WTB: ELAC BS 244.3 OR PARADIGM 20V5 !!

Phil sydney

Item: Elac BS 244.3 or Paradigm 20v5 ----bookshelf speakers
Price Range:600- 700 
Item Condition: used / near new
Extra Info:

Let me know if u have either of the speakers and we can work something out.

cheers

Please don't forget to report your post as FOUND when possible. (You can now delete this text).

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Sandnorth
      Item Condition: Great condition Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available. Suburb or Town: ALBANY CREEK State: QLD Payment Method: PayPal, EFT Reason for selling: Excess to my needs. Further information: Elac FS78 pair of floor standing speakers 140W suitable for home theatre or stereo systems. Lovely sounding. 
      Perfect cabinet except for the one of the feet at the rear - see photo. This cannot be seen from the front.

Photos:

• By BugPowderDust
      Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Macedon Ranges (VIC) State: VIC Payment Method: EFT, PayID, Cash On Pickup, Cash In Person Reason for selling: Upgrading to bigger speakers Paradigm Signature S8 v3: ($15,595.00 AUD RRP)
      After making a substantial upgrade (in terms of both size and cost), it is time to put my beloved Paradigm Signature S8 v3 speakers up for sale.

They are the Cherry finish and are in excellent condition with no visible flaws or marks and drivers in A1 condition.  These are fantastic speakers that just drip detail, have great bass response and perform amazingly in a home theatre or 2 channel setup (or in a combined version of both as I was previously using them). 

I am the original owner and pending COVID lockdowns and restrictions, I would be happy to entertain a demo to any serious buyer so you can check the excellent condition of these speakers and their amazing sound. I’m in no rush to sell these, so low-ballers be pre-warned; I may elect to just move them to guest accommodation on our property.

Please do not ask for postal information as these are very heavy and large speakers and I do not have the original packing materials. I am willing to deliver free of charge to anywhere in the Melbourne Metro area (I’ll do the careful driving) or pickup can be arranged directly from me in the Macedon Ranges (30 mins from Sunbury or Melbourne airport).

They were rated in the top 25 speakers of all time by http://audiophilereview.com/audiophile/the-25-ultimate-audiophile-speakers-of-all-time.html “When it comes to audiophile grade floorstanding loudspeakers, names like Revel, Wilson Audio and Bowers & Wilkins are often dropped – but at one third the price, the Paradigm Reference Signature S8s hang right in there with the 800s and WATT Puppies of the world.”

These speakers are exceptional and sound as good as they look. Paradigm’s Signature series speakers have superb build quality and exquisite styling. Their feminine curves are balanced by the rugged ISO shock mounting that couples the super-Neodynium mid range drivers and 4 mineral filled polypropylene bass drivers. 
      They reveal immense clarity and detail across a wide sound stage with a sense of space and ease. At 92dB sensitivity they work effortlessly.   These were the top of the line Paradigm speakers for many years and this is the last series of Signature speakers they made. Given their high sensitivity and 8 Ohm nominal impedance, pretty much any amp out there will drive these with ease.

There is no shortage of outstanding reviews for the Signature series:
      http://www.theaudiobeat.com/equipment/paradigm_signature_s8_v3.htm  “They sound leaner and slightly quicker off the mark throughout their range than the [Wilson] Sashas, and when it comes to conveying space and apparent detail, the Paradigm speakers are more demonstrative, especially in the treble, which is finely variegated and delicately balanced. I've yet to hear a sub-$10,000 speaker that's better than the S8 v3, and I've heard many, many that are far more expensive and not nearly as accomplished in both general and specific ways.” http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/paradigm/3.html “wonderfully transparent and easily one of the least colored most revealing speakers I have tried.. Instruments sounded natural and correct. I heard an enormous amount of inner musical detail that was startling in its clarity, immediacy, transient snap and fluidity. Bass notes came and went with little sense of bloat or overhang. Drums were full, real and visceral. The leading edge and sheer punch of kick drum were invigorating.” http://hometheaterreview.com/paradigm-reference-signature-s8-v3-loudspeakers-reviewed/ “You could talk about the S8 versus other loudspeakers in the $4,000 to $10,000 price range but the Paradigms simply wipe the floor with nearly every player in that part of the market on most levels...the Paradigm Signature S8 is possibly the best value in high-end loudspeakers period.” http://www.avrev.com/home-theater-loudspeakers/speaker-systems/paradigm-reference-signature-series-review-2.html “Their effortless sound created an extraordinary sense of space like very few dynamic speakers I’ve heard at any price.  In many ways, their sound reminded me of the Revel Salon speakers, but for less than half the cost.”  
      Features:
      P-Be™ Pure-Beryllium Tweeter Domes. Pure beryllium was chosen for its exceptional thermal, physical and mechanical properties: lighter than diamond or aluminum with unmatched rigidity. Response is instantaneous and extraordinarily uniform. Elevating the dome promoted optimal off-axis dispersion. ARB™ Aperiodic Resonance Breakup Fins. Die-cast aluminum fins in rear damping chamber capture and quickly disperse residual internal resonances, rendering them inert. Co-PAL™ Cobalt-Infused Anodized Pure-Aluminum Midrange Cones. Combine high stiffness-to-mass with superior internal damping for an even greater degree of accuracy. The result is smooth, uncolored frequency response. Dual ATC™ Asymmetrical Tapered Channels. Precision die-cast aluminum chamber with tapered dual interior channels provide optimal volume. The asymmetrical design dissipates the back wave while the center of the chamber is direct-coupled to the huge magnet structure, providing an efficient thermal escape path for heat generated by the voice coil. Strategically positioned cooling fins on the rear of the chamber transfer heat away from the motor. Injection-Molded Mineral-Filled Polypropylene Bass Cones. The mineral content, now 30%, and the injection-molding process have resulted in a far more rigid cone. The improvements reveal a dramatic increase in repeatability as well as consistency of performance  

