QOBUZ in OZ--guidance please in simple steps

1 hour ago, Tobes said:

The other option would be to change to a monthly subscription until you see which way the wind blows.

26 minutes ago, BugPowderDust said:

Just change to month to month payment. 

Thought of this, I would say it wont be an issue to switch my annual sub over.  Any difference in annual fee from USD to AUD i'd just pay but I cant see there being any refunds, a quick bit of math shows the US annual sub a few bucks infront of the AU sub.  Im more interested in the catalog though so for now i'll leave it as a US subscription and see what feedback on the aussie version is then switch.

• Like 1
  • Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tweeted to Qobuz about their lack of service in Australia. Their reply was:    https://twitter.com/qobuz/status/1300821370817871872?s=20     Lets hope by Christmas (or s

Well I had a qobuz account which I set up ages ago, I think on the French site, then decided I didn't want to jump through the DNS hoops to buy a subscription. The account allowed me to sign in b

On a similar tack, my Tidal subscription renews on 16/04.

I've synced my Favorites and playlists, as best as possible, in Qobuz using Soundiiz.

Can't see myself continuing with both services and Qobuz suits my listening preferences better - even though there is presently a small amount of my favorited content missing. 

Not an MQA fan either and would rather support a service providing genuine open source Hi-res.

Will be pulling the pin on Tidal before the renewal date - its been a good reliable service so hope Qobuz works out the same.   

• Like 3

Really interested in how they will market here in Australia and to which target audience. I would have thought they would at least have some offical presence here on SNA even prior to slated release. I am itching to move away from tidal and qobuz looks to be my next step. Or if Amazon HD ever comes here to aus. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, noddyc43 said:

Really interested in how they will market here in Australia and to which target audience. I would have thought they would at least have some offical presence here on SNA even prior to slated release. I am itching to move away from tidal and qobuz looks to be my next step. Or if Amazon HD ever comes here to aus. 

It really feels like they don't have a great marketing strategy or any strategy at all for that matter.

I'm itching to move away from tidal too and will give qobuz a go for sure, but it does annoy me that they just don't seem to care (and it annoys me more that I will still give them a go despite this…)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, sir sanders zingmore said:

It really feels like they don't have a great marketing strategy or any strategy at all for that matter.

I'm itching to move away from tidal too and will give qobuz a go for sure, but it does annoy me that they just don't seem to care (and it annoys me more that I will still give them a go despite this…)

Ah it all sounds so very French doesn’t it ?

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, Ray H said:

Ah it all sounds so very French doesn’t it ?

N'est-ce pas?

9 hours ago, sir sanders zingmore said:

Yeah I wonder if they already know they may have keen interest and buy in from the "audio enthusiast" group like the SNAers from the get go and may target the wider general audience with the existence of the family plans from the start?

I wonder if they will go big fanfare release next week or low-key?

• Administrators

Let's not allow this to turn this into a Qobuz-hate thread. I don't think that benefits anyone when this will likely all be forgotten in less than a week?

• Like 3
46 minutes ago, Marc said:

Let's not allow this to turn this into a Qobuz-hate thread. I don't think that benefits anyone when this will likely all be forgotten in less than a week?

Agree Marc. While I was expressing frustration at marketing, I am really looking forward to getting my hands on qobuz and will very happily give them my money if it’s as good as I expect it to be. 

• Thanks 1

Does anyone want to try a library comparison for Australia vs USA on launch? 

we could use Soundiiz to convert a big playlist from Spotify or similar and compare the hit rates on the USA and Australian instances of Qobuz. 

it might be handy to help people understand if moving away from an international instance is a good idea or not.

• Like 1
  • Administrators

I'm online with an Australian account now. Happy to check for any particular titles and versions.

• Like 1

@Marc I was thinking of pushing a few very big playlists to qobuz in Australia and the USA using soundiiz and looking for holes that way.

Do you have any large playlists in Spotify or similar? I’ve got one that’s about 24 hours long I can send you to try.

• Administrators

Oh now you mention it, let me try the StereoNET Spotify Playlist.

• Administrators

There goes that idea. "The Qobuz API is currently down. Please try again later."

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Marc said:

I'm online with an Australian account now.

Now that is music to my ears (not even hi-res)! I say this as the OP...

One waits with bated breath--poised to subscribe.

Thanks again to all interested parties who originally tried to simplify things for me. 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, doogie44 said:

Thanks again to all interested parties who originally tried to simplify things for me.

He says, on page 8 of the thread. ?

