my lethargy and step into streaming.  But there seem to be very few reviews around of the T14, so I'm wondering whether it is a bit of a technological dead-end, and I'd be better off sticking with a cheaper, uglier plastic FM/DAB+ radio and/or simpler streamer plugged into Aux input of the amp....

From what I can interpret from the T14 product specifications and manual, it has no digital inputs, so the built-in Texas Instruments DAC can be used only for the DAB+ and streamed sources, and can't be used to improve other digital sources such as computer, USB, smartphone or Bluetooth source, so I guess I have to look to something else such as a standalone DAC if I want to use those sources...

Just trying to keep the device clutter and $ spend under control, given by my standards the T14 is not cheap at well over $1K.

Cheers, Rob
    • By Sander H.
      Item Condition: Used (As New) Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Perth (NOR; Westminster 6061) State: WA Payment Method: Paypal, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: High-end ROON Music Streaming Server with 1TB SSD internal music storage!

Built completely without ANY moving parts (NO fans) from brand new components, which means it is absolutely, completely, 100% silent. The gorgeous housing is basically one big heat sink for the processor. In other words: no need to hide this rather handsome server in a hall closet.

Identical to the ROON Nucleus server w.r.t its internal components and software, but with better specs and for a much friendlier price! All you need is a ROON suscription and a DAC to play music. Quite a bargain for serious music lovers.

This stylish server has a more powerful processor (Core i5), more memory (8GB) and more storage (240GB) than the ROON Nucleus (Core i3/4GB/64GB).

Contains an Intel NUC with 8th Gen Core i5 processor with 8GB RAM and a 240GB SSD. ROON ROCK OS has been installed on it, so all you have to do is connect to your network using a network cable and off you go! It has a built-in 1TB (1000GB) SSD for storing music files, so you don't even need to own a NAS.

Original power adapter (90W) is included.

Specifications:
      - 8th Gen Intel Core i5 (4 cores, 8 threads)
      - 8GB DDR4 2400MHz (1 SO-DIMM, 1 extra slot available, max. 32GB)
      - 240GB SSD (boot/database/Roon)
      - 1000GB SSD (music files)
      - Gigabit Ethernet LAN
      - Thunderbolt 3
      - 4x USB
      - 1x HDMI
      - 90W Power Adapter

Wifi is optional (NOT included). Unfortunately, ROON doesn't really support WiFi. If you really need a WiFi connection, you might consider connecting the ROON server with an Ethernet cable to a WiFi Extender. Please note that this is an untested solution so your mileage may vary (as they say).

ROON subscription is not included.

Shipping Australia-wide is available, but may take some time and I'm not sure about the cost. Pick up in Perth (NOR) is preferred (that way you can see it in action).

Dimensions: (W x D x H) 11.35 x 9.5 x 25 cm; 2.72 Kilograms.

• By deannepal
      I am a new user to Tidal and want to know if you can search for and then stream music of specific quality via the phone App or via any other control device.

For example only music of "HiFi" or "High" quality. I have an account that allows me to stream MQA etc.

I  understand you can select an upper limit for streaming via Wifi or Cellular and search for only MQA  quality music but could you search for only CD quality music (HiFi) or 320kbps (High) and then stream it only at this quality.

On some playlists that have been automatically created by Tidal the music quality has been from MQA all the way down to Normal which is thin sounding and I would prefer to be able to filter it out automatically or set a lower cut off level for the quality.

I believe Tidal will also down-sample music to your upper limit that you have set when streaming. i.e. streaming MQA or HiFi quality with streaming quality set to "High" would down sample it to compressed 320kbps MP3 when wanting to save data and/or using inferior ear-buds etc.

Thanks in advance,

Dean
    • By Jventer
      Since 2010 I have been on a journey to move to "computer audio" - and it is an exciting and evolving process.  
      Many of us - in this hobby - are always exploring what is happening and looking on how we can improve our rigs or get into different ways to play our music hence multi channel and high res. 
      Anyway
      Dr. AIX or shall I say Mark Waldrep is running his second kickstarter campaign to publish his second book on these matters.
      I have supported his first project and am also supporting his second project.  Opinions aside if you are interested in these areas there are a lot to learn from his  research and his work.
      More info here: 

• By Ciwi
      Item Condition: Excellent condition Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Marsfield State: New South Wales Payment Method: Paypal, EFT, Cash on pickup Reason for selling: Upgrading Further information:
      About to upgrade so no longer used - I am selling my NAD c368 integrated amplifier with MDC blueOS module which is in excellent condition(almost new as it has been hardly used since purchased - been looking at upgrades ) as can be seen in the photo. Original packaging and items as per photos.

Great sounding amp which gave me the upgrade bug - It has versatile connections wifi, Ethernet, Bluetooth connection. Can also play all the common the music streaming services like Spotify and tidal etc. Note : no airplay on this MDC blueOS but can be upgraded easily. This can cast to Bluetooth or control the BluOS player from your mobile apps. Awesome sound quality and lots of power. Lots of features like home theatre bypass etc. Check out the reviews online.

Key Features
          80W x 2 Continuous power into 8 or 4 Ohms
          Bluetooth A2DP with aptX supported
          MM Phono input
          Analogue line inputs
          SPDIF coax and optical inputs
          Speaker A, Speaker B
          Stereo or Bridge mode configuration
          Preamp/Subwoofer out
          Headphone amplifier
          MDC Slots for future upgrades
          IR Remote
          Smartphone Control App
          12V Trigger in/out
          IR in/out
          RS-232 Serial port for control
          Control4, Crestron, RTI, URC, AMX, Savant, Elan certified

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved