External selectable USB, fibre, coax, I2S interface

Ok, so I've recently ordered a DAC that has a single coax input only. I was wondering if there's a digital interface in existance with multiple switchable inputs (USB, I2S, toslink and coax) and a coax + AES output for such DAC's.

It's not uncommon to find higher end NOS type DAC's with just a coax (spdif) input so I'm assuming there's something out there does this.

Gustard U16 , Singer variants sorry not sure about model nos, the important thing is to have the latest xmos . Note these are usb converters that convert the input from USB and output spdif via aes/ebu,  coax , toslink and I2S ( some not all via HDMI or Ethernet cable formulations ). There are other converters that take in say Optical and output via Coax 

Yes, however none of those seem to have selectable optical and coax inputs.... I've looked at the Gustard U16 as well as the Singxer 

The AUDIO-GD DI-20 almost ticks all the boxes.... Just needs toslink as well..... Looks like the AUDIO-GD DI-2014 would fit the bill if it were a current product....

Edited by MattyW

1 hour ago, Galactic Soap said:

Hi Mate - What about the Mutec MC-3+

https://www.mutec-net.com/product_mc-3-plus-usb.php#data

Damn, that looks to be just what the doctor ordered. I'll look into pricing for that one. Thanks so much for that :) 

Wowza..... Expensive...... Will see if I can get by without though otherwise I'll be saving for one I guess.

Edited by MattyW
  • Like 2

Incredible reviews.... I think (once received) my new DAC might just deserve one of these units. I've found it for $1,690 though if anyone is aware of it on sale anywhere I'm happy to know of where it can be found cheaper  ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Galactic Soap said:

Hi Mate - What about the Mutec MC-3+

https://www.mutec-net.com/product_mc-3-plus-usb.php#data

That's a fine looking piece of equipment. I had to go searching hard to find what the default jitter is claimed as when not used with an external clock and it lists "<1ps" in the specifications. Pretty slick, but supports some insanely expensive external clocks too.

43 minutes ago, MattyW said:

Wowza..... Expensive...... Will see if I can get by without though otherwise I'll be saving for one I guess.

The USB to SPDIF and reclocker from Singxer costs $1k and it only supports the one input type.

1 hour ago, Ittaku said:

That's a fine looking piece of equipment. I had to go searching hard to find what the default jitter is claimed as when not used with an external clock and it lists "<1ps" in the specifications. Pretty slick, but supports some insanely expensive external clocks too.

The USB to SPDIF and reclocker from Singxer costs $1k and it only supports the one input type.

Yeah I know,  I'll get it. Just a matter of when 

Ah, I gave in. Ordered it. A tonne of user reviews which seem to indicate it's the best thing since sliced bread.

Now to wait for my DAC. The last update today indicates they're winding the 240VAC trannies and assembling the circuit boards still.

The first time I've ever had gear built specifically for me, and certainly to the level they are (Abbas Audio in the Ukraine)

Edited by MattyW
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, kelossus said:

I have an old Audio GD DI with the PSU. It is either USB or SPDIF input so no toslink, i2s etc.

You can have it if you want. I am working in Enoggera tomorrow, feel free to pick it up.

Hey, thanks for the offer. I ended up biting the bullet and ordering the Mutec.  From everything I've read about it,  I doubt I'll regret my purchase.

• Like 1