WATTS GOOD - MELBOURNE : Call for EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST - Your System, Your Collection

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had a great time with Doug yesterday chatting about everything vinyl.   ?   This is a 2 part feature: one on his massive wax collection, and one on his system.   Here's Part 1 - pl

Hey everyone,   I'm beginning filming a new Stereonet TV video show in very early 2020, called 'Watts Good' and it's going to feature SNA member's systems and record collections.  

Watts Good Episode #4 is here....featuring a Man Cave most of us would die for.   Thanks to David for jumping in!   This is just Part 1.... 2 more parts to follow.   http

7 minutes ago, candyflip said:

Yes please. ?

Just remember to bring some ear plugs and perhaps a kidney belt to keep the internal organs nice and secure as @joz has a volume control ans is not afraid to use it!

....But I love it. Be sure to play him the GG Yeah song as the drums in that managed to fix my achy shoulder joint last time ?

• Haha 3
  • Moderators
5 hours ago, candyflip said:

Yes please. ?

Of course but it’s not going to be together for some months yet ?

• 2 weeks later...

Watts Good travels to Perth (digitally) next weekend, and will feature a video interview with Adrian Sardi, owner of Sugarland Studios.

Adrian will address a load more questions about the Vinyl v Digital debate he recently covered for his employer (the ABC).

He'll also take us through his current loves (vinyl mastering and small run pressings) in depth, and just chat more about what it takes to be in-between both worlds, digital and vinyl.

Should be a fascinating sit-down.  :) 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...
On 15/12/2019 at 12:29 AM, YaBoiiGarfield said:

Great collection,  'Howlin' Wind' caught my eye.  my uncle was the sax player, I found another one of your posts on this forum about that record,  it is great to know people are still enjoying their music!

On 14/12/2019 at 8:04 PM, keyse1 said:

I’ve got a record collection 

whoops forgot the stereo

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

C4C5CA88-8806-4447-82A4-671C3D906926.jpeg

great looking places- is this one person's place or several different addresses? I am just about to put up a post about about dedicated listening rooms

• Love 1

6 hours ago, Alpine Electrocats said:

great looking places- is this one person's place or several different addresses? I am just about to put up a post about about dedicated listening rooms

It’s in my garage and downstairs in my office?

Im in Pottsville 

Look forward to seeing your photos 

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
Posted (edited)

Holy crap - 12 months gone by and f#@$ post COVID, this might be a possibility again?
I've loved discovering some member's systems early last year, and it's time again now.

Who is keen?

My first cab off the rank is in a few weeks: a truly awesome vinyl collection in the many thousands is coming up.

He's not an SNA member, but works in the retail vinyl industry full time, and it will be a real thrill discovering his racks and chatting about the influences on his music collecting (plus he's just a super nice guy to talk to).

But whole systems remain the focus (like Doug's!) and would love to hear from you if you have something to share?   ?

Edited by candyflip
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Candy,

You need to get in touch with @Los and get yourself down to Gipssland to take in a gig at the Bundy Hall, probably the best sounding music hall in Oz featuring a fully treated hall and active horn loaded Lenard PA system.  After that, call by Pauls house to demo the Lenard Symphony.  Your mind will be blown

[img]https://www.flickr.com/gp/151329652@N05/52qJq5[/img]

https://www.flickr.com/gp/151329652@N05/ENhk66

https://www.flickr.com/gp/151329652@N05/QEo18R

https://www.flickr.com/gp/151329652@N05/U55QoV

Edited by mondie
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

On 18/04/2021 at 8:21 AM, mondie said:

Candy,

You need to get in touch with @Los and get yourself down to Gipssland to take in a gig at the Bundy Hall, probably the best sounding music hall in Oz featuring a fully treated hall and active horn loaded Lenard PA system.  After that, call by Pauls house to demo the Lenard Symphony.  Your mind will be blown

Yes, if they're interested in participating (I can't/don't force anyone), absolutely that could be done.  ?

• Moderators
On 16/04/2021 at 11:45 AM, candyflip said:

Holy crap - 12 months gone by and f#@$ post COVID, this might be a possibility again?
I've loved discovering some member's systems early last year, and it's time again now.

Who is keen?

My first cab off the rank is in a few weeks: a truly awesome vinyl collection in the many thousands is coming up.

He's not an SNA member, but works in the retail vinyl industry full time, and it will be a real thrill discovering his racks and chatting about the influences on his music collecting (plus he's just a super nice guy to talk to).

But whole systems remain the focus (like Doug's!) and would love to hear from you if you have something to share?   ?

Hell yea, my babies  are back and singing.

Last year is best forgotten.

• Like 3
17 hours ago, joz said:

Hell yea, my babies  are back and singing.

Last year is best forgotten.

Let’s do it joz - I’ll PM you. ?

• 2 weeks later...

Had a great time at Joz's place two weekends ago - and am busy editing the video up now.

Coming SOON!   😎

• Like 6
  • Moderators
Posted (edited)

Dam, could have used a prettier mug 😁

Thanks heaps Jon, great to have you over.

Edited by joz
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

You'll notice too that The Eagles you were playing is absent from the soundtrack?

I had to edit it out and resubmit the video because Don Henley has turned rogue and BANS any video containing Eagles songs (instead of just taking the royalties) from YouTube. If I had persisted with it's inclusion, the video would have been non-viewable, and a copyright strike would likely have ensued against me.

Silly really - if their music isn't promoted to the masses digitally, how in hell will the future generations even know who these old boys were?

Thanks for having me Joe!

• Like 3
18 minutes ago, candyflip said:

If I had persisted with it's inclusion, the video would have been non-viewable, and a copyright strike would likely have ensued against me.

Silly really - if their music isn't promoted to the masses digitally, how in hell will the future generations even know who these old boys were?

Stooopid Youtube and even more so the record companies.

Just looking at Youtube one can easily imagine a dystopian future where many aspects of our lives are ruled indiscriminately and in a complete authoritarian standardised way by stooooopidest of algorithms. As long as the money hits the required spot.

Anyhoo - well done Jon and @joz on a great chat and an awesome video.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • 5 weeks later...
On 18/04/2021 at 8:21 AM, mondie said:

Candy,

[img]https://www.flickr.com/gp/151329652@N05/52qJq5[/img]

https://www.flickr.com/gp/151329652@N05/ENhk66

https://www.flickr.com/gp/151329652@N05/QEo18R

https://www.flickr.com/gp/151329652@N05/U55QoV

And you’d be welcome to drop in to my place while you’re in the area @candyflip  You’d get to hear the Lenard’s in a little room for another point of view. Can’t match the scale that’s achieved in Paul’s shed but still a powerful experience. Cheers, M

• Like 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, unclemack said:

And you’d be welcome to drop in to my place while you’re in the area @candyflip  You’d get to hear the Lenard’s in a little room for another point of view. Can’t match the scale that’s achieved in Paul’s shed but still a powerful experience. Cheers, M

Appreciate that M - that would make sense too.

Let's see what we can do after Lockdown 4.1 ?