Seeking De Ox contact cleaner for Vintage Equip.

Hey Guys.

I'm on the hunt for recommended De Ox contact cleaner for my vintage equipment.

Happy to pay premium price for the good stuff that won't affect plastics etc.

Shipping may be an issue with flammable content, may have to purchase in person from Canberra.

Cheers, Ant.

Guest Muon N'

For the full rang ,maybe look to the maker.

But I just get the small bottles of cleaner and enhancer from jaycar like rodders3 linked to, I mostly use the enhancer..

Please don't confuse jaycar deoxit with caig deoxit.

Another example of china "respecting" trade marks.

If you are happy with the jaycar product then terrific. Their servisol(?) contact clean and lube is not real good.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, mbz said:

If you are happy with the jaycar product then terrific. Their servisol(?) contact clean and lube is not real good.

G'day Mike.  I was looking at Caig Deoxit on ebay, pricey stuff, which didn't really bother me for the product, but the shipping from the US put it beyond my range.  Is it available in AUS?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, BuzzzFuzzz said:

G'day Mike.  I was looking at Caig Deoxit on ebay, pricey stuff, which didn't really bother me for the product, but the shipping from the US put it beyond my range.  Is it available in AUS?

Altronics should be able to hook you up , expect to pay around $50 per spray tin though.

• Like 1

www.procontechnology.com.au
To search our website - click here.

cards.jpg

paypal.jpg

dollar.gif

DEOXIT CONTACT CLEANER

Procon Technology can supply the following electrical contact cleaners and conditioners from Caig laboratories in the USA. Please see price below and email us for quantity pricing. In Australia, call 03-98306288 now to buy!

To monthly specials price list

CLEANS ELECTRICAL CONTACTS AND LUBRICATES!

deoxit2.jpg crc2016.jpg

Click here and Click here for a video on using DeOxit on guitar/amplifier equipment.
Click here for more information on DeOxit and how to use it.
Click here for DeOxit tips of the day!

Caig DeOxit is mentioned in a number of FORD and HONDA service bulletins! So whether you're fixing a Tesla Coil (great for RF ground bolt connections) or a Tesla Electric Vehicle (EV)... try DeOxit. It has also been featured in various Automotive, Boating and Motorhome magazines! This FDA bulletin also mentions DeOxit - Click here - because it helps prevent "fretting corrosion" (contact failure) in critical health-care, hospital or medical equipment!

DeOxit products * Maximizes System Performance in Severe Environments * Improves Conductivity * Maintains Optimum Signal Quality * Reduces Wear & Abrasion * Prevents Fretting/Dendrite Corrosion * Forms Protective Anti-tarnishing Coating * Stabilizes Connections Between Similar and Dissimilar Metals * Reduces Arcing, RFI & Intermittent Connections * Lubricates * For more technical information - Click here.

You cannot possibly believe how good DeOxit and DeOxit Gold (formerly Pro-Gold) are at solving those intermittent contact problems that seem to plague almost all electrical products at some time - until you try it! Personally, I (Peter King) recommend these products myself because I know they work! I have fixed a mobile phone, a cordless phone, an electrical powerboard and an expensive Kenwood HiFi using the DeoxIT product (all within one week of first receiving the product). Problems which had plagued these products in my home and my office for years! My old contact cleaner just could not do what DeoxIT can. Please read my testimonial and many others below. You will find uses for DeoxIT in the home, in the office, in the factory, on motorbikes, cars and trucks, in boats and aircraft. In industries such as television and radio, telecommunications, security, medical and computer equipment, avionics, photography, audio and video. In fact, anywhere there is electrical or electronic products and possibly more (e.g. some people swear that it can be used on guitar strings). DeOxit is particularly good for battery contacts in digital cameras (Click here), mobile phones and any device used in outdoor or harsh "damp" or "humid" environments. Also helps prevent corrosion should batteries leak (e.g. alkaline batteries) and on car or truck battery terminals to prevent the formation of the white powder or ashy deposit. Also, we've discovered recently, DeOxit can be used on the metal surrounds to prevent further corrosion on connectors (such as D25) after being exposed to rat's urine... or other corrosive conditions! DeOxit can also be used for cleaning potentiometers and slide pots but is not recommended for cleaning keypads which use carbon based contacts... use DeOxit on the metal contacts only and then flush any residue with CT-CC350.

Ideal for use on ALL electrical contacts including; battery contacts, mobile phone SIM cards, smart card contacts, computer connections (USB and other ports and inside on power terminals and PCB edge-connectors), memory cards and sticks (e.g. SD, SDHC, MicroSD, MiniSD, MMC, SmartMedia, xD, CF-I cards) and many, many other applications! Also great for use on vintage and antique radio devices and other equipment (computer, electrical and electronic) especially those using plug-in valves! Fantasic for removing oxide from Printed Circuit Boards (PCBs) and stopping oxidization of the copper! If you're having trouble soldering components on a PCB... try using Deoxit first!

