SOLD: FS: NAD M51 DAC

Item: NAD M51 DAC
Price:  $700
Item Condition: As new
Reason for selling: Not needed
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Post - Bank deposit
Extra Info: I bought this last weekend to try out its digital pre-amp while my Boulder is getting serviced. Not a fair fight, but the M51 actually does pretty well—for anyone who shares my curiosity. 

I collected this from a very nice SNA member on the north shore; I've included his original ad below. This unit presents as new and functions flawlessly.

As to its capabilities as a DAC, here are my brief listening impressions. The M51 sounds fairly neutral with a 'smooth flow' in the mids and detail and clarity up top. Transients with solo piano are natural; rock music is dynamic with enough bass heft and excellent vocals; complex orchestral music is easy to follow due to a very well-organised soundstage. Overall, I'd describe the M51 as authoritative in its musical delivery.

Original ad:

Item: NAD M51 DAC
Price: $740
Item Condition: like new
Reason for selling: downsizing to active monitor set up
Extra Info:
  Well reviewed DAC. At this price IMHO this is a great sounding, fully featured DAC. 

The technical aspects are worth looking up, if you are reading then maybe you are aware.

It has pre-amp capability and HDMI  connectivity. Very clear easy to read display. Trigger on socket.

I bought this new from Len Wallis Audio and have carefully repacked it in all original packaging including the double boxing. 

Pick up preferred.

1.jpeg

2.jpeg

3.jpeg

4.jpeg

5.jpeg

6.jpeg

7.jpeg

9.jpeg

10.jpeg

Edited by was_a