- HELP -COURIER MISSING AUDIO DESK System Vinyl Cleaning machine

Hello all, I purchased this used from Joe- Yamaha Man in October and it has vanished off the face of the planet, now these things are not cheap and the couriers have declared it as lost and somehow on this one transaction I just did not happen to elect the add insurance button. I trade a bit chasing my tale and always insure so this adds insult to injury . I doubt I will ever see it again and Joe _ Yamaha Man on Sna has done all he can his end - I keep talking to the couriers who I won't mention by name but they don't seem to care or cannot locate. 

Joe's one was not old but had a distinctive mark or ring around the bottom apparently where his son filled it up to much, these are the actual pics of the machine and its even more frustrating given I bought the 2000 inside and out covers ready to clean and refresh my collection and all the liquids and brushes etc. So I don't know if this will help but someone might see one pop up somewhere. 

If you do please let me know many thanks Adam and a cold carton will be on its way to you

https://www.stereo.net.au/forums/messenger/434620/?tab=comments#comment-1735566

247B6561-F957-4A44-ACAA-CA687E412691.thumb.png.f54c39a21358cf813365b3532f3d74a5.png

73442D01-AC20-4021-9F31-A6B05698ACAD.thumb.png.b36b032c072db11ad34d93e4ef6af85b.png

image.png

541D7FB9-336E-4E63-B491-30FECD8E541C.thumb.jpeg.e6fde65824ea4bbd14d2612b6c47c227.jpeg

I used to work as a claims Manager and Customer service Manager for a freight company , their paperwork should show as someone said the last depot it was checked through. If they won't come to the party report it as  stolen at the last depot demand the relevant police investigate the theft . The value $4500 get a friendly solicitor to bang off a letter that it was "lost in the care custody and control".  Just one question though why wouldn't you name them on here ?  

• Like 5

No issues it was Transdirect in Perth who are a shipping agents and on this occasion it was picked up by Allens from Joe directly in

WARRNAMBOOL VIC 3280  
 and handled to Allied Express to bring to Perth.  I wont hand out the connote number but I spoke to Allens and spoke to a girl called Michelle who confirmed the pick up and transfer to Allied, however trans direct are the main contact here as I booked through them  and they stated they have constantly tried to expedite the search and now its lost.

I have a copy of the handwritten connote between Allied and Allens but it has disappeared from there. As Warrnambool. is rural I believe 3 hours from Melbourne no one knows what suburb or depot it went too.

In this day and age I would think it was impossible, the box is quite recognisable and has some different visual text on the outside to identify it.

Any help very much appreciated

1 hour ago, DEANO23 said:

I used to work as a claims Manager and Customer service Manager for a freight company , their paperwork should show as someone said the last depot it was checked through. If they won't come to the party report it as  stolen at the last depot demand the relevant police investigate the theft . The value $4500 get a friendly solicitor to bang off a letter that it was "lost in the care custody and control".  Just one question though why wouldn't you name them on here ?  

Edited by Eagleeyes
  • Like 2

eagle eyes, while not insured. simply not good enough it is just lost and no one knows. in this age with digital tracking and what not, courier to courier ! heck I had two boxes of nappies delivered by a unnamed courier using their ute and she had to get my signature on her app. so I wouldnt just be fobbed off so easily. Deano's approach above re follow up action seems a suitable one... don’t  have to let them get away with it ! 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Eagleeyes said:

No issues it was Transdirect in Perth who are a shipping agents and on this occasion it was picked up by Allens from Joe directly in

WARRNAMBOOL VIC 3280  
 and handled to Allied Express to bring to Perth.  I wont hand out the connote number but I spoke to Allens and spoke to a girl called Michelle who confirmed the pick up and transfer to Allied, however trans direct are the main contact here as I booked through them  and they sated they have constantly tired to expedite the search and now its lost.

I have a copy of the handwritten connote between Allied and Allens but it has disappeared from there. As Warrnambool. is rural I believe 3 hours from Melbourne no one knows what suburb or depot it went too.

