Legend Joey or Kurre for AV setup

I have a 4m (length) x 4.5m (width) room. Distance from the seated position to the TV is roughly 2.5 - 3m.

The AV receiver will likely be either the (1) Denon AVR-X3500H or (2) Marantz SR5013. They both produce 100w @ 8 ohm, (20 Hz - 20 kHz, 0.08% 2ch Drive). I am unsure what the term '2ch Drive' refers to, do they only produce that power when driven 2 channels, less for all 7 channels?

I am considering either the Legend Joey or Kurre for my mains. Kurlo or Kurlette for the sub.

I am concerned that the Kurres will:

(1) Lack current (as have been mentioned in other threads) with the AV amp 

(2) Introduce an overabundance of low end for my smallish room

The concern with the Joey is that it will not get loud enough for home theater duties.

Can anyone familiar with the Legends share your thoughts and advice, thank you.

As a prior legend kanga owner ... I’d say use them ... all around :) including for centre :)

they’re a great speaker and if feel too big for rears go the joey

these have plenty of output for sized room

@legend is in the house can also suggest what feels appropriate given knowledge across the range :)

3 hours ago, aprib said:

The AV receiver will likely be either the (1) Denon AVR-X3500H or (2) Marantz SR5013. They both produce 100w @ 8 ohm, (20 Hz - 20 kHz, 0.08% 2ch Drive). I am unsure what the term '2ch Drive' refers to, do they only produce that power when driven 2 channels, less for all 7 channels?

Yes.

3 hours ago, aprib said:

I am considering either the Legend Joey or Kurre for my mains. Kurlo or Kurlette for the sub.

I am concerned that the Kurres will:

(1) Lack current (as have been mentioned in other threads) with the AV amp 

(2) Introduce an overabundance of low end for my smallish room

(1) If you get an AVR amplfier with pre-outputs and I think the models you're looking at do then you can add power amplifier(s) later if there is a problem.

(2) Don't be. For a Home Theatre setup you typically crossover (some) bass to the subwoofer.

Both Denon and Marantz have Audyssey to somewhat overcome bass problems in room.

Edited by Satanica