SOLD: FS: Audio Note - DAC1 Signature, M1 PreAmp, and Quest SE 300B Monoblocks

SOLD

Items:

1) Audio Note DAC1 Signature

2) Audio Note M1 Pre-Amplifier

3) Audio Note Quest Single Ended 300B Monoblock Valve Power Amplifiers (Pair)

Location: Camberwell, Vic 3124.  Pickup only or you are welcome to arrange your own courier.

Condition: Very Good – no major scratches or dents.  

Price:

1) DAC1 Signature = $1000

2) M1 Pre-Amplifier = $1000

3) 300B Monoblock Amplifiers (Pair) = $4750

All items were purchased about 12 years ago from a store called Absolute High End in Hawthorn, Vic.  The store is no longer there, but I still have the receipts.  I wasn't sure how to price these so I've set a price at 50% of what was listed in those receipts, which I thought would be fair and reasonable.  

Note that I’m happy to sell them individually or, if anybody is interested you can buy them as a whole package and I’ll take $500 off (so it would be $6250 for the lot).

Reason for selling:

Am actually reluctantly selling as these were originally bought by my father who is no longer with us.  However I find that nowadays I very rarely sit down to play a CD (as sad as that sounds) so this equipment is simply not getting the listening that it deserves.  Music in my house plays in multiple rooms from a variety of digital sources ranging from internet streaming through to networked attached storage.  So I’ve decided to reconfigure my audio setup to suit life.

Payment:  Paypal or Cash on Pickup

Info: As you would expect from Audio Note, this system (in my less than expert opinion) is beautifully sweet sounding.  The clarity and detail is not lost, but somehow everything just softens like a warm blanket.  I’ve also found that this system (i.e. the combination of these three specific components) seem to complement each other beautifully.  I’ve tried swapping a different DAC or a different AMP in the past, but have always ended up back with these three together.  It’s like they were made for each other (which I guess was Audio Note’s intention!).

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

20190803_125633.jpg

20190803_125648.jpg

20190803_125702.jpg

20190803_125738.jpg

20190803_125834.jpg

20190803_125846.jpg

20190803_125859.jpg

20190803_130334.jpg

20190803_130349.jpg

20190803_130359.jpg

20190803_130409.jpg

20190803_130420.jpg

• Like 5
41 minutes ago, Demondes said:

Nice is that a copper plate on the 300b amps?

I think so, it looks like copper to me, but I wouldn't know how to find out for sure.

40 minutes ago, audiodyna said:

May I know the weight of the M1 ?

Just wonder how much it will cost to send it to Perth.

The M1 Pre-Amp is about 8-9kg according to my bathroom scale.  Note that I don't have any of the original packaging so if you wanted to send it to Perth, I'm hoping you know a really reliable courier?

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By pdcoo7
      Item Condition: Used Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Mosman State: NSW Payment Method: PayPal as friend or add 3%, COD, PayID Reason for selling: NLR Further information:
      Well reviewed tube preamp comprising of a single miniature tube. Not worked out in my powered speaker system as gain control was too low ie couldn’t dial past ? without too much output. Smoothness and warmth however were immediately obvious after about 30 minutes warm up

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item
    • By denimhunter
      Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available. Suburb or Town: North carlton State: Victoria Payment Method: Bank transfer Reason for selling: Too many cartridges Further information:

An early example of Kondo design Audio Note io mc phono cartridge. 
      I purchased this from Japan and had the cartridge checked and retipped by ANA Mighty sound in France.  Retipped with Van del haul stylus.  Damper have been checked and suspension rebuilt.  Coil is silver original.

So this is literally a New cartridge.
      Played for about 20 hours for testing since rebuilt.  They are quite rare and hardly come up for sale.  The cost of the rebuilt alone is in excess of $2000.
      I have quite a few cartridges so just have to let go some to better home.

Known as one of the best low output mc cartridge designed by Kondo san.  Output 0.1 mv with 1 ohm impedance so will work with a minimum of x30 step up ratio and high gain phono stage.

ANA mighty sound is highly reputable cartridge repairer and builder in France.
      Their Sculpture A3 cartridges were used by Thomas Schick, Frank Schroeder in Sibatone (western electric), Vitus and Thrax demo rooms among others in the recent 2019 Munich high end show.

