AFTER MARKET REMOTE

36 minutes ago, datto6872 said:

Thanks heaps guys , can I set it up with our ageing ( approx. 12 years old ) Dell laptop running Windows 7 or do I need something a bit more up to date and if it is ok is that all I need ? , Cheers Daryl . 

Yes, it works with Win 7. It comes with a USB cable and you will need to download the MyHarmony software from here.  After it is installed and running, you will need to register as a new user.  In Devices, add a new one, the Meridian 508.24 is already in the database.   You can use as it is.  But the real power is to set up new Activities and do some fancy things, but will not cover it now until you are up and running...

55 minutes ago, datto6872 said:

Thanks heaps guys , can I set it up with our ageing ( approx. 12 years old ) Dell laptop running Windows 7 or do I need something a bit more up to date and if it is ok is that all I need ? , Cheers Daryl . 

I still use 2 different logitech remote setup software products on my old Win 7 PC, so you should be fine.

I have been using a Logitech Harmony one for over 10 years now and is a great unit and very easy set up. You can set up activities so all your components will turn on and switch to the right mode by just pressing one button I even bought one for my not so tech savvy mum makes life a breeze for her. This site http://www.iconharmony.com/icons/home has premade icons for most Logitech remotes and you can add to your remote and use as a button on touch screens.

1 hour ago, datto6872 said:

Sounds like Logitech is the way to go , thanks once again for the advice and comments , much appreciated . Will purchase one soon and by the sound of it should be a good move . Cheers guys and enjoy the tunes , Daryl .

The 650 is the bee's knees!  :thumb:

I asked for one for Christmas; I downloaded 'Sony TV' code - and now I use:

• the volume '+' and '-' buttons and '<' and '>' buttons to control volume and balance on my 8-channel volume control
  • and buttons '1' to '4' to select 1 of 4 stored configs on my miniDSP.

Andy