Billie Eilish

Billie and her producer co writer brother are very talented.    My youngest daughter got me to buy her mini ep from last year - Dont Smile At Me.   Its excellent.  Currently waiting on her first full length album to arrive on vinyl.

My daughter is going to see her live at the end of this month.

On 2 April 2019 at 9:31 PM, SPR08Y said:

My kids obsessed with her! Agree, I like her too. Can see me forking out for concert tickets should she tour....... 17yo son, 15yo daughter, both spoilt! 

Is it politically correct to quote yourself? Apparently the concert tickets sold out in a heartbeat, I do believe I would have paid for them if my daughter and her friends had managed to secure some! (I have just been informed of such things, we do communicate - when it suits her, I laugh!) 

• Like 1

When at a mates place playing pool over the weekend, he put on 'Bury a Friend'.  I asked him to play it three times.  I checked out some other tracks on youtube as soon as I got home.  Short, sweet and hypnotic and should make for some wicked (longer) remixes.  I would love to be out clubbing in the right place with this music.

A nice one to pick up on vinyl hopefully.

Cheers.

Ant.

• Like 2

• 10 months later...

does Billy Eilish have a k-pop or k-rock connection ? heard this at the JBL night last night, have heard some of her other tracks but not this one, when heard it kpop/krock first thing thought off :D 

one heck of a video wth some attitude though...gosh ! 

• Like 3

been listening to 

WHEN WE ALL FALL ASLEEP, WHERE DO WE GO?

71SHkMeVdhL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

and Dont smile at me 

61VFNQJ-HLL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

on iTunes as bit of time on the road today...

such different albums.... the bad guy song indeed threw as to be honest songs  from the previous "Dont smile at me" album...and are really quite different. infact the "WHEN WE ALL FALL ASLEEP, WHERE DO WE GO?" album has a lot more attitude, hard edge hitting aspect  to it vs the previous album release... and to be honest I really like both for their own reasons...

stopped by JB on way home picked up the "WHEN WE ALL FALL ASLEEP, WHERE DO WE GO?" on cd...asked about the previous album and got a blank stare on looking up it seems JB dont even stock it ? on vinyl perhaps ? said i didnt mind on vinyl but didnt have that either ...... hmmm...

anyways cant wait to hear on CD on the main system :D 

ps amazonau does seem to have both albums on either vinyl or cd if looking ...

• Like 1

listening to the CD of WHEN WE ALL FALL ASLEEP, WHERE DO WE GO?

on the main system....

WOW !

lets take the last track "Goodbye" 

so expansive the sound stage and it feels like you are on a boat floating down a river of sub bass.... and then the song ends... and the way it ends :D

Lot of the music is going to annoy a lot of folks though i also suspect just in her style of singing (muffled nature) there is a lot of distortion baked in as well...some may not like style of bass etc.

I mentioned yesterday to daughter (age 11). she straight away said huge fan...she said whole school is mad about her ! she says she loves the songs but the words so depressing :D 

the album is black ! clearly some goth thing going on with it all ! 

my wife watched the 'bad guy' video on youtube...she just said she feels old after watching it ... what is this music she says ! hehe

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

We've got an 18 yr old with us, so this has been on high rotation in our house for 2 years.

The latest album is recorded very hot indeed - distortion is 'baked in' by her bro (Finneas, the Producer) as a modern ethos, on purpose.

I think a lot of internet reviewers of the vinyl copies of late have missed that....

Edited by candyflip
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, candyflip said:

I think a lot of internet reviewers of the vinyl copies of late have missed that....

I'e ordered the vinyl...the EP is apparently red vinyl and latest LP release yellow vinyl ! I thought one would at least be black given the goth theme. anyways lets see what they are like on vinyl when turn up ! :) 

• Like 1

On 25/02/2020 at 11:10 AM, betty boop said:

have heard some of her other tracks but not this one,

Can't believe you only heard Bad Guy for the first time on Monday. That's some rock you've been under. It topped JJJ Hottest 100 and Kia (I think) are using it in a heavy rotation TV ad. She's quite original which I really like, but like most stuff I like which is a bit different, my wife hates it so I rarely get to listen to the vinyl.

On 22/04/2019 at 1:04 PM, BuzzzFuzzz said:

I would love to be out clubbing in the right place with this music

The bass is so heavy and deliberately distorted on Bad Guy I find it sounds worse the louder you go. It was played between support and main act at the recent U2 concert at Marvel stadium and sounded bloody terrible, despite a fantastic sound generally.

Edited by blybo
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, betty boop said:

I'e ordered the vinyl...the EP is apparently red vinyl and latest LP release yellow vinyl ! I thought one would at least be black given the goth theme. anyways lets see what they are like on vinyl when turn up ! :) 

I’ve got the yellow vinyl and finding the pressing good, considering the recording techniques used.

• Like 2

@blyboyes just not heard that track, cosy under my own rock no doubt ! but have heard some of her other stuff over last few years...dont often listen to JJJ these days - mostly did in the early to mid 90s :D , missed the top 100...life and other things :D  definitely original. bad guy is non typical of other music of hers I have heard though, most are melody and instrumentations greatly. though certainly quite a mix in there. she really seems quite diverse. where bad guy is got definite k-pop/rock thing going on, to electro pop to many of her stuff is just pop to goodness what.

definitely she is a phenomenon. thats she has done a bond theme pretty much says it all I think...interestingly done too that song, definitely pays good homage to bond themes of old with some riffs and things, but with her own style to singing and music. I'm a big bond theme fan :D from the very early ones...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, awayward said:

I’ve got the yellow vinyl and finding the pressing good, considering the recording techniques used.

well thats good to hear ! I am impression coloured vinyl is not always a good thing sounds wise ! but good its worked out well in this case :)

• Like 1

ps for those buying the WHEN WE ALL FALL ASLEEP, WHERE DO WE GO? CD

a bit of a tip. try buy in store as jb has two versions a 2019 and a 2020. marked as such with the price sticker. only difference is one is just your cardboard sleeve (2020). the other the 2019 release has a proper plastic CD holder base set in a cardboard sleeve. I grabbed the 2019 as prefer the solid base for protection. those wanting less plastic might go for more recent release. 

4 minutes ago, betty boop said:

definitely she is a phenomenon. thats she has done a bond theme pretty much says it all I think

Yeah I really like the Bond theme. Can definitely tell it's Bond but still uniquely Billie too.

• Like 1