Okay - what am I doing wrong here!

Got the Delos. Trying to fit to Akito tonearm. Tonearm has a little hole at front that apparently lines up with little hole on delos according to info sheet. Apparently makes life easier.

I can see on the Dr F protractor it is clear the cart has to go back so the hole thingy is probably pretty close. Only one problem - the bloody cart cannot go back any further!

It is hitting the wiring of the tonearm. I am sure I have done something wrong but have no idea what. 

Help!

20190223_161026_resized.thumb.jpg.8c4b9aec54e8ef2f0bb55c84b4f3fce1.jpg

1 minute ago, rodders3 said:

Yes the arm base can go up and down but hoping to avoid a shim or whatever they are called. I'm thinking new wiring as well. The current came with the arm brand new at xmas.

Hello rodders3, I think Doug is asking if the tonearm base can be moved forward or back, not up and down.

Cheers,

Keith

• Like 1

Sorry thats not what I meant. Should have clarified, is the  arm base adjustable (i.e. can you slid the arm backward and forward on its mounting points of=r is it fixed)?

EDIT: Cheeky beat me to it

Edited by Tubularbells

Here's an old pic of a set up I had using an SME arm and you'll note that the terminal jacks are pretty long. Because of the offset angle of the headshell, very similar to your tonearm, you can see that the cartridge really can't impact with the tonearm wiring. Is your P2S distance correct?

Cheers,

Keith

Picture 1074.jpg

Looking at that pic you've posted, it looks like there are jacks at the end of the tonearm too and they are impacting the cartridge. Perhaps a new set of cartridge wires with smaller terminal jacks, especially at the tonearm side. Sorry I can't offer any better solution.

Cheers,

Keith

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cheekyboy said:

Looking at that pic you've posted, it looks like there are jacks at the end of the tonearm too and they are impacting the cartridge. Perhaps a new set of cartridge wires with smaller terminal jacks, especially at the tonearm side. Sorry I can't offer any better solution.

Cheers,

Keith

Appreciate everything Keith. I am thinking same as you though. Cheers, Rod

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rodders3 said:

I can see on the Dr F protractor it is clear the cart has to go back

One last thing before im out of ideas. When you say the above is that in relation to step 1,2 or 3 of the measurement? You do realist you need to turn the platter for measurement number one and two after settling on an specific alignment right right?

40 minutes ago, Tubularbells said:

One last thing before im out of ideas. When you say the above is that in relation to step 1,2 or 3 of the measurement? You do realist you need to turn the platter for measurement number one and two after settling on an specific alignment right right?

Thanks mate I do realise that. Appreciate the help.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tubularbells said:

Hmmm failing everything else your welcome to bring it over to the church (aka. my listening room) and we can both take a better look to see whats going on if you like.

Very generous Doug. Will see how I go. I will detach the wiring and see if unusually large. Cheers.