Stereo Repair at Coburg

A few of you had recommended a stereo repair person I believe was in Coburg.

at the time I spoke to the gentleman and he was very helpful and I didn’t need to get my equipment repaired.

I have lost his details and was wondering if some could pass those on.

I remember vaguely his repair shop was named car audio repair or along the lines

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, I've had EC stuff fixed by Tony Mckay there before, he's great but there is usually quite a wait - difficult for me to go without for so long :) I had a chat to Joseph ac CVE, he seemed to know what he's talking about and is an electronic engineer by training.  

On 30/03/2019 at 10:55 AM, punkterfuge said:

Yeah, I've had EC stuff fixed by Tony Mckay there before, he's great but there is usually quite a wait - difficult for me to go without for so long :) I had a chat to Joseph ac CVE, he seemed to know what he's talking about and is an electronic engineer by training.  

If going with CVE and Joseph, my advice is to insist upon a full notation of what was fixed and replaced before you leave amplifier there. Not just a total and hours worked (if you're lucky). My receiver is fixed and runs fine but if I sell it i would like to show any prospective purchaser what my $400 was spent on.

11 minutes ago, dammers31 said:

If going with CVE and Joseph, my advice is to insist upon a full notation of what was fixed and replaced before you leave amplifier there. Not just a total and hours worked (if you're lucky). My receiver is fixed and runs fine but if I sell it i would like to show any prospective purchaser what my $400 was spent on.

Yep, that sounds like a good idea - will do.  He told me verbally but I've forgotten already.  I reconnected my speakers with a single strand accidentally connecting the terminals and shorted the amp and melted the speaker relays! Thinking of the smell still makes me cringe!