SOLD: PS AUDIO Phono stage ADC ( Nuwave phono convertor)

SOLD

Item: PS AUDIO Phono stage ADC ( Nuwave phono convertor) 
Price: NEW $2595 SELL FOR $1250 OVNO INC DONATION TO SNA
Item Condition: Perfect
Reason for selling: No need have 3 other phono stages and clearing the decks. No pun intended.
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only 
Extra Info:Have suitable box, will ship etc. Very nice condition.

From PS Audio site https://www.psaudio.com/nuwave-phono-converter/

Take the best analog phono preamplifier we know how to make, combine it with a state-of-the-art Analog To Digital Converter, place them both in a hand crafted chassis, add a massive power supply, provide fully balanced class A analog outputs as well as multiple digital outputs including DSD and PCM and you have the NuWave Phono Converter.

Our expertise comes from building purist analog phono preamplifiers since 1974 and, in 1985, inventing and delivering the first high-end audio DAC in our industry.

And it is with this background of design experience and innovation that we address today’s need for a no-compromise device that bridges the gap between the very best analog and digital audio systems. The PS Audio NuWave Phono Converter.

Use the NPC as your analog source feeding any DAC or preamplifier. Archive your analog collection of vinyl, tape or simply enjoy your records without compromise. Analog, DSD, PCM, the NPC has it all.

“I can’t think of any product that impressed me as much… Review unit = purchased!” John Darko, DAR.

PS Audio’s NuWave Phono Converter (NPC) is a new category that combines a state-of-the-art analog phono preamplifier and analog DSD/PCM converter together in a world’s first. This is high resolution audio at its best. The NPC is a no-compromise approach to vinyl and analog reproduction in a high end audio system. The NPC accepts inputs from any analog source from tuners to turntables.

“The sound is divine!” Karl Sigman, Audiophilia

This means users can input anything from an iPod to a $100,000 turntable setup, connecting the output of the NPC directly to a DAC, computer or preamplifier. Once connected, you can play vinyl discs or any analog source either directly into your preamplifier, through the NPC’s analog outputs, or DAC through the NPC’s multiple asynchronous digital outputs. You can also connect the NPC to your computer and RIP (record) to your heart’s content in either double DSD or 192kHz 24 bit PCM.

This is the device you need if you’re going to build a library. The NPC produces both DSD and PCM from its digital outputs and high resolution fully balanced analog from its audio outputs. Use the NPC as the vinyl heart of your purely analog setup or digital setup. Either way, albums and analog sources of all types come alive with the NuWave Phono Converter.

http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/ps-audio-nuwave-phono-converter/
Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

IMG_7976[1].jpg

IMG_7981.jpg

IMG_7980.jpg

IMG_7983.jpg

IMG_7976.jpg

IMG_7977.jpg

Edited by Eagleeyes
This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Esoterica
      Item Condition: Like new Shipping Options: Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: Mudgee State: NSW Payment Method: Paypal or bank deposit Reason for selling: NLR Further information:

Bought this new around 6 months ago and used it for only a few hours.

Great budget phono. Only selling, as I already had a Pro-Ject DS on laybuy at the time, which I've been using as my phono pre for the last 4 or 5 months.

As you can see, everything is as if you bought brand new, with all original packaging etc. included. No marks or anything on the two boxes that I could see. There are what kind of looks like scratches in the first pic. They are actually the brushed aluminium or steel fascias, which is attractive, but difficult to capture with my iPad camera!

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item
      - if you have previously sold items and not made a donation, your advertisement may not be approved.
    • By Brewbie
      Item: Pro-Ject Tube Box DS2 Phono Preamplifier
      Price Range: A reasonable figure
      Item Condition: Used or demo
      Extra Info:

Looking for a new phono pre. I have my eye on this to sit in front of PS Audio Class D and Klipsch Forte III (and round off some edges with the tube stage).

If you have something else you think might tickle my fancy I am happy to consider.

• By davidSun
      Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Pymble State: NSW Payment Method: Cash, paypal (friends) Reason for selling: Upgrading Further information:
      This unit comes with an upgraded 12AU7 Mullard (NOS) tube. Original Chinese tube is included.
      Provides a spacious  sound stage with dark background ( low noise) on MM.
      Coupled with a SUT, it really sings (MC), and sounds high-end ( LP12/Denon DL-103R).
      Best suited with SS amp. Enjoyed this with my Sansui AU-717.
      Punches way above the asking price. 
      Selling as I require more gain flexibility with my audio research preamplifier and I have contracted the Itch Upgradivitis bug😁 (SNA mutation).

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item
      - if you have previously sold items and not made a donation, your advertisement may not be approved.

• By nedrum
      Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Thornbury State: VIC Payment Method: Bank Transfer or CoD Reason for selling: Upgraded Further information:
      Purchased new from phonopreamps.com a number of years ago. Work as well today as the day I got it and looks brand new. Selling as I've upgraded, but the difference is marginal if anything. Includes AU power cable, but no RCA's.
      https://www.phonopreamps.com/tc750pp.html

Happy to ship although I'm not sure if it's worth it!

Donation to be made on successful sale

Photos:

• By PKay
      Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Artarmon State: NSW Payment Method: Cash, EFT, Paypal as friend Reason for selling: Opportunity for something else has come up Further information:  This unit is about 2 years old is an Australian import not Grey.  It is in fantastic condition and the only thing missing is the two screws for the back plate.  It is an expression of interest as I am not 100% certain on the potential replacement phono.  There are so many reviews on this phono and in this case the reviewers do get it right (mostly).  It has two MC input and huge flexibility with cartridge loading basically any load able to be purchased up to 47k.  I have bought approx $100 of resistors I will include.  The most exotic being some vishay foil 120 ohms and vishay metal 250 ohms.  At my price it represents incredible buying being 45% of the retail price.

