Sony TC-765 3 motor 3 head

Hi Gents

Saw some really interesting information in another old thread on the same machine. . I’m in Perth and have exactly the same machine, bought it in 1992, but as it’s been in storage for  a quite a few years I found it badly damaged. The reel holders had cracked, brakes shot, insides all clogged up, etc etc.  Over the last year, with the help of a local 3D printer to replicate the reel holder and lots of time, cleaning fluid, isopropyl alcohol and white lithium grease , have now put everything right and its working really well - except for intermittent playback on the right channel. The VU meters show recording is  good and through earphones the input sound great, I have carefully resoldered all the wiring to the heads as it had come apart,  so I don't think it’s that, I have ensured that the alignment of heads is bang on, cleaned and demagnetised the heads . The erase head works fine. The recording volume is a little low despite the vu meters set at max, but the intermittent right channel problem continues. Have I damaged the head, anyone know of an old machine going begging I can get my hands on for spare parts? Is there an old Techie in Perth who might fix this for me??

Here's some pics - thanks in advance 

George 

IMG_9242.jpg

IMG_2814.jpg

IMG_2814.jpg

IMG_9242.jpg