Your Journey Thus Far

So, I am sure this has been raised before here on SNA. What is your current state in terms of satisfaction level of your hifi (two channels) journey? 

1. Still chasing the rainbow, or forever chasing (see below).

2. You are almost there, but still chasing.

3.. You have attainted enlightenment ...the end of the rainbow.

Next set of questions,

a. Do you enjoy the chase? You're a serial dater, a hi fi polygamist?

b. Or you wished you have gone straight to the end rather than wasting money, time and effort (if given the right advise)?

c. You have stopped chasing because? Eg.You've have reached the end of your pocket, the Mrs is in the way :)

Me personally I am on 2 and b. The next level is insane money, it can be reached but no desire to spend that much. Just one one piece of the jigsaw and that is. I do enjoy the auditioning process. Buying and the consequence reselling is not my cup of tea. So, straight to the top of what I can afford. Over to you.

SMB

Edited by Sirmorebeer
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Addicted to music said:

C.

The Boss, also the ministry of finance,  has gotten us both in financial debt.....  

I’m stuck to what I have and possible move things on.  

So you're still chasing? If the boss has given you the blessing. I am sure money won't be an issue as you get older and you have an empty nest.

21 minutes ago, Sirmorebeer said:

So you're still chasing? If the boss has given you the blessing. I am sure money won't be an issue as you get older and you have an empty nest.

Maybe in the distant future,  not now.  My son has moved out but he still return to use the washing machine and the study and the nbn!.....and raids the fridge, but good to see him home from time to time.      My daughter just completed Diploma of Language and a Degree in Games Design, she's still finding her feet.    Next April will be some serious financial commitment as the decision was made 18-20 mths prior.  Ive been told the its all systems go and shouldn't  be a problem by the banks, so this is going to knock us out ATM.

Edited by Addicted to music

Personally I am on 3 and c. 

I wouldn't have skipped the journey for anything... it was an amazing experience. But I've been lucky enough to have ended up in the right room roughly 8 years ago, at the right stage of the journey and the right time in life to have the cash flow to support the habit! 

My last two audio purchases have been upgrades to gen 2 of existing product that I have. These days I am more focussed on trying to find new music to play, which is more and more driven by the music I am making myself and my explorations in that direction. 

We are, however, semi-seriously househunting and that will almost certainly necessitate moving to smaller speakers... I am easing into the hunt but looking forward to the "journey" recommencing, albeit in a new direction. 

• Love 1

hifi side.

3. reached a little while back(few years ago ?) ...  a point of contentment ....

c. just happy with my lot ...

yep am sure there is some thing better or something... perhaps am easily pleased .... but no just happy...  been like this a little while now.... no need to keep looking chasing....

might even consolidate couple of pieces sort off overlap in what capable off....

its more the music to me anyways... the system is more means to end .... and as long as like the sounds coming out of it am pleased.

av sytem ? thats different... constantly there are tech developments and such and every time I think wow is this as good as gets .. something else comes along and am constantly being taken aback on the ways forward... so do expect the av side to require more continuous chasing... seeking ...

• Like 2

I've come to the end of the journey, both figuratively and literally, Music playback equipment and most Travel.

Currently happy with my setup, will look for a few 'tweaks' but being on a fixed income and having room constrains limits things. Will keep to purchasing mostly music for a while.

Current setup:

Avid Ingenium TT with Ortofon Quintet Blue, until my Benz Micro Glider refurns from retipping.

Project Phonobox DS+

PrimaLuna ProLogue Two Amp

Tannoy Revolution XT 6 Speakers on Atacama Stands

JIB and Wireworld Wiring

Scanning the 'Classifieds' for a CD player as the one I was using for ~ 6 months had to be returned to its owner.

Edited by Neurone

Over all 3c

But I know I want more power which means more amps of the same.

and

Still lightly tinkering with source comments and flavours.

If I changed nothing I could still live happily for a long long time.

52 minutes ago, joz said:

Over all 3c

But I know I want more power which means more amps of the same.

and

Still lightly tinkering with source comments and flavours.

If I changed nothing I could still live happily for a long long time.

You have the loudest home system I've ever heard!!

Obviously a few more dBs wouldn't hurt, perhaps deafen !?

I reckon I'm 2 a , nearly there but few issues recently have me searching for funnily enough- more power !!! 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, evil c said:

You have the loudest home system I've ever heard!!

Obviously a few more dBs wouldn't hurt, perhaps deafen !?

I reckon I'm 2 a , nearly there but few issues recently have me searching for funnily enough- more power !!! 

whaaat? more power??? not you too !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Got the DAC / amplifier that'll do me for the rest of my life (Devialet Original d' Atelier) but then run out of money for the speakers I want (Vivid Audio Giya series) I'm sure once I get them and set up in a good room, I'll be done. Maybe a good source.

14 minutes ago, evil c said:

Weeellll maybe just more current then ! emoji6.png

its a slippery slope......

im a guessing you wont be needing that puny gutless little glowing melody anymore.... says he living in contentment :D 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, betty boop said:

its a slippery slope......

im a guessing you wont be needing that puny gutless little glowing melody anymore.... says he living in contentment :D 

That puny Melody sure does sound good however,  not planning on selling anytime soon! ?

What has created this contentment with you al ? 

• Like 1

Hi All,

I'm a 2.5 C,  2.5 as I am still buying small items, eg Tube Rolling within my current setup.

I am in my late 60s so with diminishing aural returns, with age, the improvements I would probably need to improve, would be high 5 figures, low 6 figures ?

JJ

53 minutes ago, evil c said:

That puny Melody sure does sound good however,  not planning on selling anytime soon! ?

What has created this contentment with you al ? 

posted back here,

https://www.stereo.net.au/forums/topic/263080-your-journey-thus-far/?do=findComment&comment=4070523

just happy with my lot, one caveat that's on hifi side, av different story as i outlined :)