New member from Melbourne

Tharg

Hi,

I am new here and new to forums in general. I know that is an odd thing to state but I find talking more comfortable than typing.

But I would like to be part of the community. Listening to records is my favourite way to relax.

I upgrade slowly and am pretty happy with the sound I have at the moment but I will soon upgrade my turntable and phono stage.

My system consists of the following:

Speakers:vAurum Cantus Leisure Series 2

Integrated Amplifier: Sheng Ya A10CS

Phono Stage: Nad 3020A

Turntable: Rega Planar 3, ADC LMF 2 tonearm, ADC XLM2 cartridge

Digital: Pioneer N70A

Disks: Pioneer dv655a

• Like 2

Hi,

I am new here and new to forums in general. I know that is an odd thing to state but I find talking more comfortable than typing.

But I would like to be part of the community. Listening to records is my favourite way to relax.

I upgrade slowly and am pretty happy with the sound I have at the moment but I will soon upgrade my turntable and phono stage.

My system consists of the following:

Speakers:vAurum Cantus Leisure Series 2
Integrated Amplifier: Sheng Ya A10CS
Phono Stage: Nad 3020A
Turntable: Rega Planar 3, ADC LMF 2 tonearm, ADC XLM2 cartridge
Digital: Pioneer N70A
Disks: Pioneer dv655a

interesting that you use the 3020a just as a phono pre. when there are people that rave about how good it sounds as an amp as well. i’ve never heard the 3020a

cool set up by the way and love the lamp.
  • Like 2

Thanks! I like the lamp too. 

The 3020a does sound nice but it is old and a little underpowered. It would benifit from some updated components. 

The 3020a has a very good phono stage. I have been planning to replace it for years but it sounds really nice.

4 minutes ago, wen said:

I had my NAD 3020 recapped, sounded amazing on return, currently using a NAD PP2e phono, MM + MC, good sound and value for the money, they come up on the classified's regularly

I also have an ARCAM A60. It has the typical problem of losing most of the sound in one channel, and there is an online guide to recapping the amp. Apparently they also come up sounding amazing. If only I had the resources (time or money), as I would be curious to hear one revamped.

I was looking at the PP2e and decided to save my money and possibly go for Project tube box DS2 or something in that ball park.

On 24/02/2019 at 9:42 PM, Tharg said:

...I am new here and new to forums in general. I know that is an odd thing to state but I find talking more comfortable than typing....

Welcome to SNA

When you're new to forums it can feel artificial conversing via a keyboard.  With time I expect that you will feel more comfortable.  And you will find plenty of genuine down-to-earth people here, so there is lots of potential for great conversations via the keyboard. 

I hope you enjoy it here, and I look forward to your posts. 

• Like 1