FS: Rod Elliot design Solid State Preamp

Item: Rod Elliot design Solid State Preamp 
Price: $790
Item Condition: excellent 
Reason for selling: upgrading to Supratek
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info: 

The preamp has been great, with a very detailed sound, free of grain, totally quiet and ease of use. Rod Elliot intended the design to match with Zen Nelson Pass power amps. Build construction is very high quality, heavy duty 8kg case, quality parts and finish is well above commercial class standard.

This was built by Decky who used to be on the forum. Using his previous advert details as amended, quote: “implementing a Elliott Sound Products (ESP) design. It is a very simple and effective class-A design described in details here: http://sound.whsites.net/project37.htm

The original circuit is supported by the following: 

- 2x R-core transformers, one for the pre-amp board the other for everything else

- 3 separate regulated power supplies for powering pre-amp board, input and output switching boards and volume control circuit 

- Relay input switching board, output turn-on  delay (programmable) and muting relay board 

- Twisted Pear Audio Joshua Tree relay driven volume control driven by a digital encoder (http://www.twistedpearaudio.com/control/jt.aspx

-  Filtered AC input 

- CNC machined black anodised aluminium box. 

- A lot of love and care invested in building this amp with the overall value of parts being north of $1500”

ELECTRICAL DISCLAIMER
This product has not been manufactured by a qualified individual or company, therefore contains electrical circuits that do not necessarily comply with Australian Standards. I understand that as the seller, I may be liable to repercussions in the event of equipment failure. By advertising and selling this product, as the seller I also agree that I am solely liable, and the publisher of this website takes no responsibility for any injury or death resulting from, whether directly or indirectly, any accident that may happen as a result of the failure of the product being sold. If in doubt, seek the services of a qualified electrician to inspect the product to ensure it is safe for used

F6817761-7627-4B14-B0AD-5F6ADC676CE2.jpeg

50560677-F5F5-4F4F-AA5D-2657AC76C701.jpeg

783560D0-C32C-4B19-B4E6-5AF51473A99C.jpeg

3ABF1C68-BD49-4937-B392-A1E717F11DFB.jpeg

Edited by Al.M
  • Like 2