SOLD

Item: Pass Labs X 150.5
Price: 4.500 plus shipping
imageproxy.php?img=&key=6052995cfa95af68
Item Condition: 9/10
Reason for selling: upgrading
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal
Extra Info:

For sale my Pass Labs X150.5 stereo power amp (10W class A, 150W overall), currently playing in a full balanced chain.

It's complete with original box, manual and detachable power cable.

Conditions: perfect in every aspect except for the scratch on the side of the heat sink (pls see detailed pic, the scratch is less than 1 cm).

You're most welcome to come to listen to it (sorry but the setup is still not fine tuned)

Link to Pass X150.5 website page

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

IMG_20190814_193437.jpg

IMG_20190814_193443.jpg

IMG_20190814_193910_1.jpg

Edited by OldVinylLover
Mistakenly mentioned a remote (of the pre...)
  • Like 1
12 hours ago, scumbag said:

A great amp. What remote do you have for your x150.5? 

Thanks, and good morning.

Here are the pics of the remote. I don't know if it has a specific model number...  :)

IMG_20190815_075820.jpg

IMG_20190815_080152.jpg

Edited by OldVinylLover
Mistakenly mentioned a remote (of the pre...)

Guest scumbag
30 minutes ago, OldVinylLover said:

Thanks, and good morning.

Here are the pics of the remote. I don't know if it has a specific model number...  :)

IMG_20190815_075820.jpg

IMG_20190815_080152.jpg

That's the remote for your REF5 preamp mate. Don't sell that with the Pass Labs or there'll be tears ;)

Edited by scumbag
10 hours ago, scumbag said:

That's the remote for your REF5 preamp mate. Don't sell that with the Pass Labs or there'll be tears ;)

OMG!!!! hahahah it costs more than the Pass!!!!! I guess my brain is gone...of course the Pass doesn't have any remote   ??

3 hours ago, Galactic Soap said:

What a brilliant system! Proac K6's, ARC, Pass Labs, Aqua La Voce AND Playback Designs? Very nice...

Good eye and almost spotted all of them.

Aqua La Scala Mk II Optologic and Perreaux Audiant VP3 phono stage (and hidden on the right a Gordian Lab 12 power conditioner)

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By DanRotel
      Item Condition: Excellent - used Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available. Suburb or Town: Norwood Launceston State: TAS Payment Method: Cash Reason for selling: Moving Further information:
      200w per. Channel stereo power amp
      3 years old, in excellent condition
      In original Box
      I don’t have a preamp to audition it but can plug it in to the power point to show it works.

• By camross
      Item Condition: Good for Age Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition. Suburb or Town: Ivanhoe State: VIC Payment Method: Cash or bank transfer Reason for selling: NLR Further information:

Rotel Pre and Power amp are both working in perfect condition and have been serviced and modded by Gary Cawsey at Ear science. . Both have new custom leads and the Pre amplifier has improved inputs and out puts.
      MC and MM Phono stage.

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item
      - if you have previously sold items and not made a donation, your advertisement may not be approved.

• By Calum Klb Fewster
      Item Condition: Near Mint Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Melbourne State: VIC Payment Method: Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: Have gone down the tube amp hole Further information:

Fantastic amp. Bought new last year. I've probably used it for less than 200 hours before deciding to go for a tube amp instead.

Specifications:

Power Configurations: 2 x 200 watts (20Hz-20kHz, <0.03%, 8 Ohms)
      Watts/Channel: 200 watts, all channels driven, 8 ohm load, 20-20kHz
      THD (20-20,000Hz) 8 Ohms, all channels driven: < 0.03%
      IM Distortion: < 0.03%
      Damping Factor (8 Ohms): 1000
      Input Sensitivity / Impedance: 1.5V / 32kOhms
      Frequency Response (+/-1dB): 15-100kHz (+/-1dB)
      S/N Ratio (IHF A): 116dB
      Power Consumption: 550 watts
      Dimensions (W x H x D): 431 x 140 x 406 mm
      Front Panel Height: 3U (5.25”)
      Shipping Weight: 18.5 Kg
      Finish: Silver

Photos:

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item
      - if you have previously sold items and not made a donation, your advertisement may not be approved.
    • By lordvader82
      Item Condition: Used Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Reservoir State: VIC Payment Method: Paypal, PayId or Cash Reason for selling: NLR I sold this amp back in March this year. I took it back to repair something, and ended up buying it back. The amp is fully functional post repair, and I also use the oppurtunity to add some re-inforcement to the chassis, as well as upgrade the RCAs and binding posts.

