General Headphone Chat

It’s such a personal choice, comfort, audio characteristics, amp synergy, build quality… and of course cost

If can you list your criteria, it’s easier to talk you out or into something. 

I would not buy the hd6xx if you have a top of the line dac and amp for example. And if you know you want to stick to high impedance cans for the future the amp synergy can be built around that. I chose a low impedance future having has the hd800 for a while I needed a change to bass slam… that said some amps like the Auris nirvana allow impedance changes (an end game amp). But of course not everybody is planning an end game in that direction.

With that said I’d second the utopia as the best all round headphone, albeit a bit pricey. I’d never part with my abyss 1266 however.

Don’t think I talked you out of a solid choice but hope I’ve asked the right questions,

t

• Like 1

I have a JDS Labs Element 3 with the boosted power. This is all I want/need. Headphones wise I have Edition XS and Aeon Noire. I am just wanting a dynamic driver for a bit of a different flavour, something with a bit more punch in the bass. I know long term I am better saving for something nicer, so am trying my best to do that! I definitely will never be spending Utopia money though (plus I havent put on a pair of focals that I find comfortable).

1 minute ago, Andre28 said:

I have a JDS Labs Element 3 with the boosted power. This is all I want/need. Headphones wise I have Edition XS and Aeon Noire. I am just wanting a dynamic driver for a bit of a different flavour, something with a bit more punch in the bass. I know long term I am better saving for something nicer, so am trying my best to do that! I definitely will never be spending Utopia money though (plus I havent put on a pair of focals that I find comfortable).

Honestly look into denon ahd 9200 if you are looking for closed back options

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Andre28 said:

6xx wont give you punch in bass!

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Bengineer said:

6xx wont give you punch in bass!

Good to know! I assumed it did for some reason, but this just proves to me even more I should go to a store and listen to some cans.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Yifang said:

Honestly look into denon ahd 9200 if you are looking for closed back options

Have heard good things. Closed dynamics might be on the cards one day, but open are the priority for now.

• 2 months later...
19 minutes ago, ald0s said:

Does anyone know the easiest way to get a SW51+ SET headphone amp to Australia? Can they post it from Russia or is that a no go zone? If anyone has one i'm looking!

You have better chance to get reply on sbaf forum

• Like 1

• 4 months later...