FS: [Bris] Aaron ATS 5 + CC-240

Item: Aaron ATS 5 + CC-240
Price: ATS 5 $500, CC-240 $250
Item Condition: Very good
Reason for selling: Funding DAC streamer 
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Bank transfer
Extra Info: These are the speakers that started it all. Heard them at a little Hifi store in Ballina and thought I could never afford/justify them as an 18 year old.

The ATS 5s haven't been used for a while and are still in great condition. The centre is used daily and I love it. It has a small imperfection with the grill material.

I will provide better pics for anyone interested. Pick up is prefered or SEQ area but I guess postage is possible though I don't have original boxes

Also Epos Epic 5s in pic which will also be for sale in another ad

Pictures:

20130523_173157.jpg

20140608_125318.jpg

• Like 1

Fantastic speakers for the price (former RRP approx. $2300 all up). I have the full Aaron HT set (incl. the SUB240 and ATS1's for the rears) but use the ATS5's as my mains for stereo music as well. I love them. The CC240 is one kickarse centre speaker.....dialogue is so clear in movies and it has punch as well. It's a mother...I have a heavy Philips plasma TV sitting on mine! Great price for these HT starters....just add rears and a sub and you have HT heaven!? GLWTS....?

Edited by stevoz
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, anewmission said:

Were aaron speakers and accusound speakers made by the same guys? For some reason i thought they were both made in the same suburb

I don't believe so......Aaron were Betetc Industries in Ballina NSW. Not sure exactly where Accusound were made but they strike me as an Australian company who had them made in China (as Aaron eventually did). Reviews for Accusound aren't glowing.....chalk to Aarons cheese I believe.?

I don't believe so......Aaron were Betetc Industries in Ballina NSW. Not sure exactly where Accusound were made but they strike me as an Australian company who had them made in China (as Aaron eventually did). Reviews for Accusound aren't glowing.....chalk to Aarons cheese I believe.[emoji846]
Ok definitely not the same suburb. I have a pair of accusound floorstanders that i got for $36 used on ebay.. Not sure if it was a fluke but they sound amazing. Much better than other speakers i have paid 2k+ for. Very ugly drivers though, bright yellowish.

I think accusound had lots of bad reviews because their subwoofers kept catching on fire.

18 minutes ago, anewmission said:

I think accusound had lots of bad reviews because their subwoofers kept catching on fire.

Well if your sub can go boom and catch fire at the right moment in the action movie....  it certainly takes home theatre realism to a new level...

The Aaron gear is rock solid.  Still got an old sub I keep in the cupboard as a spare.  Awesome build quality.

• Haha 1