In this day and age I would think it was impossible, the box is quite recognisable and has some different visual text on the outside to identify it.

Any help very much appreciated

The trick with these things are your suburb again ? I remember when I sent you some cables your destination came up in W.A and NSW I thought (I might be wrong it was awhile ago), so a misdirect might be on the cards. You must act like the detective and right everything down. I would ring again and ask that the steps be retraced, ring every depot which handled it along the way.  It sounds like a mis direct or that the label has come off and it's sitting in Allieds depot

• Like 2

okay my suburb is Mosman Park. I guess with Christmas etc you let them hope they find it but it serious money and you are right I should chase them harder than I have to find it has to be sitting somewhere, hardly an item to sell easily on the used market.

Edited by Eagleeyes
  • Like 1

I'd contact Allied directly and pressure them to locate it. Ask them which exact depots it MAY have wound up with and call them direct too if you can- the local guys are often far more helpful than their call centre counterparts. Any description of distinctive markings on the box can help as well. 

• Like 3

I would start at each depot from beginning to the point where it went missing. Ring each one and see if they have a "Proof of Pickup" and then a "Proof of Delivery". This basic paper trail was the bread and butter of logistics before the RF based scanning and tracking systems were implemented.

Even if the smaller rural freight companies don't provide RF tracking they would have a paper trail. It's what logistics is built on.

This is all based on the assumption that you don't have solid online tracking to view. Just the basic con notes and company names.

In the recent past transport companies were in effect exempt in most cases from the Consumer Guarantee.  For most products and services, the Consumer Guarantee meant that there was an enforceable obligation upon the product or service provider that the goods or services must be provided in working order and as expected.  Transport companies were largely exempt from this, meaning that if they damaged or lost goods in transport they held no real liability.  To any reasonable person this was bizarre - essentially the transport company was not bound to do the job for which they'd been paid, so why should they particularly care?  This changed somewhat in 2018.  You'd have to look into how those changes affect your circumstance, but it may be that the transport company can be held liable for the loss if they can't demonstrate that it was delivered to your address as per the terms (e.g. left on your front doorstep or must be received in person with signature). 

• Like 3

Is there an ombudsman to handle such matters like the Postal Ombudsman?

Once Auspost lost some records of mine despite their claim of delivering it.

I first lodged a complain with Auspost - since their system states that it has been delivered (left in safe place...!) - they refused to take responsibility.

So I lodged complaint with Postal Ombudsman who in return advised Auspost to carry further investigation and finally Auspost admitted it was lost and reimbursed for the 'lost' records.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pulinap said:

Is there an ombudsman to handle such matters like the Postal Ombudsman?

Once Auspost lost some records of mine despite their claim of delivering it.

I first lodged a complain with Auspost - since their system states that it has been delivered (left in safe place...!) - they refused to take responsibility.

So I lodged complaint with Postal Ombudsman who in return advised Auspost to carry further investigation and finally Auspost admitted it was lost and reimbursed for the 'lost' records.

I've only had a couple of things go astray with auspost. one recovered. can assure auspost do investigate... as it is local guys that do the deliveries. when i queried he was around next day quick smart. turned out it had just gone to the house across the street by accident and the lady there just accepted it thinking another box for the hubby who was away and never looked at the address (as neither did the postie) :D Sorted out in a flash.

other item was not a parcel with no tracking so let it go..vowing to never ever ship anything without tracking from there hence ...

look mistakes happen...but most organisations its not the first time and tend to have ways of sorting out and dealing with ...

This is so disappointing.

From the info I got at my end Allen’s freight has record of picking it up from my end. When it was handed to the main freight company they failed to record anything about it.

Very distinct water mark around the base of the unit, perfect condition otherwise.

Hope it turns up mate.

Considering this has been going on for months now Allied Express would have already conducted a National-wide Depot search for the item.

The fact it hasn't been found yet is worrying and as time goes on the likelihood of locating it dwindles.

Edited by kelossus