Personally, DeOxit is the product I reach for automatically when I suspect a contact problem or when I know a product is to be used in a 'harsh' environment! Outdoors, high humidity or industrial environments DeOxit is the answer! Use it BEFORE the problems start! Having noticed that the head of screws on desktop power supplies (when used in harsh or humid environments) seem to be the first to rust, I now use a small dab of DeOxit on the head of screws as a preventative measure (as a rust inhibitor).

For general cleaning I use a large spray can of CONTACT CLEANER (CT-CC350). This is a precision electronic product cleaner that evaporates and leaves no residue. Great for flushing away dust and dirt from all sorts of things and is safe on most plastics! We recommend that DeOxit spray be used on hard-to-get-to components such as pots and switches and then flush any residue away with Contact Cleaner! Note, it's important to flush away excess DeOxit on any sensitive areas such as in audio circuits. Our recommendation is not to bother purchasing FaderLube but rather use DeOxit and flush with CT-CC350 or CRC-2016. DON'T PAY "$27.50" FOR "CO CONTACT CLEANER" BUY "CT-CC350" CONTACT CLEANER INSTEAD!

KDG100L-2DB (shown above left)
Dual pack with one 7.4ml bottle (50mm high) of DeoxIT D100L-2DB and one 7.4ml bottle of DeoxIT Gold G100L-2DB. This kit is best for delicate equipment where the application must be applied precisely. Remember that all excess must be cleaned off delicate equipment! This is the best pack as it is less wasteful than the sprays and allows you to apply

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Guest Muon N'
5 hours ago, mbz said:

Anyway to confirm your suspicion?

7 minutes ago, MVJ said:

Bunnings stock a WD40 contact cleaner. I used it to clear the noisy volume pot on my amp. Costs $17.95 and worked well. 

G'day Milan.  I've read to avoid WD40 as it can affect plastics and lubricants.  Have not read anything about WD40 Contact Cleaner though.

Thanks Mate.

Ant.

• Like 1

It is different to classic WD40. The contact cleaner is residue free and fast drying. My amp is still good after a few months.

I would not use the classic on electronics. 

• Like 1

Personally, I use the DeOxIt D5 in the first instance to clean contacts which are in poor condition, or the Jaycar Servisol product for gear which doesn't have severely corroded switchgear.

https://www.jaycar.com.au/contact-cleaner-lubricant-spray-can/p/NA1012

I tend not to use 'pure' contact cleaner on its own for pots and switches, as leaving no lubricating residue is not necessarily a good thing in this application. If using a pure contact cleaner, you should follow it up with DeOxIt Faderlube or a squirt of Servisol or DeOxIt D5 or the like which leaves a lubricating residue.

Edited by pete_mac
  • Like 1

The Caig Deoxit kit is pretty useful with its supplied metal brushes. I have used the brush to remove gunk from my interconnects, RCA connectors and tube pins with a bit of Deoxit and earbuds as an after clean. The oxidisation evident on the earbuds look worst than those that come off from my ears.?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, thimmy118 said:

The Caig Deoxit kit is pretty useful with its supplied metal brushes. I have used the brush to remove gunk from my interconnects, RCA connectors and tube pins with a bit of Deoxit and earbuds as an after clean. The oxidisation evident on the earbuds look worst than those that come off from my ears.?

Did it burn your ears or was there just a slight irritation?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

If you are happy with the jaycar product then terrific.

I would probably buy it at about $20- but to me, it looks
like a copy sold at a premium price.

I'm not a big fan of altronics however they do cite Caig Labs as
the manufacturer. Interestingly Jaycar does not. Also the jaycar
product/bottle does not match the Caig bottle.

My only point being, I'm sceptical/doubtful that Jaycar is selling
Caig Deoxit.

Is the Jaycar product any good? Dunno, too expensive for a knock off.

Agree that the previously mentioned Servisol is reasonable as a lube, not
much good for removing oxidation on switches etc...

• Like 1

I would stay away from ebay, too many fake silicon etc... so why stop there.

If I had the need would probably research/try altronics, but some of their caps look questionable so maybe their other gear is also...

• Like 1

Are we talking about the same product here? I've got some of the De OxIt from Jaycar (the pack with 2 little bottles in it), and although the website description says nothing about Caig Labs, their name is on both bottles, as well as the cardboard insert of the packaging, as is the statement " Assembled in the USA from foreign and domestic parts".

• Like 3

16 hours ago, The Rock Puppy said:

Are we talking about the same product here? I've got some of the De OxIt from Jaycar (the pack with 2 little bottles in it), and although the website description says nothing about Caig Labs, their name is on both bottles, as well as the cardboard insert of the packaging, as is the statement " Assembled in the USA from foreign and domestic parts".

bought from jaycar.

001.JPG

002.JPG

• Like 1