I suggest you guys go try registering again now. I have just filled in the registration form and subscribed.... currently a happy camper streaming through the desktop app.

• Like 2

I was able to signup for Qobuz successfully.

My next step was to sign into Soundiiz so I could transfer my favourites from Tidal to Qobuz, unfortunately that is when I experienced issues when trying to connect Qobuz from within the Soundiiz app, a blue banner message was at top of Soundiiz screen saying something to the effect that "Qobuz is working on its API app, try again later in the week", never saw the message again (regret not making a screen shot now).  

So, from within Soundiiz, unable to connect to Qobuz, thought Tidal and Spotify connections are fine.

Is anyone else experiencing issues connecting to Qobuz from within the Soundiiz app, or is it just me?

alrighty, tried a few other things like removing cookies for Qobuz and Soundiiz, could not get the error message.

tried the same again, though this time using VPN to the US, and got the blue banner error message ?‍♂️.

Screen Shot 2021-04-13 at 1.40.05 am.png

4 minutes ago, Duke40 said:

I was able to signup for Qobuz successfully.

My next step was to sign into Soundiiz so I could transfer my favourites from Tidal to Qobuz, unfortunately that is when I experienced issues when trying to connect Qobuz from within the Soundiiz app, a blue banner message was at top of Soundiiz screen saying something to the effect that "Qobuz is working on its API app, try again later in the week", never saw the message again (regret not making a screen shot now).  

So, from within Soundiiz, unable to connect to Qobuz, thought Tidal and Spotify connections are fine.

Is anyone else experiencing issues connecting to Qobuz from within the Soundiiz app, or is it just me?

I think that's consistent with what Marc posted above.

So far, I can say I'm a little disappointed. Qobuz's library doesn't have a number of songs I manually searched for that were in my Deezer library.

• Thanks 1
19 minutes ago, zeffy said:

I think that's consistent with what Marc posted above.

So far, I can say I'm a little disappointed. Qobuz's library doesn't have a number of songs I manually searched for that were in my Deezer library.

Thanks for that ... I forgot Marc mentioning this API error (and I did not connect it to be from within Soundiiz,  too late night ?). 

Signed up from NZ this morning.  First month as free trial. Looking forward to comparing with Tidal. Price alone is compelling enough to switch. 

Signing up in OZ to Premier was a success.

Google Play says Android App not available in this country. I've not tried downloading rhe IOS app  or logging into Quobuz on Auralic Aries yet.

• Like 1

Update. Quobuz is available in iOS app store and login to Auralic with Oz account a success.

Happy listening everyone

Edited by Niktech
  • Like 2

Signed up last night too. It took a while for the Roon integration to start working but fine this morning:

image.thumb.png.b0328d0d43d1276f11bd5d1b141b6eb9.png

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Telecine said:

Signed up last night too. It took a while for the Roon integration to start working but fine this morning:

image.thumb.png.b0328d0d43d1276f11bd5d1b141b6eb9.png

Yep, checked again this morning and Roon now syncing and showing Qobuz titles.

Maybe we're getting close to the official launch date(?).

Now just need that extra Hi-res content to kick in. 

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, Tobes said:

Yep, checked again this morning and Roon now syncing and showing Qobuz titles.

Maybe we're getting close to the official launch date(?).

Now just need that extra Hi-res content to kick in. 

I think it is available, I am not an experienced Qobuz user but this seems to suggest that the Hi Res content is available:

image.thumb.png.a505ad76ab9c6b60322ed92c9147aea0.png

2 hours ago, Niktech said:

Signing up in OZ to Premier was a success.

Google Play says Android App not available in this country. I've not tried downloading rhe IOS app  or logging into Quobuz on Auralic Aries yet.

just checked google play, seems its still not there for android, im sure by EoD it will be though...

19 minutes ago, Telecine said:

I think it is available, I am not an experienced Qobuz user but this seems to suggest that the Hi Res content is available:

image.thumb.png.a505ad76ab9c6b60322ed92c9147aea0.png

That playlist only plays in CD quality for me (Qobuz AU signup).

Some 24/192 is available, but not much popular music.

Are you using a Qobuz AU account and, if so, are you getting 24/192 from that playlist?

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, Tobes said:

That playlist only plays in CD quality for me (Qobuz AU signup).

Some 24/192 is available, but not much popular music.

Are you using a Qobuz AU account and, if so, are you getting 24/192 from that playlist?

Good point. I am not getting 24/192, just 16/44:

image.png.630ce70b1e09f35dcf55f6c885411f0d.png

• Administrators

Continued here: