Jump to content

Elektra Pnyx


Recommended Posts



19 minutes ago, buddyev said:

Any of you Elektra nuts know if it’s possible to use the home theatre bypass input as a standard rca input? How would I do it?

A general answer which should  apply to the PNYX. HTypass is another RCA port but no volume control and no other processing.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, buddyev said:

Any of you Elektra nuts know if it’s possible to use the home theatre bypass input as a standard rca input? How would I do it?

 

10 minutes ago, Snoopy8 said:

A general answer which should  apply to the PNYX. HTypass is another RCA port but no volume control and no other processing.

 

As Snoopy8 mentioned, HT bypass is a pair of RCA inputs. See the first second photo here.

 

All outputs (RCA and balanced) are active at any time so you can drive say mains and subs in stereo mode.

 

 

Edited by Quark
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Quark said:

 

As Snoopy8 mentioned, HT bypass is a pair of RCA inputs. See the first second photo here.

 

All outputs (RCA and balanced) are active at any time so you can drive say mains and subs in stereo mode.

That’s the very one now sitting on my rack and replacing the old Elektra pre. 

 

I don’t need ht bypass so question is, is there a way to use it as a standard RCA - eg for a cdp? I’m assuming it’s not possible because the volume wouldn’t be controllable. It’s not a big deal but an extra input would be handy. 

 

The unit has a phono card fitted but i want use my own external phono so it effectively removes that built in phono input from use. Maybe I could take that out of the circuit? 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, buddyev said:

That’s the very one now sitting on my rack and replacing the old Elektra pre. 

 

I don’t need ht bypass so question is, is there a way to use it as a standard RCA - eg for a cdp? I’m assuming it’s not possible because the volume wouldn’t be controllable. It’s not a big deal but an extra input would be handy. 

 

The unit has a phono card fitted but i want use my own external phono so it effectively removes that built in phono input from use. Maybe I could take that out of the circuit? 

Yes, seems like your choices are remove the phono card, use a balanced/RCA adaptor or have Arthur alter the HT bypass - bypass the bypass.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites



4 minutes ago, Quark said:

Yes, seems like your choices are remove the phono card, use a balanced/RCA adaptor or have Arthur alter the HT bypass - bypass the bypass.

I need to have a decent listen to the phono. It would be handy to use it but first impressions are that it isn’t as good as my Slee. tbh I hardly listen to vinyl these days so I could get rid of another box. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, buddyev said:

I need to have a decent listen to the phono. It would be handy to use it but first impressions are that it isn’t as good as my Slee. tbh I hardly listen to vinyl these days so I could get rid of another box. 

I don't listen to it as much either nowadays, but it is nice to have it there when I do want to.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...
To Top