Sacd pc drive?

2 minutes ago, anewmission said:

How am I able to download sacd. Iso files?
There has to be one

It's part of the SACD agreement spec.

There are no digital outputs.

There's a thread about modifying Sony Playstation drives on here somewhere.............................that's how they get extracted and then it's a bit of software in the computer.

There are software players but no hardware players afaik.

It's part of the SACD agreement spec.
There are no digital outputs.
There's a thread about modifying Sony Playstation drives on here somewhere.............................that's how they get extracted and then it's a bit of software in the computer.
There are software players but no hardware players afaik.
I saw on another forum that Sony made one years ago. It was a vaio computer so I'm guessing that would be somewhere between 2005-2010
11 hours ago, anewmission said:

Oh OK, Im mot looking to rip sacd's (that would be a bonus though) just a sacd drive for pc do I can have an all in one streamer and sacd player

Of course you do ?....Sony shares your exact sentiments  

• Love 1

12 hours ago, anewmission said:

Oh OK, Im mot looking to rip sacd's (that would be a bonus though) just a sacd drive for pc do I can have an all in one streamer and sacd player

That's easy to do if all you want is an all in one streamer and sacd box.

There are component sacd spinners available that have network streaming ability built in.

Here's one example.

https://www.stereo.net.au/news/mark-levinson-introduces-no-5101-streaming-sacd-player

6 hours ago, anewmission said:

That is not true.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/gizmodo.com/sony-vaio-js1-series-all-in-one-is-audiophile-ready-5058024/amp

I'm wondering if these drives are available anywhere and if they would work on a DIY pc

I don't think you understand what I'm saying. I'm not talking about a pc I'm talking specifically about 5.25inch drives being available to consumers that was capable of sacd playback, which is zero/none. 

On 20/08/2019 at 10:14 PM, anewmission said:

Get any Oppo 103 or 105 and follow process

https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic/28569-sacd-ripping-using-an-oppo-or-pioneer-yes-its-true/

** Not aware of any PC based ripper.

Once ripped, software will read the dsf files.

Edited by Snoopy8
Added *
Get any Oppo 103 or 105 and follow process
https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic/28569-sacd-ripping-using-an-oppo-or-pioneer-yes-its-true/

** Not aware of any PC based ripper.

Once ripped, software will read the dsf files.
Not really interested in ripping.
I guess for now I will just download dsd and sacd. Iso files.

Only problem is a lot of the dsd files is people turning vinyls into dsd, same with flac.

What is actually better quality? Sacd or bluray audio?
1 hour ago, anewmission said:

What is actually better quality? Sacd or bluray audio?

There is little if no difference.  Like many recordings, it is the mastering which makes the difference..

• Like 3
On 20/08/2019 at 7:20 PM, anewmission said:

How am I able to download sacd. Iso files?
There has to be one

Sony made some computers which could read SACD in limited ways.

The way people get swipe the data from SACDs is using standalone SACD players which have firmware which has been compromised.   Examples are Playstation consoles... and certain SACD players.  See here:

EDIT:   One day soon, I'll read a thread fully before I reply to it.    >_<

Edited by davewantsmoore
  • Like 1

Sony made some computers which could read SACD in limited ways.

The way people get swipe the data from SACDs is using standalone SACD players which have firmware which has been compromised.   Examples are Playstation consoles... and certain SACD players.  See here:

EDIT:   One day soon, I'll read a thread fully before I reply to it.    >_
I'm wondering what would be better quality. A PlayStation 3 or the oppo mentioned above. Any thoughts?
100% identical.

It is reading the digital information from the disc into a digital file.   You can confirm that it is literally perfect.
There is other things involved. My current cd player is quite loud as far as disc spinning and ect.