Additional info for those interested:
      http://anamightysound.com/
      https://www.tonepublications.com/analogaholic/ana-mighty-sound/

François from Ana mighty have repaired and rebuilt Koetsu and SPU for me previously.  They are always careful to ensure the original sound signature of the cartridge design are retained, especially for the classics like koetsu and AN/Kondo.

Note: headshell Not included in the sale.

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved
    • By denimhunter
      Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: North carlton State: Victoria Payment Method: Bank transfer Reason for selling: Surplus An early example of Audio Note-Kondo io mc phono cartridge. 
      I purchased this from Japan and had the cartridge checked and retipped by ANA Mighty sound in France 2019.  Retipped with Van del haul stylus.  Damper have been checked and suspension rebuilt.  Coil is original.

So this is literally a New cartridge.
      Played no more than 50 hours for testing since rebuilt.  They are quite rare and hardly come up for sale.  The cost of the rebuilt alone is in excess of $2000.
      I have quite a few cartridges so just have to let go some to better home.

Known as one of the best low output mc cartridge designed by Kondo san.  
      Output 0.1 mv with 1 ohm impedance, 
      so will work with a minimum of x30 step up ratio and high gain phono stage.

ANA mighty sound is highly reputable cartridge repairer and builder in France.
      Their Sculpture A3 cartridges were used by Thomas Schick, Frank Schroeder in Sibatone (western electric), Vitus and Thrax demo rooms among others in the recent 2019 Munich high end show.

Additional info for those interested:
      http://anamightysound.com/
      https://www.tonepublications.com/analogaholic/ana-mighty-sound/

François from Ana mighty have repaired and rebuilt Koetsu and original ortofon SPU for me previously.  They are always careful to ensure the original parts are used and the originality of the cartridge design are retained as much as possible, especially for the classics like koetsu and AN/Kondo.

Photos:

• By MooCow
      Item: Audio Note Trans-152 Output Transformers
      Price: 320 for pair
      Item Condition: Used
      Reason for selling: Upgraded to c-cores
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info: These are genuine Audio Note Trans-152 OPTs that have been in use on an Audio Note 300b SET.  I have upgraded to AN Trans-305 c-cores.

Specs: https://www.hificollective.co.uk/catalog/trans152-p-366.html

Replacement cost approx $800.

Can ship in quality packaging.

• By MooCow
      Item: Audio Note DAC 2.1 level C 
      Price: 1700
      Item Condition: Used
      Reason for selling: Surplus
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only. Can post.
      Extra Info:

Audio Note Kits DAC 2.1 level C.  Audio Note's highly regarded 1x oversampling approach with an Analogue Devices 1865 dac chip and transformer coupling.  These DACs are as musical as all get out and often referred to as having that "analogue" sound.

For a time this was known as the DAC 3.1 and now the closest new kit is the DAC 2.1 Signature. Currently US $1650 as a kit.

This is an early kit so it still contains Audio Note parts.  It is built with genuine Audio Note Tantalum resistors, and in the power supply a combination of Audio Note copper, Kasei (newly upgraded) and Black Gate capacitors, and Mundorf M-Tube caps. Signal board caps are Black Gate and Jupiter bees wax signal caps. Valves are all relatively new and currently Tung-Sol 6x5, Phillips 5687, and Siemens ECL 82.

A USB board is available from ANKits and there is plenty of potential to tinker with these to get the sound dialed-in to your liking. Configured with AES and BNC inputs which could easily be changed to an RCA.

ELECTRICAL DISCLAIMER
      This product has not been manufactured by a qualified individual or company, therefore contains electrical circuits that do not necessarily comply with Australian Standards. As the advertiser I do not warrant that the product complies with Australia Standards or is free of defects and accept no liability for the repercussions in the event of equipment failure including for any injury or death resulting from, whether directly or indirectly, any accident that may happen as a result of the failure of the product being sold. The publisher of this website is in no way liable and takes no responsibility for any injury or death resulting from, whether directly or indirectly, any accident that may happen as a result of the failure of the product being sold. If in doubt, seek the services of a qualified electrician to inspect the product to ensure it is safe for use.

To Top