NLR: Good Phono Cartridge

Gijo1977

Item: Phono Cartridge - Something in the quality of a Benz Glider or DV 20x2 
Price Range: ~$1k depending on the option
Item Condition: low(wish) hours preferred
Extra Info: My cleaner has now managed to destroy a 10x5 and Benz Glider SL...... so I am on the hunt for a good option to replace them with, possibly try a new sound even. My preference would be for something with a stylus guard or cover, but I guess we will see.

The Tonearm is an Origin Live Zephyr with silver re-wire, then runs into a Brinkmann Fein and into the Primaluna Dialogue.

Edited by Gijo1977
remove red text
  • Like 1

I can attest that the Acoustical Systems Fideles as recommended by @cheekyboy is an excellent choice.  I've just changed over from a Ortofon 2M black and very happy with the Fideles.  As Cheekyboy predicted it does everything the 2M black did but better.  

• Like 2

Hey guys,

All of these offers are fantastic! Unfortunately the cleaning company wants to look at a repair option for the cart, before deciding to make amends :(

This possibly puts me in a go slow position at this price point.... very disappointing.

I am still looking at these options though :) so once I make a decision I will let you know.

11 hours ago, Gijo1977 said:

Hey guys,

All of these offers are fantastic! Unfortunately the cleaning company wants to look at a repair option for the cart, before deciding to make amends :(

This possibly puts me in a go slow position at this price point.... very disappointing.

I am still looking at these options though :) so once I make a decision I will let you know.

You could always sell the repaired cart once you get it and just grab the AS Fideles and get music spinning again in the meantime..  Having just dropped a AS Archon into my system, they are very impressive Cart manufacturer. Archon is the best Cart I've heard in my setup. The Fideles would be great bang for buck

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you to all the members who responded to my ad. I may yet hopefully take up one of your offers.

I have had to go through a process with the various parties to resolve my predicament, and that is now nearly done.

More to follow here depending on the final outcome.

Thanks for all the fantastic options offered by the crew here at SNA!

I have managed to orchestrate an amazing trade-in deal on a Shelter 9000, and am now looking at it, with a level of trepidation about installing such a high spec cartridge in my system.