About the amp:
      12W class A - single ended 10k input impedence (make sure your preamp can drive it) Power JFETs on the output  
      About the build:
      5U chassis Dual mono power supply (2x 300VA transformers, and 68000uF capacitance per channel, in CLC configuration) Soft start circuit High quality parts used throughout  
      I am reluctant to ship this item, as it's extremely heavy (approx 26kg), but can do so if required, and price agreed on.

If you want to learn more about the F3, here are some good resources:
      http://www.firstwatt.com/f3.html https://6moons.com/audioreviews/firstwatt4/f3.html https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pass-labs/137145-f3-builders-thread.html  
      ELECTRICAL DISCLAIMER
      This product has not been manufactured by a qualified individual or company, therefore contains electrical circuits that do not necessarily comply with Australian Standards. I understand that as the seller, I may be liable to repercussions in the event of equipment failure. By advertising and selling this product, as the seller I also agree that I am solely liable, and the publisher of this website takes no responsibility for any injury or death resulting from, whether directly or indirectly, any accident that may happen as a result of the failure of the product being sold. If in doubt, seek the services of a qualified electrician to inspect the product to ensure it is safe for use.

Photos:

• By Torben Fink-Jensen
      Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition. Suburb or Town: North Melbourne State: VIC Payment Method: EFT or Cash on pick-up preferred Reason for selling: Selling excess equipment Further information:
      I recently told a friend of mine that I was looking at upgrading my system and he asked me if I would like to borrow some of the equipment he had which he wasn't using so I could compare what I had with some alternatives. I ended up with an additional pair of speakers, a power conditioner and this Pass Labs power amplifier.

Then lockdown hit and instead of having the equipment for 2 weeks, I was lucky enough to have it for 4 months! Not only that, I have been working from home, so it has definitely been good company on the days when I haven't had too many meetings.

I don't really want to return any of it but he is not interested in selling the speakers or the power conditioner (the two items which most need upgrading in my system). He is interested in selling me this amplifier, however, it is the one item out of the three that I can't justify, so before it goes back to him, we agreed I would advertise it here. It weighs over 50kg, so hopefully you can understand the motivation of having to move it one less time.

This unit is about 3 years old, and was purchased second hand about 2 years ago. The previous owner purchased it from Class-A Audio. Current RRP is about $13k. It is in excellent condition with no visible marks. 

If money was no object, I would definitely buy it. I currently use 2 Prima Luna Prologue Power Amplifiers which themselves are highly rated, but this is a cut above especially when running in Class-A. When I bought the Prima Lunas, I thought tubes were my preference over solid state but this amp has proven that it is the outcome that is important, not the mode.

Most people will know it by reputation, but if not, there are plenty of reviews out there:

Positive feedback: http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue78/pass_xa30.htm
      6 Moons: http://6moons.com/audioreviews2/passlabs/1.html
      Dagogo: https://www.dagogo.com/pass-labs-xa30-8-class-stereo-amplifier-review
      Enjoy the music: http://enjoythemusic.com/superioraudio/equipment/1114/Pass_Laboratories_XA30_8_Power_Amplifier.htm
      Home theatre HiFi: https://hometheaterhifi.com/reviews/amplifier/power-amplifier/pass-labs-xa30-8-class-stereo-power-amplifier-review/
      Home theatre review: https://hometheaterreview.com/pass-labs-xa308-stereo-amplifier-reviewed/

If you are interested in buying, you are welcome to audition it at my house in North Melbourne. It comes with a manual, but no box, so shipping is not currently an option. 

PS If anybody wants to buy two Prima Luna Prologue Power Amplifiers instead, let me know. Maybe I will be able justify this amp after all

A donation will be made to SNA upon sale.

Photos:
      (Note the photo of the rear of the unit is from the internet, the other two are of the unit itself).

To Top