SOLD: FS: Tube MM phono preamp

SOLD

Item:  retro-thermionic “Calibre318SE” tube phono MM preamp
Price: $510 plus postage about $20 to most states. With donation.
Item Condition: as new, 9.9/10
Reason for selling: have built a more expensive one
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info: I have built a few others of these tube phono preamps based on the better version of the Radi0kit phono kit. They have all sold. This version includes the better parts; Nichicon, Wima, Phillips, Cornell Bubilier, Vishay amd Dale. The standard tube which this build comes with are JJ 12AX7 but any direct equivalent can be rolled here. PS is external and has seperate filament and HT ccts. The HT is choke double Pi choke filtered with 400uf of filtration. The choke is a Hammond 5H choke. The filament voltage is 12.3VDC. A 24V wall wart supplies the external PS with AC. The enclosed has bituminised/heavy Al deadening. 

The phono preamp is dead quiet and a dream to listen to. Plenty of bass and a good balance all over. Very dynamic. 

ELECTRICAL DISCLAIMER
This product has not been manufactured by a qualified individual or company, therefore contains electrical circuits that do not necessarily comply with Australian Standards. I understand that as the seller, I may be liable to repercussions in the event of equipment failure. By advertising and selling this product, as the seller I also agree that I am solely liable, and the publisher of this website takes no responsibility for any injury or death resulting from, whether directly or indirectly, any accident that may happen as a result of the failure of the product being sold. If in doubt, seek the services of a qualified electrician to inspect the product to ensure it is safe for use.

Photos: 

7DA9EC5D-9E9C-4F21-AA40-00821265C2BF.jpeg

9882B50B-0DD9-4729-A3DE-2A2038D14672.jpeg

D9E8EF7C-43FC-41F2-AD82-AB8D5D6BE817.jpeg

Edited by mwhouston
  • Like 1