My daughter bought this on bluray the minute it was released... forced me to watch it saying it’s a dark comedy with a thriller theme.....  Then this week it won all these awards in Tinseltown.    

Some consider this one of the best picture for 2010/2020,  brilliantly filmed.... without spoiling it you need to see this film and decide for yourself....  i was watching the series “The Expanse ” and then saw this,  not sure I’d enjoy this as much as I enjoy “The Expanse”.    There one thing I won’t do, and that is never bite the hand that feeds you!   Clearly karma comes back with revenge if you’re not careful..

• Like 2

I caught on blu-ray

81+2aRq2gVL._SL1500_.jpg

there are a lot off things left wondering about in the movie....even the cover image used for the movie ... why are peoples eyes blanked out ... dont need to answer if gives away the movie ...ok to leave me wondering :D

It reminds me of slum dog millionaire for some aspects... a class and injustice with folks at two ends. interesting how rambles along and things jsut fall apart bad to worse ! Interestingly done even the ending...some themes how folk accept their lot in life and oblivious to things and yet dont accept :D interesting ! 

not watched a lot of korean films, but enjoyed this... if can be enjoyed :D id rate the movie  7.5/10

it is filmed beautifully ! id rate picture 8/10, audio is not really a big feature of this film but adds well in music sounds effects and things so id rate  7.5/10.

I wouldnt personally buy the disc unless a huge favourite of it or genre. probably one to stream... if can... not really that viable an option in australia unless buying outright through fetch or apple movies or something.

some screen shots to capture the excellent scenes from this movie. 

0I9A8204.jpeg

0I9A8205.jpeg

0I9A8209.jpeg

0I9A8206.jpeg

I loved it at the Cinema and now own the BluRay. Was a little disappointed that it beat out Joker for best film at Oscars, but apart from that am not surprised it has done so well.

At least 1917 didnt win; enjoyable enough but over rated I think.

Edited by soundfan
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, soundfan said:

At least 1917 didnt win; enjoyable enough but over rated I think.

Haven't seen 1917 yet but good to know.  It looks like a movie I would really enjoy. 

@soundfan how about JoJo Rabbit?

11 minutes ago, Citroen said:

Haven't seen 1917 yet but good to know.  It looks like a movie I would really enjoy. 

@soundfan how about JoJo Rabbit?

G'day Cliff

I enjoyed JoJo Rabbit as well, thought it was a well made and original movie.  But in regards to 1917, thought the characters could have been fleshed out more, and the ending was predictable.

I'm no movie critic though, just my thoughts. :)

• 2 months later...

Love this movie. I watched it in Hong Kong when it got Cannes. I've got Blu-Ray, movie script, cinematography book and soundtrack. Surprisingly the soundtrack quality is really good. Try it HDTracks but you need VPN (it is not available to purchase in Aussie version of HDTracks). 24-bit music files. 

20200520_004937000_iOS.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got to watch this last night. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I felt that the final act let it down (only slightly).  

On 21/02/2020 at 7:52 AM, soundfan said:

Not sure on the hi fi either, but I loved that house.

I fell in love with the house too. I loved the lamp at the top of the stairs.

• Like 1