Power supply
      The Audia Flight Phono Preamp's power supply is separate from the preamp chassis. A 50VA toroidal transformer supplies the analogue stages. On it is placed the first power supply (+/- 38V).
      Inside the separate power supply there is a 15VA toroidal transformer as well, to supply the relays and logic control. Previous user selections are stored in memory. To receive the commands from the pushbutton of the preamp chassis without electrical connections, several opto-isolators are used.

There is also a low noise MOSFET power supply (+/-28V) on the preamp chassis for the second gain stage and another power supply for the first gain stage (+/- 15V). Thus, there are six power supplies in total!

Preamp
      The Audia Flight Phono Preamp is based on Audia Flight's current feedback philosophy. The MC and MM input preamp boards are different, because MC and MM cartridges have different electrical characteristics. The MC preamp board is a transistor input preamp with 64 dB of gain. The MM preamp board is a differential transistor input stage with 40dB of gain. Both have low noise and low offset output. On both input boards, the impedance selectors are close to the input stage and are made by professional gold jumpers. Custom resistors can also be used for precise cartridge matching from the rear panel.

After the first gain stage is the input selector, which is made with gold contact relays. Following this is the RIAA filter in passive configuration. It is made with 1% polypropylene and polystyrene capacitors. In this position, it's possible to select a subsonic IEC filter as well.

The second gain output stage, which is completely redesigned, has improved speed and signal-to-noise (S/N) ratio. The second gain stage is switchable from 24 dB to 34 dB and has a balanced XLR output.

A mono selector is an important element in achieving the best sound while using a stereo cartridge to play a mono record. The Audia Flight Preamp's mono selector sums the left and right channels together in the same manner as a mono cartridge would, which provides improved sonic performance.

The Preamp board features DC offset protection; if there is an offset voltage, this feature will protect the unit and all others connected to it.

The disassembled phono preamp as pictured . Featured are the motherboard (middle), the input preamp boards (top), the second gain stage output boards (left), and the XLR output boards (right).

Technical Data
      Gain MC 64 dB + 10 dB (74 dB in total) / MM 44 dB + 10 dB (54 dB in total)
      Frequency response (1Wrsm, -3db) 5Hz - 120 KHz
      THD <0.05%
      S/N ratio >90dB “A” weighted
      RIAA accuracy +/- 0.1 dB
      Channel Unbalance <0.04 dB
      Stereo separation >95 dB @ 10 KHz
      MC input impedance from 7 ohm to 980 ohm in eight steps plus a custom resistor value
      MM input impedance from 47pF to 600 pF in twelve steps plus a custom capacitor value
      Output impedance All outputs 500 ohm
      Phase Non inverted
      Maximum consumption 65W
      Dimensions and weight 420x92x330mm (WxHxD), 10.5 Kg
      Shipping dimensions and weight 570x270x570mm (WxHxD), 13 Kg

Fremer on Stereophile
      https://www.stereophile.com/phonopreamps/audia_flight_phono_preamplifier/index.html

Summing Up
      The Phono produced maximum musical excitement with all musical genres, and with both MM and MC cartridges. Its harmonic presentation and delivery of musical flow probably won't satisfy die-hard tube fanatics in search of that "golden glow," but if you're okay with solid-state—and I am—the Audia Flight Phono is a set-it-and-forget-it product that you happily will forget is contributing to the musical presentation. It just gets out of the way and lets the notes roll.
      With its good looks, convenient front-panel controls (including Mono and +10dB on demand), and high-tech and equally high build quality, the Audia Flight Phono is a superbly made product that produces superb sound—and, at US$6100, is a superb value. I could live happily ever after with this pleasant surprise from Italy.

Hifi news review.

https://www.hifinews.com/content/audia-flight-phono-£3500

VERDICT
      Sound quality from Audia’s Flight Phono is in the super league, capable of bringing out the very best from whatever cartridge you have residing in your turntable’s tonearm. Thanks to its fabulously low noise floor and subjectively huge dynamic range it will have you reappraising your record collection late into the night, time and again. Price is up there in the super league too, but if it’s the very best you’re seeking... 

Positive feedback 
      https://positive-feedback.com/Issue48/audia_flight.htm
      Conclusion
      The Audio Flight Phono is a good example of contemporary solid-state design. Yes, it sounds solid-state, but it avoids most of the pitfalls associated with that topology. The top-end has good body with no treble harshness. Its noise level is non-existent, yet gain is quite sufficient for even low output MC cartridges. In truth, it manages to do everything well; the issues present are minor.
      Two things are outstanding. It has a kicker low-end capable of unfurling massive crescendos—dynamic range is well beyond expectation—and it remains composed while doing so. Second, soundstage clarity is notable. Transparency and dimensionality are heightened. I found it one of the few phono stages that can satisfactorily play the BIG symphonic works.
      But, like most mid-price solid-state designs, what you won't hear is a lot of bloom. While I had no trouble making positive ID of the various instruments, my toe-tapping foot would have been more active if timbre had been more developed.
      All in all, for those of us who like solid-state gear, the Audio Flight Phono is a strong contender at its price point. Once setup, you can forget about it and enjoy. Marshall Nack

Photos:

PLEASE READ

To Top