music selector

movers

hi , im looking for a music selector , i think thats what they are called where i can have audio in lounge room , the have wires ran through the house to bedrooms , kitchen dining etc connected to speakers , and when i want to listen to music in certain room , i select the button from hifi setup in lounge room , hope someone can assist please

On 28/02/2019 at 9:56 PM, movers said:

hi , im looking for a music selector , i think thats what they are called where i can have audio in lounge room , the have wires ran through the house to bedrooms , kitchen dining etc connected to speakers , and when i want to listen to music in certain room , i select the button from hifi setup in lounge room , hope someone can assist please

I use a 4-way Niles SSVC-4 for doing precisely that.  :)

It has an attenuator knob for each output, so you can adjust for the different speaker efficiencies; you can have any combo from 1 - 4 speakers working simultaneously (it appears to have some sort of resistor setup under the hood, which means the amp plugged into the Niles unit doesn't see a load which drops to a dangerous level, the more speakers are working simultaneously)

Andy