after market cables

Guest James.

i am looking to buy some nice cables for my modded 770, so far i have found periaptcables any other places selling cables at an affordable price? 

snake oil has been mentioned about cables

some can hear differences, others not,

many reviews about different cables

my take, cables are the new tone controls for your system

what do you call an afforadable price, 

a lot of SNA members use Bills cables, he is a member here and will make you up a set, not sure of price now.

Audioquest, Chord, Analysis Plus, Mogami,Van Den Hul............the list goes on, how you choose????????????

see if you can try before you buy, i had to buy 3 different cables, got a refund on the two i didn't buy!

8 minutes ago, wen said:

snake oil has been mentioned about cables

some can hear differences, others not,

many reviews about different cables

my take, cables are the new tone controls for your system

what do you call an afforadable price, 

a lot of SNA members use Bills cables, he is a member here and will make you up a set, not sure of price now.

Audioquest, Chord, Analysis Plus, Mogami,Van Den Hul............the list goes on, how you choose????????????

see if you can try before you buy, i had to buy 3 different cables, got a refund on the two i didn't buy!

i was looking to spend 100-150, i don't really believe in hearing a difference, i am just looking for quality build.

Edited by James.

34 minutes ago, wen said:

out of interest and off topic, what mods have you done to your 770's

i just got a detectable cable mod done so they have dual 3.5mm inputs now and also put some zmf pads on them (not really a mod)

31 minutes ago, muon* said:

OK, so headphone cable?

Edit: so with that mod does it mean you have separate 3.5mm mono plugs with one each going to L & R sides?

yes, l&r both have a 3.5mm in

1 minute ago, James. said:

yes, l&r both have a 3.5mm in

And a single stereo 3.5 jack at the other end of course?

Just trying to have it clear so peps can make their recommendations, as so far you have had speaker cable suggestions.....Like me they probably thought the 770's were Mission speakers, maybe.

5 minutes ago, muon* said:

And a single stereo 3.5 jack at the other end of course?

Just trying to have it clear so peps can make their recommendations, as so far you have had speaker cable suggestions.....Like me they probably thought the 770's were Mission speakers, maybe.

well the guy that modded them for me, said the termination didnt matter (xlr,3.5, 1/4) are all fine to use as long as my amp supports it, i was looking at mimic-cables  but some people on some other forums and reddit were saying that the build quality wasn't great   

Edited by James.

4 minutes ago, muon* said:

So amp end can be xlr/3.5/1/4 ?

Just determining what you are looking for.

yeah i have an amp that supports xlr and 1/4 and i  have an adapter for 3.5 if needed

3 minutes ago, muon* said:

I's suggest Aurealis Audio but they might likely be a little more than the budget.

Not to worry, James.....now the cable needed is known others will recommend some :thumb:

they have some nice looking cables thanks for the help muon*