SOLD: FS: HEDD HEDDphone - Air Motion Technology - As New

Item: HEDD HEDDphone AMT - As New - Be one of the first (or maybe the second!) to own a pair of these "flagship killers"
Price: $2999
Item Condition: As New - see comments below
Reason for selling: Whilst they be "Flagship Killers" - they didn't quite get to LCD-4, ZMF Verite levels for me
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info: I bought these from Headphones.com as soon as they were launched and use a reshipper to get them here. Taron Lissmore told me that these were from the first 15 they had. I have the US receipt for you. Now, I know you can buy (or rather order) these in AUS.....but....when will you get them? Apparently, there is a month(s) waiting list. So what did I think of them? Well, I love Head Fi and have had most flagship TOTL HPs. My go to HPs are LCD-4 and ZMF Verite/Atticus driven by Audio-gd HE-9 or WA22 via Vega G1/Roon. I believe that these are a very credible first effort by HEDD using new to HP tech. They (to me) come very close to the LCD-4s and would be a great adjunct to the ZMF's. I feel that they are better than any MrSpeakers, Audeze up to 4, HiFiMan up to Susvara but not AB-1266. Easily besting Beyer and Senn. Will be interesting to see the "replies" I get for that last couple of sentences!! So, for the price what do you get? Pristine HEDDphones in original packaging, terminated to 1/4" but I used my own dual XLR. They have about 5-8 hours on them. Plus, you will get them express post. One thing I should add is they are power hungry and need some decent current to get the best out of them - see specs.

HEDD Air Motion Transformer Headphones
$2999 ono
As New in box and original packaging (receipt)

Be one of the first in Australia to own these “flagship killer” headphones featuring new technology. You’ll have no doubt read the hype by now. Yes – they are that good! See the review below the specs and description

HEDD is proud to introduce the first full range Air Motion Transformer headphones to audiophiles and recording artists worldwide. The Air Motion Transformer (AMT) is an electrodynamic transducer that allows to move air significantly faster than common voice coil, magnetostatic (planar) or electrostatic systems. Their traditional piston-like movement is overcome by a folded diaphragm that squeezes out air four times faster: A breakthrough for capturing more details in a musical recording.

30 years ago HEDD CEO and Chief Engineer Klaus Heinz designed the first compact and marketable AMT tweeter based on Oskar Heil’s original Air Motion Transformer invention. Since then he has increased its sonic quality in several fundamental revisions. The 2019 version of the AMT can be heard in HEDD´s innovative Series ONE studio monitor line.

Recently Heinz has focused on developing a full range Air Motion Transformer to break new grounds for this superior transducer principle. In order to reproduce the complete audible frequency band (and beyond), the HEDDphone® incorporates VVT® (pat. pending). VVT® introduces a new diaphragm geometry that expands the AMT principle to a linear full range (10Hz–40kHz) headphone transducer. It replaces the fixed geometric structure of conventional AMT drivers as the folds vary both in width and depth.

The HEDDphone® introduces a fourth transducer technology. It brings the enormous dynamic capabilities and the superior sonic resolution of the AMT principle to the world of top-end headphones. HEDDphone® excels where it really matters: in accurate, untamed, and touching music reproduction.

Concept:
Open over ear headphone with Air Motion Transformer
Efficiency:
90 dB SPL for 1 mW
Impedance:
38 Ω
Connector:
Mini XLR to 1/4"

Here are a couple of reviews - there aren't many yet:

https://www.headphones.com/blogs/news/heddphone-review
https://forum.headphones.com/t/hedd-audio-heddphone-official-thread/3179/384
Torq likes them!!

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

IMG_0012.jpeg

IMG_0013.jpeg

IMG_0003.jpeg

IMG_0002.jpeg

IMG_0004.jpeg

IMG_0006.jpeg

IMG_0007.jpeg

IMG_0009.jpeg

IMG_0010.jpeg

IMG_0011.jpeg

IMG_0008.jpeg

• Like 1

Hi - I found them to very comfortable. However, the Utopias and ZMFs are (to me) at the high comfort end of the scale. Also, HiFiMan HE1Ks. The HEDD are heavy at 700g but they seem to be quite well balanced and suitable clamping force - less than RAD-0. The deep earpads are super nice.

• 2 weeks later...