Musical fidelity encore 225 yes or no?

13 minutes ago, PositivelyMusicallyGeared said:

They didn't bother with listing it on their website.?

They have a rather large secondhand section and a lot of great gear that finds new owners pretty quickly. 
Neo

2 minutes ago, Neo said:

They have a rather large secondhand section and a lot of great gear that finds new owners pretty quickly. 
Neo

It's not an easy location for many people to frequent without something in mind. I wish they would upload updated pictures of the section on their website.

What about contacting them and engaging them directly, this way you can inquire and perhaps negotiate an agreeable price. It is still in their secondhand section when I dropped by in the afternoon.

Neo

Edited by Neo

PS: if you really keen on this unit I would seriously give Len Wallis a call at rrp$8999, it’s not an inexpensive unit and to have it secondhand at a considerable discount with 3 month warranty could be the best way of gaining possession 

just a thought

Neo

15 minutes ago, Neo said:

What about contacting them and engaging them directly, this way you can inquire and perhaps negotiate an agreeable price. It is still in their secondhand section when I dropped by in the afternoon.

Neo

I have sent msg, but outside business hrs.  It’s 9pm in Vic.

have you heard one yourself? As good as the m6si?

1 minute ago, Jacket_1985 said:

I have sent msg, but outside business hrs.  It’s 9pm in Vic.

have you heard one yourself? As good as the m6si?

You can give them a call during business hours. Unfortunately no as I’m not in the market for new gear.

Neo

On 05/02/2020 at 9:02 PM, Jacket_1985 said:

So, where can I get one at a reasonable price? And do they sound a bit more “artefacty” than the m6si playing CD or using HDD in same chassis?

anyone have one and love it or hate it?

cheers Tim.

I demo'ed one 2 years ago at Carlton AV and we couldn't get the thing to work properly with the inbuilt HHD. The sound was very gustsy and pleasant to my ear but I didn't bother with a home demo due to software glitches.

Caveat: they may well have gone through several firmware upgrades in the mean time.

5 hours ago, blybo said:

I demo'ed one 2 years ago at Carlton AV and we couldn't get the thing to work properly with the inbuilt HHD. The sound was very gustsy and pleasant to my ear but I didn't bother with a home demo due to software glitches.

Caveat: they may well have gone through several firmware upgrades in the mean time.

So, how much would be a great price for one?  m6si do come up occasionally for low 2’s..... should I pay over 3 for an encore225? Or wait till they drop in price a bit? Or am I being ambitious? Is 3500 the number?

12 hours ago, Jacket_1985 said:

So, how much would be a great price for one?  m6si do come up occasionally for low 2’s..... should I pay over 3 for an encore225? Or wait till they drop in price a bit? Or am I being ambitious? Is 3500 the number?

Only you can decide what's fair. I was offerred the demo model for about $5k IIRC. That's the ball park I was shopping in but ended up spending less on my Moon.