SOLD: Stunning Upgraded LP12

SOLD

Item: Linn LP12 with Armageddon and Cart
Price: $5000 ovno and donation to SNA on sale
Item Condition: Immaculate
Reason for selling: Possible change of direction
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, bank Transfer
Extra Info: Stunning Linn LP12 full package rebuilt by Harry York of Audio Genesis in Sydney 2 years ago. New Linn walnut plinth, Cirkus bearing, immaculate Ittok V11 arm with Audio Technica OC9/11 moving coil cartridge,

Tangerine Audio sub chassis (Linn Keel equivalent retailing at approx $2600 alone), Naim Armageddon power supply . Full Naim packaging for the Armageddon  Full new double boxed Linn packaging for the LP12. This is a breathtaking example that sounds sublime. More detailed pics and information available on request. This is a very special example and you will not find many around like this! Not currently considering splitting as I would like to sell as a complete package. 

Pictures:

LP12..jpg

Naim Armageddon and Hicap.jpg

AT OC9 11.jpg

LP12...jpg

• Like 9

Excuse my ignorance, but which of the 3 NAIM boxes in the photo are included with the turntable?  I googled. NAIM Armageddon and it looks different to those in the screen shot.

That Walnut Plinth looks fantastic.

On 08/08/2019 at 4:05 PM, needlerunner said:

Man, l would never sell it.

I feel really sad, and it's not even mine. But l guess we do what we have to do.

Sorry Needlerunner to upset you, wth 4 decks, two need to go so letting the market pick for me.????

All the best mate. Should sell easy.
Seems like you are getting out of vinyl?
Which direction are you heading into?
Actually just clicked (too many red wines).
You have 4 turntables. Which one's will you keep? They must be crackers...If better than this.
This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By donmj
      Item Condition: Like New Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition. Suburb or Town: HOUGANG Payment Method: PayNow, Cash Reason for selling: Extra I have already changed my amps to tubes. These are now packed into their original double boxes and awaiting sale.
      Mint condition. Not used much.
      About 2 Years old. 5 Year Warranty.
      Local set from authorised dealer.
      Box and receipt included.
      Still have about 3 years warranty .

1. STP-SE Pre Amplifier

2. ST 1000 Mk II Stereo Power Amplifier (480W per channel into 8 Ohms. 725W per channel into 4 Ohms). Drive any speaker you want. Even planar speakers.

• By Crawf Weir
      Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition. Suburb or Town: Paddington State: NSW Payment Method: Cash Reason for selling: Financial reasons Take the first step into high performance vinyl playback. And close the door behind you, you won't be turning back. Experience the iconic Sondek LP12 in an affordable package, powered by carefully selected Linn-engineered components.
      Also includes:  
      Linn Lingo 2 power supply and clear audio phone pre amp
      Trampolin - Suspended feet for additional isolation

d
    • By Crawf Weir
      Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition. Suburb or Town: Paddington State: NSW Payment Method: Cash Reason for selling: Financial reasons Further information:

Take your first step into authentic hi-fi with Majik DSM. One box does it all: just add speakers. The powerful combination of network music player, pre-amp and power amp, all in one timeless package, is peerless.
      Majik DSM has all the connectivity to handle anything you throw at it, wired or wirelessly via WiFi or Bluetooth. Tidal, Qobuz, Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon Music, your own stored music collection… Whether you're streaming music or using one of the many inputs to plug in your 4K TV, Sky box, Apple TV, Games Console… even a turntable, with Majik DSM at the heart of all your home entertainment you’ll get the best possible sound from everything you listen to, in one room or many.
      Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item
      - if you have previously sold items and not made a donation, your advertisement may not be approved.
    • By Audionerd
      Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Ivanhoe East State: VIC Payment Method: Cash, Bank Transfer or Paypal Reason for selling: NLR Further information: Most likely the best example of this model you will ever come across as a complete setup, being in almost faultless condition and fitted with a Linn Akito tonearm and top-of-the-line Ortofon 2M Black MM cartridge. Never needing repair but set up and upgraded by turntable maestro Rick Powell, who rates the Akito ahead of an Ittok for musicality. It comes with special mat, upgraded RCA plugs and Michell clamp as a bonus.

This turntable model has flown under the radar compared to the more renowned LP12, but apart from sharing some of its sonic virtues, the Axis has certain advantages.  Speed is selected at the press of a button rather than the clumsy 45rpm adaptor needed for earlier LP12s. The rear plinth houses an IEC socket, allowing a potential power cable upgrade.( I can include a standard power lead, or a choice of audiophile grade leads at extra cost. The quality of this particular turntable warrants such an upgrade and makes a joke of the earlier LP12 thin lamp-chord power lead). Being solid-mounted rather than sprung means that set up is simpler and less temperamental. Some would argue that solid mounting produces more "solid" bass, but what can't be argued is that transportation is much more straightforward. I certainly would have no qualms packing safely for interstate freight.

Price is firm. Given the value of an Akito arm in superb condition and lightly used 2M Black sold separately, the turntable comes almost free in this package. Very practical and hassle-free, with exceptional cost-performance.
      Donation to SNA on sale.

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item
      - if you have previously sold items and not made a donation, your advertisement may not be approved.

• By dcathro
      Item Condition: Very Good - see description Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available. Suburb or Town: Blackburn North State: VIC Payment Method: Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: NLR -need funds Further information:

I have owned this turntable since the late 90's (2nd owner) and bought it off someone in the UK. The turntable is from the late 70's, and does NOT have the Cirkus bearing or the Valhalla power supply. The turntable worked fine when I last used it at a Melbourne Audio Club event, but I cannot find the belt (I took it off when in storage), and I don't have a phono stage anymore to play it through.

The plinth is in really nice shape and is a light honey coloured afromosia. The top plate is in nice shape with just a couple of light scratches. The lid is missing. 
      New springs were put in about 12 years ago, and the turntable has had little use since then. The felt mat has a few holes in it .

The arm is a Rega 250 with the counter weight modification, incognito rewire, and paint removed  and arm polished.

The cartridge is the ASAK which was the last of the Japanese Supex cartridges made for Linn.

Photos:

PLEASE READ

To Top