SPECIFICATIONS:
      DESIGN
      6-driver, 3-way floorstanding 
      CROSSOVER
      3rd-order electro-acoustic at 2.0 kHz; 2nd-order electro-acoustic at 230 Hz (bass drivers) 
      FREQUENCY RESPONSE  ON-AXIS
      ±2dB from 39 Hz - 45 kHz 
      HIGH FREQUENCY DRIVER
      25-mm (1 in) P-Be™ dome, ferro-fluid damped / cooled, rear damping chamber with ARB™ fins and integrated heatsink, dual super-neodymium ring magnets, die-cast heatsink chassis, IMS/SHOCK-MOUNT™ 
      MIDRANGE FREQUENCY DRIVER
      178-mm (7 in) Co-PAL™ cone, ferro-fluid damped / cooled, ATC™ chambers, 38-mm (1-1/2 in) dual-layer voice-coil, super-neodymium ring magnets, AVS™ die-cast heatsink chassis, IMS/SHOCK-MOUNT™ 
      LOW FREQUENCY EXTENSION
      24 Hz (DIN) 
      LOW FREQUENCY DRIVER
      Four 178-mm (7 in) mineral-filled polypropylene cones, overmolded NLC™ surrounds, 38-mm (1-1/2 in) four-layer long-excursion voice-coils, massive hard ferrite magnets, AVS™ die-cast heatsink chassis, IMS/SHOCK-MOUNT™ 
      SENSITIVITY ROOM / ANECHOIC
      92 dB / 89 dB 
      FREQUENCY RESPONSE  30° OFF-AXIS
      ±2dB from 39 Hz - 20 kHz 
      SUITABLE AMPLIFIER POWER RANGE
      15 - 500 watts 
      MAXIMUM INPUT POWER
      250 watts 
      IMPEDANCE
      Compatible with 8 ohms 
      DIMENSIONS  HXWXD
      48.5" × 8.5" × 20.5" (123.2cm × 21.6cm × 52.1cm) 
      WEIGHT
      100 lbs. (45.3 kg) 
      FINISHES
      Cherry, Piano Black

Paradigm Signature S8 v3 Data Sheet:

Paradigm Signature S8 V3 Owners Manual:

Photos:
      It's hard to take photos of these without getting lots of reflections.

• By belowthenoisefloor
      Item Condition: Very good Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Pickup available and you can audition. Suburb or Town: Fitzroy North State: VIC Payment Method: EFT, Cash on pickup Reason for selling: Can't place in new house Further information: 

Hi all — regretful sale of these ELAC FS 67s. Bought by my father-in-law >10 years ago, used in his house for choral/renaissance music, more recently used by us for all-purpose listening. I love their clarity and brightness. We recently moved house and they sadly don't fit the new space, so thought I would try to get them a good home.

Matte black finish. Baffles & drivers in perfect condition. They've lived safely in a no-kids, no-pets, no-smoking environment their whole lives. Some minor scuffs on one unit, surface only, marked on photos, doesn't affect sound whatsoever. 

They're 940h x 300d x 220w.

Come and collect from Fitzroy North, I don't have them hooked up, but would be happy to audition if you BYO amp & source. I'd be happy to deliver within a 20-ish km radius. Would consider posting, but no idea how I'd package them.

Donation to StereoNet assured when sold.

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item
      - if you have previously sold items and not made a donation, your advertisement may not be approved.
    • By ifany
      I currently have Paradigm Monitor 9 v5 fronts, with CC170 center (hunting a cc370 for timbre matching), running through a Sony str-dn860.
      This is in my main loungeroom as I don't have space for a home theatre, I want to get rear and mid speakers for this setup to make it 7.1.
      I would like them to be in ceiling, (rears could be in wall) but am so confused about what type and which speakers to get which will be at all close timbre wise.
      Any advice or opinion would be welcome.
    • By tamtu
      Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available. Suburb or Town: Fairlight, 2094 State: NSW Payment Method: Cash on pickup, Paypal, EFT Reason for selling: Wife thinks it's too big Further information:
      Selling a ELAC SUB3010 subwoofer with Bluetooth and built in room correction. Sounds great and great value subwoofer! The room correction is ingenious, only using your phone's microphone to calibrate.

Bought from Apollo HiFi in Sydney last spring, receipts available.

My wife thinks it's too big for the living room physically, and it's actually too big for the study

Since it's a couple of months old it's in great condition, there's a tiny dink on the top right corner.

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item

To Top