Hello from Adelaide!

xis

Hi there, I signed up a while ago while researching for a new Home Theatre system. Just recently I started browsing for a new subwoofer and realised I hadn't posted anything on the forums!

A bit about my audio history: up until a few weeks ago I had one of the original Sony Muteki systems from 2005. The included receiver was pre-HDMI and back then they came with active subwoofers. I'm sure people are shuddering but it actually served me well! I upgraded the amplifier many years ago to a second hand Onkyo SR876. Audyssey tuning gave it a lease on life and made it all sound a lot better. After hearing some friends setups  though I began noticing the deficiencies: the center and surrounds were very tinny and didn't seem to match the fronts, and the subwoofers didn't produce clean bass or have any real impact despite having two of them.

I recently bought some entry-level Klipsch speakers (R-820F fronts,  R-52C center and R-51M surrounds) and the difference is night and day. To me it sounds like a cinema! Now I'm on the hunt for a suitable sub. At first I demoed the SVS SB1000 and the REL HT/1003 and wasn't impressed. They didn't have the impact or low-end ability I'm looking for. So I'm thinking I'll need to up the budget and get something much more powerful!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Music monster

Well done with the klipsch speakers. I to use klipsch in my home theatre setup. Gary the music monster ?